SIPOSS AS SUB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

creepypolar
Club Player

SIPOSS AS SUB

He kicked a beauy of a goal! How'd he go??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: SIPOSS AS SUB

Great goal and good to get game time into him but is still a fair way off dominating a game at the moment. He's frustrating because we all have huge expectations of how good he will be but impatience gets the better of you still. At the moment just have to enjoy the highlight like that goal and know he's getting game time and learning more each game.

creepypolar
Club Player

very true. but geez that guy can kick. He also took a great mark

defacto
Club Player

hes getting better with each game he plays. i dont think you can deny that.

still has a very very very long way to go. i think we'll be suprised, most put him in as a HFF/winger. i think he's moving more towards a KPP. just seems bigger, stronger, taller than last year.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Russell Tweeddale was a good kick who didn't go on with it..

You need more than good kicking skills....

I'm hoping Siposs continues to develop but he doesn't seem to all that quick either...

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Russell Tweeddale was a good kick who didn't go on with it..

You need more than good kicking skills....

I'm hoping Siposs continues to develop but he doesn't seem to all that quick either...
There seems to be a modern folk law that says that every player has to be an elite kick but that kicking skill is reliant often on someone getting the ball to them. Geelong doesn't have heaps of elite kicks but plenty of contesters and level heads under pressure. As the game develops more along defensive lines guys who play well under pressure get more value. Gwilt is a guy who has that right level of both, if Arryn can follow his lead and get some of that composure mixed with great disposal he will be a very valuable player.

Hawks are probably a couple of really hard nut contested players short. They have a couple that go missing too often and they then lose the ability to hand off to their elite kickers.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

He's played 8 games (half of which have been as the sub).

The fact that he is contributing little flashes of good play is a good sign. The kid can play. There is no doubt at all about that in my mind. Once he gets fitter & stronger & has 50 games of experience under his belt, look out. Personally I think he'll end up playing an important role in the midfield.

Bob Murray, you are either a grumpy old sook (possibly the same bloke who sits behind me at games & whines for 2 hours) or you have some inner need to see our young blokes fail.

saintkellerm
Club Player

Okay this is my opinion, and i might get shot down (or i could juz hav a bad memory) but for me him as sub has been the best so far as in coming In and making a good impact, that goal made it a huge highlight and the mark. Took his opportunity I thought esp as Kosi was rucking, had that extra tall fwd. IMHO

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:He's played 8 games (half of which have been as the sub).

The fact that he is contributing little flashes of good play is a good sign. The kid can play. There is no doubt at all about that in my mind. Once he gets fitter & stronger & has 50 games of experience under his belt, look out. Personally I think he'll end up playing an important role in the midfield.

Bob Murray, you are either a grumpy old sook (possibly the same bloke who sits behind me at games & whines for 2 hours) or you have some inner need to see our young blokes fail.
Are you that annoying turd that sits in front of me but leans right back so that he's half in my space...I'll give you a serve then Friday Night.... :lol:

I only criticise on here..i don't say anything bad about the club or it's representatives away from this dump...I don't take this place seriously...it's meaningless... :lol:

creepypolar
Club Player

Siposs not in our best 22 as of yet but seems to be improving with every game

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:He's played 8 games (half of which have been as the sub).

Are you that annoying turd that sits in front of me but leans right back so that he's half in my space...I'll give you a serve then Friday Night.... :lol:

I only criticise on here..i don't say anything bad about the club or it's representatives away from this dump...I don't take this place seriously...it's meaningless... :lol:
Pfffft

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Is it true that Sipposs kicked 100 at full forward as a junior?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Is it true that Sipposs kicked 100 at full forward as a junior?
Close :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arryn_Siposs

"...Siposs was drafted to the Saints with the 75th selection in the 2010 AFL Draft from the Dandenong Stingrays in the TAC Cup. He was originally from Beaconsfield and played in the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League. In his under 16s year he kicked 99 goals and averaged 15 disposals and kicked 34 goals (for the Dandenong Stingrays)..."

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Pfffft
How long did it take you to come up with that

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Pfffft
Not long.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Well done, those multiple ffff's always slow me down

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Pfffft
Not long.
I don't believe that

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Not long.
I don't believe that
Well of course it would have taken a lot longer to come up with a quality post to match yours bob.

I mean stuff like "I''m a really positive bloke at the footy but I'm a sad sack on here cos this forum's so crappy" is awe inspiring.

Meaningful commentary such as that requires a lot of thought and, to be honest, probably a degree in journalism 8-)

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

A.Siposs -smart skillful ball user. He's quick where it matters most, between the ears. Its his decision making at game tempo speed that I like. Put him in the starting line up!

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!