Armitage still can't manage consistency !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Re: Armitage still can't manage consistency !

Man some supported are retarded in this forum, I swear....

Armo is a solid contributor imo, and I like his kicking so far (touch wood). His game was very good tonight. Always hard in and under.

Anyone who thinks he's not in the top 22 can go get **** as far as I'm concerned, its usually the 2 or 3 same people writing the same stupid post's/thread's...

WD armo on tonights game, keep it up.
Last edited by lefty on Sat 26 May 2012 9:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

mr six o'clock wrote:
SainterK wrote:He and Geary set the tone early I thought.

Love that.
and steven
did you know he's from lorne !
Straight down the Great Ocean Road BT via the Geelong Falcns according to BT

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Best game for the club. Was out best today IMO. Hits hard and love the way he tackles. Needs to back it up against Richmond, i reckon he will.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Super game IMO.

What impressed me was he did his usual hard and tough stuff - but importantly time and again he ran past , took the handball and carried/spread and used it well.

Was a great game.

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if Luke Hodge was watching that game this evening?

He tried to take Armo out with that knee in the back three weeks ago and hasn't played since.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I wonder if Luke Hodge was watching that game this evening?

He tried to take Armo out with that knee in the back three weeks ago and hasn't played since.

yes....had a nice touch of "Stafford" about that knee I thought and didnt get a mention once....dog act for mine.

Karma's a biatch.

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

cant believe anyone would bag armo.
the bloke is just a warrior
im very upset some negative nellys on this forum chose to attack and scare his brother off this forum.
hang ur heads in shame!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

:evil:

Isn't Hodge from Colac? That's on the way to Lorne. If you go the back way that is.

Lorne is where Jack Steven comes from. Colac is inland from Lorne and it's also where Tom Simpkin comes from.

Oh, and Steven Baker was also from  Colac, which is on the way to Lorne if you go via the Otways.

But not via the Great Ocean Road.

Now what was the question again :?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Spinner wrote:Just doesn't seem to be able to elevate to the next level...

Had a lot of time now.
Last year he did string consecutive games for the first time in all his years with us when Lenny went down....in any case, having a lot of time under a coach who is sh1t at developing young players doesn't mean sh1t for what he can deliver going forward. He's a hard working inside mid who loves to kick goals. Deserves his spot and he's going to be picked by Scotty Watters so get used to it.

Interesting. Yep it was all RLs fault has taken 5+ years.

And not sure what makes you think I need to get used to him being selected. Never said he wasn't in the best 22. Obviously you have difficulty comprehending players that are better than others in certain teams. Maybe one day you'll notice that the best teams have more of these 'elite' type players than the worse teams.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Teflon wrote:

yes....had a nice touch of "Stafford" about that knee I thought and didnt get a mention once....dog act for mine.

Karma's a biatch.
Actually I hear that Armo' was very lucky. Video review showed 'unduly rough conduct' for hitting Podge's knee with his vertebra. :shock: I think Armo was let off with a warning?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Armitage is 23, didn't judd have a brownlow by now? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ARMITAGE.... FEAR THE WRATH OF THE CRIMSON BOLT.

I remember similar s*** about monty 5 or 6 years ago, similarly about goddard.

Its a good game when goddard isn't getting 200 DT points, it means the midfield is driving the ball forward and the big fish and goddard aren't bailing us out of trouble.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
elvis lives
Club Player

damn his inconsistency! being in the best 5 players every second week just isn't good enough imhfo! from now on, every player should be in the best five every week or they get dropped.

I am marching in the Saints army
gunnsaint

Loved his game last night. What is impressing me with Armo at the moment is the run and spread from the contest. For a guy who's supposed to be an in and under player, he gets a lot of uncontested possession (and I mean that in a positive way). Watching the game live last night made me realise how much of an engine he's developed. He just doesn't stop running. He might not be quick, but it looks like he can run out an entire game.

