Undisciplined play driving me nuts!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Undisciplined play driving me nuts!

Kosi and then Milne. Two of our most experienced players CONSTANTLY giving away 50m penalties up fwd or giving away silly free kicks. All it does is release the pressure on the opposition. Ppl notice it more when the opposition get a shot on goal - but giving up 50m anywhere on the ground is a cardinal sin. I thought this had been addressed last week, and was rapt to hear Watters say that it had been made a focus.

Costs us massively every week I reckon. Haven't seen the stats but we would have to be one of the worst offending sides for 50m penalties.

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

Re: Undisciplined play driving me nuts!

I posted the same comments as above a few weeks ago. Everyone wanted to blame the umpires. The umpires are not scott free but neither are the saints.

C'mon boys no more giving away 50mts as its to harsh in the modern game and just cause you didn't get an obvious free kick there is no need to then give one away to the opposition.

Jason

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

You did make that point last week SJ3V but you waffled on and everyone missed the point! Haha! What annoyed me about yesterday was how many times Dean Cox got a free kick for someone holding onto him! Some of the frees Wilkes gave away drove me nuts too! We just need to be better than that! It's too costly!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SuperSaint66
Club Player

Moods wrote:Kosi and then Milne. Two of our most experienced players CONSTANTLY giving away 50m penalties up fwd or giving away silly free kicks. All it does is release the pressure on the opposition. Ppl notice it more when the opposition get a shot on goal - but giving up 50m anywhere on the ground is a cardinal sin. I thought this had been addressed last week, and was rapt to hear Watters say that it had been made a focus.

Costs us massively every week I reckon. Haven't seen the stats but we would have to be one of the worst offending sides for 50m penalties.
Couldn't agree more!!!