What is an acceptable win against West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snowdelisaint
Club Player

What is an acceptable win against West Coast

I'd settle for one point or more. Waste of a thread but that's the fashion right now

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What is an acceptable win against West Coast

"I like it, I like it a lot"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

One point is OK.

If Nic Nat plays, they will probably win. If he doesnt it's 50/50.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
felix
Club Player

West coast are vulnerable right now (their depth has to be at its limit ) and we go ok at subi , game on .

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I hope that the Coaching panel watched how Essendon took hold of them last week - a few lessons there, I would think.

A win is a win - by any amount.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's completely winnable.

WC form has been flattered by opponents.

Injuries starting to catch up.

Win.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Its a very winable game. As has been said they are a bit ounded right now and we usually go pretty well at Subi.

With the pace and skill we showed last night I am quietly confidant we can roll them

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
stevie
Saintsational Legend

If we don't win by 6 or 7 goals, I'm gonna be disappointed... :D

But seriously...28 points will suffice

We have a great record at Subi the last 5 years

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

A goal or more would be good , especially as they are likely to easily win the free kick count !

In red white and black from 73
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:One point is OK.

we have beaten them with nic nat.

they're not unbeatable at all. bombers have shown the afl that now. All we have to do is come and play like we did last night and we can win. presure and attack, win the contested ball.... we can beat them over there. 24 point to the Saints for me! 8-)

GO SAINTS!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Reckon West Coast have a deeper midfield than Carlton and Carlton were off their game last night, so we'll have to improve again next week to win it I reckon, especially since we have just a six day break and they have 8.

Glad to hear we're going over early, on Friday, though, so instead of the short week being a negative, maybe we'll spend a day at the beach or something, to try and freshen up and give it more of a feel of a holiday to a warmer, sunnier place, if only for just a day, rather than a quick "business trip".

Agree that it's very winnable, especially if we bring the ferocious attack on the man and ball that we had last night.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Over there, any win is acceptable.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:One point is OK.

f*** nic nat and his floating around taking the odd speckie. Run through him at the first contest

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Reckon West Coast have a deeper midfield than Carlton and Carlton were off their game last night, so we'll have to improve again next week to win it I reckon, especially since we have just a six day break and they have 8.
Don't agree at all. Scum midfield is on par to better then wegals. The SCUM where not off their game last night, they we're in it, our game plan, presure and attack kept them at bay.. this is defeatist rubbish BT was spewing... We beat the scum hands down, not that they played crap so we won. man what game did you watch last night? the scum tried to lift a few times only to be met and beaten in pressure by the saints! Ratten was dazed and confused had no idea what to do.

GET behind the SAINTS!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Please get the f*** off your high horse. I was f****** behind us and yelled myself horse at the game last night, supporting the team, like every week. Not just watching it on the TV and thinking I know everything. You act like a real hero on the other side of the world taking pot shots at us here for simply giving our opinions. Really brave behind your computer. Do you talk like that man to man with someone you meet on the street, or in general life that you don't agree with? I bet you don't have the guts to do that.

I was talking about WC's midfield DEPTH, as they seem to have more of that than Carlton at the moment and having seen Carlton at times this year, including smashing Collingwood, I have no doubt they were off their tucker a bit last night. We were great, but they were definitely not fully switched on and apparently haven't been for the past couple of weeks.

Yet we still only won by about 3 goals. If you think that is going to be enough to beat WC in Perth, when they've had an 8 day break and we have to travel and have just 6, then I reckon you're kidding yourself. I'm not saying we have to play heaps better and WC may also not play their best next week, but i reckon we'll have to step it up another notch again to win over there. They will also be smarting over their loss this weekend and will want to atone.

If you don't agree, I don't give a flying f*** and I sure as s*** won't be doing what you tell me to, just because you tell me to. You've got to be kidding!

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

sorry mate your one of the doubters so expect to get called out.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm not your mate. If you want to be having a crack at someone, how about doing it face to face, man to man, not gutlessly sitting behind your computer. If you don't talk this way to those you meet face to face, they you are seriously gutless and sad.

And by the way, I had high hopes for us against Carlton, as I do every week and have stuck with the side through the thick and thin for 22 years, including buying a membership and going each week in seasons where we were expected to finish at or near the bottom of the ladder. Not that that's any of your business.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 15 May 2012 1:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'm not your mate. If you want to be having a crack at someone, how about doing it face to face, man to man, not gutlessly sitting behind your computer. If you don't talk this way to those you meet face to face, they you are seriously gutless and sad.
hahahahaha

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'll take that as a "no, I'm way too gutless to speak to anyone I meet face to face like I do on here".

And by the way, I had high hopes for us against Carlton, as I do every week and have stuck with the side through the thick and thin for 22 years, including buying a membership and going each week in seasons where we were expected to finish at or near the bottom of the ladder. Not that that's any of your business.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'll take that as a "no, I'm way too gutless to speak to anyone I meet face to face like that".

i am not into man proving on the net. I am more then happy to let someone know when they have pissed me off.

i don't agree that Carlton had an off night, they were beaten. I have supported this club since I was 7 (31 now) so thick and thin I also know all about it. I am allowed to disagree with your comment as it was wrong IMO.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
snowdelisaint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:If Nic Nat plays, they will probably win. If he doesnt it's 50/50.
At least the Dr got the joke.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

OP - don't worry be happy.
We'll flog the cheats!
We are a lot less predictable than we were last year - plus I reckon the dry paddock of Subi suits our game style. Especially now that we have pace in the forward line.
Wish I could go actually.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Please get the f*** off your high horse. I was f****** behind us and yelled myself horse at the game last night, supporting the team, like every week. Not just watching it on the TV and thinking I know everything. You act like a real hero on the other side of the world taking pot shots at us here for simply giving our opinions. Really brave behind your computer. Do you talk like that man to man with someone you meet on the street, or in general life that you don't agree with? I bet you don't have the guts to do that.

I was talking about WC's midfield DEPTH, as they seem to have more of that than Carlton at the moment and having seen Carlton at times this year, including smashing Collingwood, I have no doubt they were off their tucker a bit last night. We were great, but they were definitely not fully switched on and apparently haven't been for the past couple of weeks.

Yet we still only won by about 3 goals. If you think that is going to be enough to beat WC in Perth, when they've had an 8 day break and we have to travel and have just 6, then I reckon you're kidding yourself. I'm not saying we have to play heaps better and WC may also not play their best next week, but i reckon we'll have to step it up another notch again to win over there. They will also be smarting over their loss this weekend and will want to atone.

If you don't agree, I don't give a flying f*** and I sure as s*** won't be doing what you tell me to, just because you tell me to. You've got to be kidding!
Come on guys - we're all Sainters! We all follow the red, white and black. We've all suffered the same taunts when we're struggling. We even cop taunts when we're up and about about our lack of premiership success. Let's show a united front - after all, we're not Richmond supporters :lol:

As an older barracker I find all this flaming over the internet difficult to fathom - especially when we all barrack for the Mighties.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Oh I'd love to get along to this game next Sunday. I've never been to Perth. If we turn up and produce anything like Monday nights performance, I expect we'll tear em a new arsehole. I just wonder if Monday night's performance can be replicated. A real test for the team & coaching department handling the travel with the short break etc.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!