Legendary
Club Player

Round 1 ... quiet.
Round 2 ... clearly in our best half-dozen.
Round 3 ... played very well, thought he set the tone in the first half, in the best 10 for the Saints.
Round 4 ... very hard, set the tone early again but failed to run out the game. Passable.
Round 5 ... clearly in our best half-dozen.
Round 6 ... quiet.
Round 7 ... clearly in our best half-dozen.
Round 8 ... thought he was ok personally. Courageous.
Round 9 ... clearly in our best half-dozen.

So he's played 9 matches and has been in the top 10 St Kilda players on the ground in 5 of them.

He's having a very good year.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

His development this year has been.....

.........pleasing 8-)

elizabethr
Club Player

He would be one of the first players selected every week and is truly become a Barometer of the team's form!

nothing to say
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Had a lot of time now.
Last year he did string consecutive games for the first time in all his years with us when Lenny went down....in any case, having a lot of time under a coach who is sh1t at developing young players doesn't mean sh1t for what he can deliver going forward. He's a hard working inside mid who loves to kick goals. Deserves his spot and he's going to be picked by Scotty Watters so get used to it.

And not sure what makes you think I need to get used to him being selected. Never said he wasn't in the best 22. Obviously you have difficulty comprehending players that are better than others in certain teams. Maybe one day you'll notice that the best teams have more of these 'elite' type players than the worse teams.
You said; "Had a lot of time now." What do you mean by that? If it was up to you, would you have gotten rid of him at the end of last year...or would you have cut him at the end of 2010. Armo wasn't given an opportunity in finals...Eddy and Peake and Mini and a few others were. If dickexcoach had faith or any conviction in developing Armo and Stanley and JackJack, he might have actually wanted to see how they'd go in a crunch game and therefor maybe plan to surprise our opposition and play them in the final series when Saints were a contender.

I reckon if Lyon had any faith or any conviction in developing youngsters he wouldn't have repeatedly brought in recycled rejects from other clubs. The evidence is there. What else do you need to see that Lyon was sh1t at developing young players? The dickexcoach wanted Polo and Gamble to come into the line-up, where as SW drafted a swag of 18 year olds. Not only did we draft them last year but SW also gave a guy like Newnes a string of games to give the kid a taste? If Newnes bulks up and builds his fitness, our current coach reckons he could be elite. I never heard Lyon talk like that about any of the young blokes in prior years...did you?

Would dickexcoach have played young guys in key positions? Imo, Wilkes was drafted as a replacement for the fullback position, but there is a kid who wants that role and the coach believed in him. Is Simpkin elite? Did you see dickexcoach give Simpkin the opportunities that our current coach is giving him? Is Crippa elite? Is Sipposs elite? Is Rhys Stanley elite? Is Saad and Millera elite? Why are they getting consecutive games under SW? It took Farren a string of outstanding performances at Sandy before SW would bring him back in. SW does have a choice to play Polo and Peake, but the younger guys are getting games because I reckon they'll be more influential in finals games than the likes of Polo and Peake.

And...wtf do you mean by worse teams...there you go again with your negative sh1t!! Who has more elite players - us or Carlton? We've shown that we can match it with Hawks and Eagles for 3 quarters out of 4 and I'm sure that our coaches and players learnt a fair bit from those losses. The worse teams are going to be the teams that Saints beat to go deep into September...we have the cattle and we have the coach. GO SAINTS

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

New Armo article from the club website :)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

"WITH a break out game and career high 29 disposals on the weekend, young Saints midfielder David Armitage believes that consistency is all that stands between him and his ability to make a significant impact in the competition.

Coach Scott Watters praised him post match, but added that of the nine games played this season so far, the 23 year old has been excellent in five of them and now needs to look at consistency.

“I’m starting to play some okay footy but now it’s about consistency and trying to back it up every week,” Armitage told saints.com.au this week.

“I suppose it’s about not changing too much from week to week. So when I do play a good game, trying to remember how I did it and just keep coming back to what I have to do.”

Along with Armitage’s individual consistency hurdles, the team as a whole is looking for some consecutive wins now coming off five wins and four losses......"

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

He has developed into an almost B-grader and I for one am happy with that.

A player that is an in-and-under type is rarely an A-grader so we have done well from this although he has taken a while to come on.

