who teaches these guys to kick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

who teaches these guys to kick

Who in the hell is teaching our guys to kick and handball , i know there is pressure out there but we handball to guys feet instead of chest we kick at all angles but seldom straight even when not having a shot at goal our main offenders are cj,gilbert and roo

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Re: who teaches these guys to kick

Pressure. Scrambles the old brain cells. Hard to replicate in training. Adrenaline doesn't help.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

There were a few bad misses but when your 40m out on the run or kicking from a tight angle thats bound to happen. Not so much when you are having a set shot 10m out dirctly infront.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote:Who in the hell is teaching our guys to kick and handball , i know there is pressure out there but we handball to guys feet instead of chest we kick at all angles but seldom straight even when not having a shot at goal our main offenders are cj,gilbert and roo
Our head ducking coach should be sacked!
Every week we have opposition players getting frees for ducking under tackles or headbutting our players in the abdomen.
Why are we not doing the same?
Forget sliding this is mucvh worse in my opinion!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Auskick coaches....

By the time players get to the AFL they would have played footy for around Ten years..... It would take them that long to untrained their learnt style, especially under pressure.... They could change a fundamental, but natural rythem is hard to escape...

Decision making is just as important

Like, why did jack Steven kick the ball 6 meters to Nick Dal on the 50m line?? Something I've seen him do a few times....

lefty
Club Player

I can understand kicking, but bad handballs... there is no excuse. Gilbert had poor handballs to the feet of players.

Sigh... disappointed we lost, was a good game, we needed to win, boys played alright to be honest.

wallbanger
Club Player

Gilbert is the worst handballer in the comp - unbelievable that a player at the highest level continually misses targets 3m away by hand. Not to mention that he has no right foot at all. Stumpy.

Trade bait.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)