Ledger shafted again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ledger shafted again!

Not even an emergency.

What has he done so wrong to be behind Wilkes as an emergency?

Something stinks IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ledger shafted again!

size and player type................

why the hype over ledger

saint4life
FQF
SS Life Member

Get over it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Why the suggestions that he is on the outer? Does anyone know for sure? To quote Pauline Pantsdown, "Please explain!"

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Not even an emergency.

Something stinks IMO.
Is he any good

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Something stinks IMO.
You wait for the same old smartar$ replies. I've already read "get over it".

Give us some facts. He was picked for round 1 and 2 FFS, and has averaged 25 possies ar Sandy ever since.

Less Bull$hit more substance please.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:

Something stinks IMO.

Give us some facts. He was picked for round 1 and 2 FFS, and has averaged 25 possies ar Sandy ever since.

You don't want much do you

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
Megsie
Club Player

team balance. Perhaps we should play 30 players to satisfy all members.

To the top
SS Life Member

Exactly.

Why the hype over Ledger?

Based on our second half performance against West Coast when our midfielders got us back into the game by a fierce attack on the ball and the player who do you drop?

Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna Steven, Jones, Armitage?

They were all central to making us more than competative after an abysmal first half in which West Coast were practising circle work with virtually no opposition because we had too many who were not up to standard. Every time West Coast went forward they had their forwards with no opponents and they just scored far, far too easily because our defenders were 20 metres off them and unable or unwilling to pressure and make a contest.

Or one Cripps (who has played 7 of the 9 games and is showing enough hence being selected), Milne, Saad or Milera?

Our glaring deficiencies are in defence and in the ruck.

Ledger can not play as a tall defender, a running defender or as a ruckman.

So who is he competing with and therefore biding his time?

What I would suggest is that Milne needs to start performing consistently (1 productive game out of 8 so far) or we may see Ledger as a small forward contesting and locking the ball in.

So by promoting Ledger's credentials is this the ultimate step - to replace a 32 year old whose performances are waning?

It is the nature of sport - and life!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Something stinks IMO.

Not at all. Just reward for effort and performance.

Or

An explanation as to why he can't even crack it as an emergency.

Simple really.

Seriously you have issues mate. Get over Milne. He is still ahead of about 8 others. Ledger aint replacing him. He is a mid. I dont get how you watch Milne through one eye and it must be a frggin bad eye.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Not at all. Just reward for effort and performance.

Or

An explanation as to why he can't even crack it as an emergency.

Simple really.

Who is he replacing firstly and secondly please tell us you are joking that supporters need an explanation over a 2 game player not getting a game.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why the fork isn't Ledger playing!!!

Bring back Heath.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing that Tommy Ledger has some deficiencies that need to be addressed before he is selected. Things like; building a BIGGER tank, building confidence in his body etc. The one thing that I am sure about is that the coaches, fitness staff & medicos would know a whole lot more about the situation than anyone on here. I have faith in those running the club. Ledger will be selected if/when the powers believe he warrants selection !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'm guessing that Tommy Ledger has some deficiencies that need to be addressed before he is selected. Things like; building a BIGGER tank, building confidence in his body etc. The one thing that I am sure about is that the coaches, fitness staff & medicos would know a whole lot more about the situation than anyone on here. I have faith in those running the club. Ledger will be selected if/when the powers believe he warrants selection !!

No we dont want logic we want to whinge as to why he isnt playing even if we havent seen him play this year or we arent sure who he actually replaces.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:I'm guessing that Tommy Ledger has some deficiencies that need to be addressed before he is selected. Things like; building a BIGGER tank, building confidence in his body etc. The one thing that I am sure about is that the coaches, fitness staff & medicos would know a whole lot more about the situation than anyone on here. I have faith in those running the club. Ledger will be selected if/when the powers believe he warrants selection !!

No we dont want logic we want to whinge as to why he isnt playing even if we havent seen him play this year or we arent sure who he actually replaces.
SORRY. My bad !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

All I know is Ledger has been consistently in Sandy's best players and still isn't considered in the best 25 for St Kilda. Weird.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'm guessing that Tommy Ledger has some deficiencies........
Who doesn't?

Austinnn
Club Player

To the top wrote:What I would suggest is that Milne needs to start performing consistently (1 productive game out of 8 so far) or we may see Ledger as a small forward contesting and locking the ball in.

So by promoting Ledger's credentials is this the ultimate step - to replace a 32 year old whose performances are waning?

