Dear Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Jeff
Club Player

Re: Dear Ross Lyon

desertsaint wrote:Just imagine what a decent coach could've delivered with our team.
We even took a coach like Lyon into the big dance.
And twice at that! :P

FQF
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he thought he could walk into another club and get guys of the quality of Lenny, Roo, Fisher, BJ, Dal etc...

He was wrong.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Suck on that turd head Lyon.

5 goals 6 behinds on a perfect day for footy at the derby!

Pity for those Shocker fans they have to endure this imbecile for at least a couple of years.

Who needs sleeping pills when you have Rosco eh?!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Maybe he thought he could walk into another club and get guys of the quality of Lenny, Roo, Fisher, BJ, Dal etc...

He was wrong.
He got Zac though!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:Did our players carry Lyon?
In late 2006, a senior coach from another club said coaching the St Kilda list was akin to being offered sex with Elle Macpherson.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z1w3WTVlnm

So just going on that analogy above...if Rossy plays the role of the male stud and the Saints list is 'elle', well.... I reckon it must have been good for Rossy, but I don't think elle climaxed did she?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
In late 2006, a senior coach from another club said coaching the St Kilda list was akin to being offered sex with Elle Macpherson.

So just going on that analogy above...if Rossy plays the role of the male stud and the Saints list is 'elle', well.... I reckon it must have been good for Rossy, but I don't think elle climaxed did she?
he almost got her there twice, but apparently they were fakes.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: GOLD!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

In hindsight, dont know if the anlolgy is accurate.

We all know he cant score :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
noob
Club Player

Don't think he really cares with all the money he would have received.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Some very strange posts in this thread. Some idiotic, absolute garbage. Ross must be the worst coach in the league and he had no bearing in taking us to Grand Finals. Peeople who think Ross was bad for our club and did nothing are absolute clueless. ABSOLUTE CLUELESS

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sure he has no idea about goal attack...but his timing was right when he scored the Saints gig and when he scored the Freo gig

Built his reputaion off the back of the blood, sweat and bruises of a bunch of footy legends and guys with huge tickers - champion Saints team that deserves another crack
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 27 May 2012 8:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We made two gfs because we have SIR LENNY HAYES!
What about 2004, 2005?
Clueless Nimbat.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:Now i look back i actually wonder if ross may have cost us a premiership.. he never had a back up plan and rarely toyed with players in new areas or new players...... i believe thats what stuffed us in 09, we became to predictable....then in 2010 ill admit he made the right moves in gf1 but they werent by choice... he made the obvious moves due to injury..... gf2 well again wouldnt make changes then when decided to... tried to make exact same ones.. again predictable
So funny. Clueless Nimbat. Some stupid s*** right there. Honestly.

Footy really does bring out the nuff nuffs of society that arent quite right.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Some very strange posts in this thread. Some idiotic, absolute garbage. Ross must be the worst coach in the league and he had no bearing in taking us to Grand Finals. Peeople who think Ross was bad for our club and did nothing are absolute clueless. ABSOLUTE CLUELESS
He wasn't bad for the club but I am glad he didn't hang around.

I am getting more confident that with the inclusion of Saad, Milera (would they even have been there if Lyon was still there?) Stanley, Jack Steven and Armo through the middle, Simpkin (instead of spud Dawson who Ross loves apparently) we are on to something exciting instead of dour dross of a spectacle that a lyon coached team dishes up.

In the end Lyon was as successful as every other coach at the Saints except for Jeans - in the end he failed, now gone and i say GOOD. I anm liking what i see at the Saints.

Lance or James??

The Jeff
Club Player

Lowest ever score at Subi...LOL :lol:

FQF
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
wasaintsfan wrote:Now i look back i actually wonder if ross may have cost us a premiership.. he never had a back up plan and rarely toyed with players in new areas or new players...... i believe thats what stuffed us in 09, we became to predictable....then in 2010 ill admit he made the right moves in gf1 but they werent by choice... he made the obvious moves due to injury..... gf2 well again wouldnt make changes then when decided to... tried to make exact same ones.. again predictable
So funny. Clueless Nimbat. Some stupid s*** right there. Honestly.