He is a best 22 player and should be for a long time to come.

Plus I got drunk with him the night he was drafted so I feel like I know Armitage despite barely remembering the evening.

I am cool.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:Spinner Said:
Just doesn't seem to be able to elevate to the next level...

Had a lot of time now.

Scallop said

You said; "Had a lot of time now." What do you mean by that? If it was up to you, would you have gotten rid of him at the end of last year...or would you have cut him at the end of 2010. Armo wasn't given an opportunity in finals...Eddy and Peake and Mini and a few others were. If dickexcoach had faith or any conviction in developing Armo and Stanley and JackJack, he might have actually wanted to see how they'd go in a crunch game and therefor maybe plan to surprise our opposition and play them in the final series when Saints were a contender.

I reckon if Lyon had any faith or any conviction in developing youngsters he wouldn't have repeatedly brought in recycled rejects from other clubs. The evidence is there. What else do you need to see that Lyon was sh1t at developing young players? The dickexcoach wanted Polo and Gamble to come into the line-up, where as SW drafted a swag of 18 year olds. Not only did we draft them last year but SW also gave a guy like Newnes a string of games to give the kid a taste? If Newnes bulks up and builds his fitness, our current coach reckons he could be elite. I never heard Lyon talk like that about any of the young blokes in prior years...did you?

Would dickexcoach have played young guys in key positions? Imo, Wilkes was drafted as a replacement for the fullback position, but there is a kid who wants that role and the coach believed in him. Is Simpkin elite? Did you see dickexcoach give Simpkin the opportunities that our current coach is giving him? Is Crippa elite? Is Sipposs elite? Is Rhys Stanley elite? Is Saad and Millera elite? Why are they getting consecutive games under SW? It took Farren a string of outstanding performances at Sandy before SW would bring him back in. SW does have a choice to play Polo and Peake, but the younger guys are getting games because I reckon they'll be more influential in finals games than the likes of Polo and Peake.

And...wtf do you mean by worse teams...there you go again with your negative sh1t!! Who has more elite players - us or Carlton? We've shown that we can match it with Hawks and Eagles for 3 quarters out of 4 and I'm sure that our coaches and players learnt a fair bit from those losses. The worse teams are going to be the teams that Saints beat to go deep into September...we have the cattle and we have the coach. GO SAINTS

Haha you're a moron. Best of luck with that.
Last edited by Spinner on Wed 30 May 2012 6:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Winners Only on the money, and Watters and Armo agree....Needs to find consistency. I think this year he's improved though. However he has the talent to become a top line midfielder not just a second string mid like he is at the moment. Still young, it's all ahead of him. I'm extremely happy with his progress so far.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Big fan of Armo, and Im glad to see him doing well... I think his year has been very very good, with only 1 really poor game.. The rest servicable, to very good, and a bog in one or 2..

Im not sure if its just a coincidence, but I seem to notice him playing better at Etihad under the roof than in the open elements.. Seeing as his a hard at it, tough mid, I'd guess he'd be suited to the outdoor grounds, but Etihad seems to bring out his best..

elizabethr
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Had a lot of time now.

Gee whiz that sounds like begrudging respect!
Who would have thought such a spinner could meet with reality. :oops:

nothing to say
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Big fan of Armo, and Im glad to see him doing well... I think his year has been very very good, with only 1 really poor game.. The rest servicable, to very good, and a bog in one or 2..

Im not sure if its just a coincidence, but I seem to notice him playing better at Etihad under the roof than in the open elements.. Seeing as his a hard at it, tough mid, I'd guess he'd be suited to the outdoor grounds, but Etihad seems to bring out his best..
Speed probably isn't his best attribute, so bigger grounds would show this up more.
I'm rapt that he stayed with us & is playing well.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

We can concentrate on where he was taken in the Draft, or how many years he's been in the system.

However I prefer to see a still young man who's played some great games so far this season. And, more importantly, one who's progress is still charting in the upward direction.

And a player who appears to certain to play a very significant role in a rejuvenated Saints outfit under Scott Watters.

Going well Dave  :)