Final Update- Milney comments Hawthorn game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Final Update- Milney comments Hawthorn game

Before we all start taking the cynical tone about the response of the AFL & Hawthorn, I have to say they both recognise the abuse is a problem and we have to stick within the guidelines of appropriate behaviour, call security, take photos or videos without provoking these people and send it off to the Hawthorn FC so the can properly identify them.

from Hawthorn-

Firstly, I apologise for the lack of response to your initial emails. As discussed over the phone, I’ve investigated this matter with the person who oversees our main club email hawthorn@hawthornfc.com.au. Unfortunately there is no record of receiving your email, so I’ll have to make further enquiries as to how this email returned a read-receipt. We have a strict policy of returning all emails within a 24 hour period where possible – I suspect an element of human error here so I do apologise.

As for your experience at the St Kilda game, the behaviour you describe is completely unacceptable at any AFL game let alone Hawthorn matches. We always recommend that fans approach the security and police services available at the MCG to assist before matters such as this get out of hand. Your reaction as stated in your email was exactly that and we applaud you for your actions. We also thank-you for contacting us about this matter in order to monitor these types of behaviours should there be re-occurrences at our games.

We do not take these matters lightly and would encourage you to again report these behaviours if you get the opportunity. Please be aware that I’ve also had contact from the AFL in regards to this specific incident, and I can assure you that our expectations of fans attending AFL matches are of a similar nature.

In regards to the specific incident, I’m not fully aware of the group you made mention of, however I’ve heard of their existence. I’m in regular contact with people at the MCC regarding operations, therefore I’ll make mention of this incident, in order for officials to become aware of their potential behaviours. Now that we know they congregate around M10, this will be far easier to monitor. We have the power to suspend or cancel any memberships that patrons may hold, and we will enforce this policy if we need to.

from the AFL

Thank you for taking the time to write to the AFL expressing your concern and disappointment regarding the behaviour of a number of Hawthorn supporters at a recent St Kilda verses Hawthorn match at the MCG on the 6 May 2012.

I would like to advise you that I have made a number of enquiries in an attempt to identify the persons mentioned in your correspondence. Unfortunately, due to the area in which the Hawthorn supporters were standing, I have been unable to identify those individuals concerned. I have been in contact with the Hawthorn Football Club and have informed them of your concerns.

The AFL is committed to ensuring that Australian Football is a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all and as such, we are disappointed that you were exposed to such disrespectful behaviours. Although we encourage all supporters to show their commitment and passion for the game, we do so with an expectation that people are respectful to, and of, other people.

Yes it's a bit more of a standard response but it will be up to all of us to keep up the pressure for action if it happens again. Plus I then emailed Jeremy where these people can be found at Etihad around Aisle 37 for future reference

Megsie
Club Player

Re: Final Update- Milney comments Hawthorn game

CONGRATULATIONS. You did a great job. Hope they are sincere about ridding the games
of this "TRASH" element.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Onya Trace. You rock!

(And so does Mrs Seaford Saint... and Mr Seaford Saint!)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Good job

You really have to laugh though at not being able to indentify this group . I have 2 friends , 1 a richmond supporter and 1 a carlton supporter , who during football discussions have talked of these clowns , so hawthorn would have a fair idea of who they are .
But of course these days without good video evidence , people get away with murder .
No one at any club though likes to scratch to deep , they wont like want they find !

In red white and black from 73