Footy really does bring out the nuff nuffs of society that arent quite right.
it's only a football fan forum.....it's not meant to be taken seriously...there is no relationship between this place and the real world....fortunately :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
What about 2004, 2005?
Clueless Nimbat.
what about them? im not following ?
what happened to the saints in 04/05 that i should know?
the only relevant thing is that lyons head space is entirely occupied with the 04/05 game plan. he is still frozen in time there and he was only assistant anyways .
we made 2 gfs on the back of out incredible top 6 leaders. and despite lyon not because of him.
with a good coach we might have 2 flags with this core group.cant believe anyone wants to support lyon still.
hes a f*cking joke.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

My opinion hasn't changed. He was a great coach for us. Would have loved to have seen how Ro$$y would have gone coaching us during our rebuild. That said, am very happy with Cuddles and how he is going about the cultivating of the new-look saints team. :D

Back to Ro$$y..., will we ever know just why he really left??? I think that as a 'career coach' he's made a huge error of judgement leaving us. Missed getting to one bruise-free footy team, but landed on his feet and made it to another one... :oops:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
What about 2004, 2005?
Clueless Nimbat.
what about them? im not following ?
what happened to the saints in 04/05 that i should know?
the only relevant thing is that lyons head space is entirely occupied with the 04/05 game plan. he is still frozen in time there and he was only assistant anyways .
we made 2 gfs on the back of out incredible top 6 leaders. and despite lyon not because of him.
with a good coach we might have 2 flags with this core group.cant believe anyone wants to support lyon still.
hes a f*cking joke.
Why didnt we make the GF in 2004 and 2005? We had Lenny Hayes then? According to you, we made the gfs because we had Hayes? Strange person.
Yep we made the grand finals because of 6 players, that makes alot of sense. Great thinking.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Came in at number 17 in the Age's 50 most powerful people. It might take 18 months but one way or another Freo will play footy the way Ross wants them to play.

I always appreciated the wins at the time but I really don't care about Ross Lyon now or Freo and I'm pretty happy I don't have to watch that boring crap.

and I know it's still early but I love Scotty Waters.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Scollop wrote:

he almost got her there twice, but apparently they were fakes.
And when that task proved too difficult he left her and hit on KD :wink:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

would have won 09 but for the rain , cats love the wet . 2010 the bounce of a ball and it could have been ours !
Lyon leaving the club has made me so happy , because his coaching style kills natural flair , that x factor that makes a good team great . He got a talented list when he started and made them good side by giving them all specific roles to fill within the bubble as he liked to call it . however eventually the air inside the bubble became poisonous and we not only choked the opposition , but we also choked ourselves .

Watters is that breath of fresh air our players needed , his personality and general demeanor seems light years ahead of lyon's . remember the amount of assistants lyon went through in his last couple of years , that couldn't have been all coincidental !
The style of football we are playing this year reminds me how we played 5 yrs ago , before we lost all our flair . if we had a maxie hudgeton down back , roo with two good legs and a fit ruck bridgade , we could go all the way .
the kids that have come into the side , have brought that natural flair back and Watters have given the players a license to take the game on whilst not losing sight of the things that need to be done defensively .
We just need consistancy !

Lyon has inherited a list at freo that was not as good as what he got at st kilda , yet he will still mould it into a good side , just a boring one to watch . they will beat the lesser teams but the good teams with few deficiency's know how to overcome this gameplan .
Like our players did the last couple of years , you become so focused on shutting down your opposition , you forget how to score yourself !
Enjoy the ride Freo !

In red white and black from 73
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

lol
in 2009 our players best wasn't good enough on the day but they got no edge from the coaching box that picked a poor team and was strategically poor on the day

In 2010... we managed a draw with 2 herculean efforts from Goddard and Hayes and we carried 6 passengers in Gardiner, McQualter, Jones, Dempster, Ray and an unfit Gram... all of which were predictable passengers as they had been from about the midseason point onwards though all of those players earned their spot on form at 1 stage or another.
People will forever drone on about how we were playing for now instead of developing though the majority of these players contributed nothing during the "now period".

His team selection was by far his weakness

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Pretty ordinary forward line at Freo...i wonder if Ross comes knocking at years end looking for a forward...
he will be shopping but not at the saints. who would he be knocking for? rooey and kosi? milney is 32. and the other guys are all new - milera/saad/wilkes/sipo so have no relationship at all with him.

i guess he could try for schneids??? he brought him from sydney. are they close? that is the only possibility. anyone know schenids contractual situation?

goddard or stanley are the only two you had not mentioned.

felix
Club Player

Ciao Ross I used to love you but you became too one dimensional for me I needed excitement in my life and now finally I have it .