IF we win 2 from next 3

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

IF we win 2 from next 3

IF we win 2 from the next 3 and go into the bye with no fresh injuries.

It is seriously going to be on like Donkey Kong for this season.

(p.s Im certainly not taking Tigers lightly- we could lose and be back in struggle street very quickly - so a 50:50).
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 29 May 2012 4:51pm, edited 2 times in total.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: IF we win next 2...

unfortunately we have Adelaide away off a 6 day break before the bye. I know from within the club is livid with this 6 weeks of the draw

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:unfortunately we have Adelaide away off a 6 day break before the bye. I know from within the club is livid with this 6 weeks of the draw
oh yeah i meant 2 out of next 3 :-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
tony74 wrote:unfortunately we have Adelaide away off a 6 day break before the bye. I know from within the club is livid with this 6 weeks of the draw

If we win 2 out of 3 we will probably be about 7th. Didnt you say after about round 11 or 12 if we are 7th or lower we should tank for the rest of the year?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It's 4 6 day breaks over a 5 game period which includes trips to Perth, Gold Coast and Adelaide.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

WIN ALL OF OUR NEXT 3. We're used to 6 day breaks now !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
If we win 2 out of 3 we will probably be about 7th. Didnt you say after about round 11 or 12 if we are 7th or lower we should tank for the rest of the year?
Yay! Lets tank!

Lets show those Dreamons and Carltank how tanking is really done! And with our now revamped and red h-ot recruiting setup, we'll show 'em how to pick great players. Besides, no point letting the Dreamons have the best picks, they'd just waste 'em... again. :twisted:

Disclaimer: Of course I'm just kidding about us tanking... not kidding about the rest of my post though! Go you Saintas!
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Tue 29 May 2012 5:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
It's 4 6 day breaks over a 5 game period which includes trips to Perth, Gold Coast and Adelaide.
Good. Im glad the club is pissed off at the AFL.

You'd think the cocksuckers with their whizz bang computerized FIXturing could've prevented this nonsense occurring but clearly not.

Epic fail again Adrian Anderscum B grade lawyer.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I LOVE IT! I threw out the bait and I know you would bite!

And YEP I stand by what I said. If we aint top 8 at round 12 - im happy to tank it up. But if we win 2 from next 3 we WILL be top 8. SO therefore the tank is OFF! So i havent changed my stance one iota plugger. But nice try buddy.

(for the record: My definition of tanking is as follows:
sr players carrying injuries can be sent for surgery after round 20.
give fringe kids a few games to see how they go if/when possible)

anyway all irrelevant cos we are going to be top 8 come round 12!

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: IF we win 2 from next 3

It seems to be one of those years that if everything comes together for you at the right time of the year, you could seriously have a crack at the flag from anywhere in the 8. If we continue to build and improve the way we are right now and get vital players back into our side without losing too many, I can't see why we can't match it with anyone in this league.

What's great about the footy right now is that I feel as if St.Kilda are getting better again... Where the ceiling is... Only time will tell.

noob
Club Player

Even though we have adelaide with a 6 day break knowing we have a bye they can go all out knowing the following week they can rest.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh.

The season isn't over now?

Missed the memo.

;)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Good. Im glad the club is pissed off at the AFL.

You'd think the cocksuckers with their whizz bang computerized FIXturing could've prevented this nonsense occurring but clearly not.

Epic fail again Adrian Anderscum B grade lawyer.

Good stuff.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: oh yeah i meant 2 out of next 3 :-)

I LOVE IT! I threw out the bait and I know you would bite!

And YEP I stand by what I said. If we aint top 8 at round 12 - im happy to tank it up. But if we win 2 from next 3 we WILL be top 8. SO therefore the tank is OFF! So i havent changed my stance one iota plugger. But nice try buddy.

(for the record: My definition of tanking is as follows:
sr players carrying injuries can be sent for surgery after round 20.
give fringe kids a few games to see how they go if/when possible)

anyway all irrelevant cos we are going to be top 8 come round 12!

There was no bait. You said if we are 7th or worse after round 12 we should tank because we obviously cant win the flag. And you meant it. Also is jack slow?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

The youngens need to be playing finals football early on as it is a completely new ball-game.

That being said I hardly expect finals wins. I just want to see our newer players improve and hopefully develop a younger core to benefit the older core.

St Lenny
Club Player

I hate all the 6 day breaks, but if my maths is correct, its not a 6 day break between Rich (Fri nite) and Suns (Sat twilight).

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Yes but it's another six day break after that, which makes it four out of five.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SMS
Club Player

Have a look at our 6 day break history! We win most of em. 6 days is enough. It can be good because players dont have time to think or have a drink just to prepare!!

After the bye we SHOuLD win more then half the games
Poster is right we need to win 2 from 3 to be a real chance!

Basically if we beat richmond friday things are looking really good.
Gc gws demons north lions all coming after tigers!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Be both thrilled and amazed if we beat Richmond. Happily amazed, but amazed regardless.

I thought we looked rooted in last v Swans. Really treading water.

So this week though I just see a leg-weary side coming up against a team that is deadset purring.

Glad it's at Etihad. That's a big plus.

Still if we do beat Richmond, agreed, things will be tracking pretty well.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Ross who?
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Be both thrilled and amazed if we beat Richmond. Happily amazed, but amazed regardless.

I thought we looked rooted in last v Swans. Really treading water.

So this week though I just see a leg-weary side coming up against a team that is deadset purring.

Glad it's at Etihad. That's a big plus.

Still if we do beat Richmond, agreed, things will be tracking pretty well.
I think that the Tigers will be the ones who will have weary legs after playing in the wet at the G. I thought we just took our foot off the pedal a bit in the last vs Swans. We are the masters at Etihad and think that will give us an edge.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

It depends on how the tige cope with the hype we have seen them many time think they are all that only to be sent crashing back to earth ... Really I can see the tiges either winning by a goal or getting smashed by us by 10

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/