Lyon sniffing around

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon sniffing around

markp wrote:Sportsnoozefirst.

Didn't they say Lyon was a lock for the melbourne gig?...
I still have my suspicions that he was, and left his mate Misson hanging

Bit like what the Demons did to Freo with Clark :wink:

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Well what I don't understand is the article says he needs "nippy on-ballers".
BJ, Monty and Dal are talented and skilled but you wouldn't say any of them are nippy particularly BJ and Dal.
If he is looking for pace then are our experienced players is the last place he would look for it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I don't think Freo will get any star from anywhere ... Ross will do a sweep of the list at years end and he will need fast results from the Freo board so expect him to fill up with "role" players who will follow his plan to the letter he will get players on the outer with their clubs who need a second chance and will work hard for him ... A Star player will be too hard to bring over and sell the game plan to .. Especially a forward .. Can you imagine Ross trying to sell Freo and his game plan of defend clog and keep it close to a power forward like Cloak ??
Money talks and we're talking about the Clokes remember.

Finey rekons the BJ rumor has some legs.

I'm a bit worried that he hasn't singned by now and if does not sign by the end of July, he's a good chance to go. It shouldn't take that long to negotiate if both parties want to make it happen.
Money does talk but so does playing the way he wants to play ... Cloke would have loved the hype around him being the most dominant player in the comp he would love being a favorite for the Colman and he showed he loves taking control of the game single handedly .. Ross can't offer any of that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
paddy
Club Player

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost a Midfielder - I would lament losing Goddard though... but he can be covered.

However every week that passes, with Scotty 'warm and fuzzy' Watters, players are going to be less likely to leave....

I know it is the club PR talk, but every player seems to be saying how much they are enjoying their footy at the moment, and enjoying being at the club....

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Who's Finey and what does he know?
SEN Finey. He said he made some calls yesterday and the rumour that Freo were going hard for Cloke and BJ was confirmed. He couldn't confirm the Hill part.

As you'd expect, he's got a number of contacts in the industry.
Quite a few teams would be going hard for BJ. Doesn't mean that a rumour 'has legs'. A club would be negligible in their duties if they did not make enquiries about a top player coming out of contract. Freemantle would be 1 of many teams looking at him.

BJ ain't going anywhere. Pencil him in as a Saint. You heard if here first. Contract talks will be done and dusted within 2 months.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

been saying it since last year
will be a saint for life

things are looking up for us imo
good youth
bj still has a good sniff at a prem i reckon

will stay and 60% of peeps will whinge that we didnt offer him up for 15 top ten draft picks :roll:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Who's Finey and what does he know?
SEN Finey. He said he made some calls yesterday and the rumour that Freo were going hard for Cloke and BJ was confirmed. He couldn't confirm the Hill part.

As you'd expect, he's got a number of contacts in the industry.

well thayt will be the only way Freo gets a premiership.

Buying one.