It is the nature of sport - and life!
I don't think that Ledger will be taking Milne's spot. I think we all understand your point about Milne by now. You may have to concede that not many of us think that he's bad enough to warrant being dropped, but if you keep going and he keeps putting in performances like last week, maybe you'll get what you want. But Ledger won't be taking his spot, it'll go to Schnieder or Saad or Milera.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
To the top
SS Life Member

Milne is a downhill skier P99.

My opinion, always has been and I am sticking to it because I see no evidence to the contary.

He skirts with his hand in the air, attempts to play as a tall forward who can outmark his opponent (and all sides have woken up and now put bigger bodied players on him (Harry "let me have a run" from Collingwood and who else has been best on ground as his opponent?) which also negates him from leading his opponent under the ball and then dropping back behind them looking for the cheap kick), occasionally but very occasionally leads (once last Saturday), is not a crumbing/front and centre/lock in forward, has very average ball use skills except for when in range of goal (where his skills are diminishing with now frequent misses) and applies very limited defensive pressure including because he lacks pace.

The upshot is that he kicks his goals running in space (and around corners) not by contesting. Relies exclusively on being the beneficiary.

Plus he is in the upper echelon of "Frees against" across the league including because he does not give off - hence all the "holding the ball" decisions - and a free disposal in defence these days (even from a point) is an invitation to score at the other end and particularly when you can put absolutely no chase pressure on.

So pick the eyes out of that!

And, he is now 32 years of age - and hardly a Hayes.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

He will get his chance at some stage
Unfortunately at this time we need tall players . if he was 190 cm and not 178 cm , he would probably get a game

In red white and black from 73
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Who is he replacing firstly and secondly please tell us you are joking that supporters need an explanation over a 2 game player not getting a game.
No I'm not joking oh mighty one. Simple question about Ledger in most posts I have contributed. Why are at least 4 others getting an opportunity in front of him. Still waiting for a half reasonable response. Still reading the same dribble, Cripps. Silly question.

Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Eastern wrote:I'm guessing that Tommy Ledger has some deficiencies........
Who doesn't?
plugger66 !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Milne is a downhill skier P99.

My opinion, always has been and I am sticking to it because I see no evidence to the contary.

He skirts with his hand in the air, attempts to play as a tall forward who can outmark his opponent (and all sides have woken up and now put bigger bodied players on him (Harry "let me have a run" from Collingwood and who else has been best on ground as his opponent?) which also negates him from leading his opponent under the ball and then dropping back behind them looking for the cheap kick), occasionally but very occasionally leads (once last Saturday), is not a crumbing/front and centre/lock in forward, has very average ball use skills except for when in range of goal (where his skills are diminishing with now frequent misses) and applies very limited defensive pressure including because he lacks pace.

The upshot is that he kicks his goals running in space (and around corners) not by contesting. Relies exclusively on being the beneficiary.

Plus he is in the upper echelon of "Frees against" across the league including because he does not give off - hence all the "holding the ball" decisions - and a free disposal in defence these days (even from a point) is an invitation to score at the other end and particularly when you can put absolutely no chase pressure on.

So pick the eyes out of that!

And, he is now 32 years of age - and hardly a Hayes.

They are just words and your silly opinion. Anyone can have an opinion but when it is uninformed like your then we cant take you seriously. He has played 250 games under 4 coaches and has been dropped probably 3 times in his career. Unless you think we have dumb coaches in that time then you are wrong from the start. He has kicked 500 goals at 2 goals a game. You whinge about that but Rooy and Brown are about the same. Hard to be a consistant goal kicked in todays footy be he does it. He was AA last year. A full 8 games ago.

Look I cant take you seriously when you thought Cahill should play ahead of him and Johnson should be FB even though he played his last 2 seasons with us as a forward.

Austinnn
Club Player

To the top wrote:where his skills are diminishing with now frequent misses... and applies very limited defensive pressure...
I don't agree.

Bottom line is that he still kicks goals. He's always kicked a few behinds. He hasn't had a great year, but neither has Montagna, BJ, DalSanto or even the captain. I think his defensive pressure, while not constant, goes unnoticed, I've seem a few crucial smothers and tackles from him in 2012.

I'd still back him to jump out of the box and do real damage to the opposition. At the very least he occupies their best small forward.

As for Ledger, he hasn't been selected because Hayes, Steven and Armitage are ahead of him. You need structure to build a team, you need specific roles. The role he plays is currently filled; we all hope that he uses this time in the VFL as an apprenticeship and when a spot comes up, he will be all the more ready to fill it. Reasonable enough, 8856?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone