Milne, Saad, Millera & Schnieder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Milne, Saad, Millera & Schnieder

How many small forwards can we fit into the team?

Assuming they are all injury free, who do we select?

Do any of these guys have the tank to run through the midfield?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne, Saad, Millera & Schnieder

Toy Saint wrote:How many small forwards can we fit into the team?

I'd leave it as it is

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

One off the bench who can also play mid and back... Perhaps Milera or Schnieds... Milney and Saad are predominantly Fwds

bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO Saad Roo Milera
Stanley Kosi Milne

would be my forward line,with Schneider interchange
kosi,Stanley doing share of ruck work with either Blake or Ben,having said that tho some gave him votes against Tigers,Blake got beaten in Ruck

Moods
Saintsational Legend

For mine, Milera's decision making is still questionable. I would bring Schneider in for him. I was pulling my hair out in the third quarter when he was running into an open goal 40m out and he chipped it to a contest in the goal square.

Did Roo's supposed spray the week before have an impact on him? Was he too scared to have a shot?

bergsone
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:For mine, Milera's decision making is still questionable. I would bring Schneider in for him. I was pulling my hair out in the third quarter when he was running into an open goal 40m out and he chipped it to a contest in the goal square.

Did Roo's supposed spray the week before have an impact on him? Was he too scared to have a shot?

Crossed my mind too.Got the feeling decision making will improve more he plays,still in best 22 IMO

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not scared, just overthinking it now IMO.

I like him better when he doesn't think at all, I also like how it affects opposition defences.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:How many small forwards can we fit into the team?

But if you question really is can we fit all of Milne, Saad, Millera & Schnieder into the 21, then the answer is yes.

Milne and Saad to mainly play as small forwards.
Milera to play more wing to HF.
Schneider to play HF and Midfield rotation.

All to rotate through the bench.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Statsman
Club Player

I like the youthful energy and forward pressure of Milera and Saad in the forward line, so perhaps Schneider could serve us better in another role. What about re-inventing him as a small defender setting us up on half back? It would be a similar transmission to what Hawthorn have done with Guerra. He left us as a forward pocket and was re-invented as a back pocket.

I'm not sure Schneider has the tank to play as a pure midfielder, particularly coming back from a long injury, but off half back he could be a handy option. He's got pretty good field vision and generally clean disposal (other than when kicking for goals in grand finals). We've also got some holes in the small defender position with Geary out and Newnes only starting his career.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:I like the youthful energy and forward pressure of Milera and Saad in the forward line, so perhaps Schneider could serve us better in another role. What about re-inventing him as a small defender setting us up on half back? It would be a similar transmission to what Hawthorn have done with Guerra. He left us as a forward pocket and was re-invented as a back pocket.

I'm not sure Schneider has the tank to play as a pure midfielder, particularly coming back from a long injury, but off half back he could be a handy option. He's got pretty good field vision and generally clean disposal (other than when kicking for goals in grand finals). We've also got some holes in the small defender position with Geary out and Newnes only starting his career.
I reckon thats a decent idea also

If not, Schneider (who is shortish) stays fwd and Milera off a HBF could offer real speed, foot skills...and possibly set up in future as a "Burgoyne" outside mid?

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Milera doesn't stay close to goal and is often running all over the ground while Saad is much closer to goal.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The real question IMO is can Milne keep his spot?

Is Schneider still in our best 22... no doubt he's a good player but like many others he needs to play really well to keep the kids out

I think we're pbly all in agreeance that we def want Terry and Saad in the team

Richter
SS Life Member

For next week I see Schneids coming in for Cripps, though that spot could go to Siposs.

I can see all those four playing, but only if we're playing two Talls up front. Once big Ben and Rhys come back in I'm not sure how we fit all 4 smalls and 3 Talls in... at that stage it will come down to... injury and form... which is how it should be come the latter part of the season...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
groupie1
Club Player

bergsone wrote:
Moods wrote:For mine, Milera's decision making is still questionable. I would bring Schneider in for him. I was pulling my hair out in the third quarter when he was running into an open goal 40m out and he chipped it to a contest in the goal square.

Crossed my mind too.Got the feeling decision making will improve more he plays,still in best 22 IMO
Both right: the clip on Milera is his decision-making, and agree also that experience & coaching should resolve that
a big part of poor decision making in AFL is the game going just that split second faster than you... good players adapt to the pace of the game

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga