Changes v/s the Tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v/s the Tigers

Only a guess, but Gilbert played further up the ground prior to Fisher going down.

I'd say he'll move back up, and it will be either be Siposs or Cripps that makes way?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sam Reid couldn't get a kick off an electric fence ATM..... And if we're for one minute suggesting a 90kg Gilbert is going to play key back..... I mean c'mon.

You can't have 5 defenders medium tall/tall defenders
Gwilt.... A quality player who has played 1 game and will definitely improve BTW comparing Gwilt who is the clubs 4th best kick and Gilbert who would rank 44th is strange
Dempster.... Undroppable if that's a word
Simpkin..... Cemented for quite a while
Fisher...... Possibly one of StK's greatest ever back men
Gilbert..... Tall defender, plays a bit as a runner, can take a catch. Form is reasonable, makes mistakes
Clarke..... Medium tall
Blake..... Second best stopper,possibly best with gorillas

Pick 4 out of 7

Gram for rebound
Geary for small lockdown

Are required to make 6

andrewg
Club Player

Fisher can play grams roll no problems or Gilbert. Crips was also paying off half back at the beginning of the year for run. Gram out fisher in.
Can't see cripps missing he was great.

Alternative cripps plays sub fisher in for siposs but to be honest more upside in cripps game than gram. IMO

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

On form, Raph Clarke should have been selected before Jimmy, although he had only the two games (still). Although I cant see anyone deserving to be dropped at the moment. So if Geary misses, I would expect Raph to get the nod before Newnes.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I suspect there won't be too many changes this week or next due to 2 byes in a row for Sandy (last week & this). Jaryn Geary would have to be doubtful for this week. He could be replaced by Sam Fisher (if fit) or Raph Clarke !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I suspect they will not risk fisher, with gc the week after (not required) and then the bye, we could ensure he is 110% for after the bye

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Sam Reid couldn't get a kick off an electric fence ATM..... And if we're for one minute suggesting a 90kg Gilbert is going to play key back..... I mean c'mon.

You can't have 5 defenders medium tall/tall defenders
Gwilt.... A quality player who has played 1 game and will definitely improve BTW comparing Gwilt who is the clubs 4th best kick and Gilbert who would rank 44th is strange
Dempster.... Undroppable if that's a word
Simpkin..... Cemented for quite a while
Fisher...... Possibly one of StK's greatest ever back men
Gilbert..... Tall defender, plays a bit as a runner, can take a catch. Form is reasonable, makes mistakes
Clarke..... Medium tall
Blake..... Second best stopper,possibly best with gorillas

Pick 4 out of 7

Gram for rebound
Geary for small lockdown

Are required to make 6
Why do you hate dislike being disagreed with so much?

Your forceful pleas for 'being allowed to have a view' are almost constantly outweighed by your need to force your views upon those who couldn't give a fig either way outside the discussion.

I mean knock yourself out, but I do find your forceful way a bit contrary sometimes.

What I will say is that it's bloody great to have several good + players scratching and biting for a spot in our best available 22.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Eastern wrote:I suspect there won't be too many changes this week or next due to 2 byes in a row for Sandy (last week & this). Jaryn Geary would have to be doubtful for this week. He could be replaced by Sam Fisher (if fit) or Raph Clarke !!
I tend to agree Eastern.

If the reports and opinions expressed are correct, then I wouldn't want to risk Sam F's hammy nor Mrs Geary's boy's cheekbone fracture.

People whose opinions I do respect assure us that Grammy is actually traveling ok, so he can have the role of tenacious small defender. I don't think that should interfere too much with Grammy's rebounding role, as he hasn't been doing too much of that of late, but hey, he is capable of performing both... Come on Grammy!!!

For mine, Sippa must play. He's wasted in the VFL. This guy (I reckon) will be a star and match winner for us. The sooner we get the necessary games into him, the sooner he will be. Go Sippa!!!

Ledger's lack of a tank issues... does anyone know anymore re this??? Also, has he apologised yet for kicking Cuddle's cat???

So in summary, I reckon...

IN:Schneiderman (always room for another smart goal kicker).
OUT: Mrs G's boy (inj).
SUB: Cripps, or Schneids' (if fitness is a question).
Unlucky: Little Len, Raph.
EMERG: The unlucky duo, plus Wilkesy.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

If Fisher is fit I think it will be

In Fisher
Out Siposs

Gilbert to play on wing.

And I reckon we will see Millera as the sub....... I don't know why just a feeling.

If Fisher is not fit then ..... no change

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Only a guess, but Gilbert played further up the ground prior to Fisher going down.

I'd say he'll move back up, and it will be either be Siposs or Cripps that makes way?

That's a tough one as both are going to be really good players long term

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Anyone this week who refuses to eat steak that is cooked 'rare' - out of the team!!!!!!!

Line up the players on thursday and anyone who doesn't have a steely resolve in the eyes - out of the team!!!!!!!

Get the picture

roxanne
Club Player

"Full circle with no answer"......couldn't agree more. McEvoy's about another 4 weeks off and I have a sneaking suspicion Fisher won't be ready. If Geary's OK ( and I really hope he is) No Change.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Scollop wrote:Anyone this week who refuses to eat steak that is cooked 'rare' - out of the team!!!!!!!

Line up the players on thursday and anyone who doesn't have a steely resolve in the eyes - out of the team!!!!!!!

Get the picture
I like it Scollop! Great selection policy! :idea:

Could be a bit tough on Grammy though..., but I'm sure he's capable...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Cosmo Kramer

If Geary doesn't come up I can see Polo getting picked as a like for like swap to play on Nahas or King.
Not that I see Polo in our team in the long term but we need a small lock down defender.

To the top
SS Life Member

Just thought I would refer to 27 May at 8.15PM.

Newnes in. Not surprised by this.

Clarke and Schnieder right on the radar as the emergencies but to perform again at VFL level to re-claim their places. Wilkes remains the "tall" cover as he was last week for an ill Kosi.

Richmond has been one of the teams Milne has consistently excelled against by kicking goals - so it will be interesting with Saad and Milera also in the side.

Perhaps a small forwards night?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Just thought I would refer to 27 May at 8.15PM.

Newnes in. Not surprised by this.

Clarke and Schnieder right on the radar as the emergencies but to perform again at VFL level to re-claim their places. Wilkes remains the "tall" cover as he was last week for an ill Kosi.

Richmond has been one of the teams Milne has consistently excelled against by kicking goals - so it will be interesting with Saad and Milera also in the side.

Perhaps a small forwards night?

Read it and it didnt tell me anything apart from you suggesting 4 players that may come in.