The Umpires can get stuffed!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The Umpires can get stuffed!

Great win which just makes me madder thinking about the Port and Freo games. Both games taken away by blatant bias and incorrect umpiring decisions. We should be 6-1 going into a Perth trip ( thanks AFL fir the short week) So umpires you can get stuffed.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Umpires can get stuffed!

Listen idiot the umps didn't cost us those games. If we were good enough we would've won them. Simple.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Listen idiot the umps didn't cost us those games. If we were good enough we would've won them. Simple.
Idiot? Tough guy behind a computer. Both games we where destroyed by poor umpiring.

patto
Club Player

Saintspremiers calling other posters an idiot after the negative shite you've posted prior our win tonight? F*** off you disgrace.

battye
Saintsational Legend

In all fairness to the umpiring, I think we had the fair share of the marginal calls tonight.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:In all fairness to the umpiring, I think we had the fair share of the marginal calls tonight.
Did you go for a leak when Armitage had the mark taken off him? Another break when Milera got pinned for holding the ball. Both cost us goals. Both incorrect calls.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:
battye wrote:In all fairness to the umpiring, I think we had the fair share of the marginal calls tonight.
Did you go for a leak when Armitage had the mark taken off him? Another break when Milera got pinned for holding the ball. Both cost us goals. Both incorrect calls.
For the first time this year we had the better of the 50/50s. There was however a five minute period where the umpires lost control of the game at the end of the third. Starting with the momentum changing deliberate decision and ending with that holding it decision vs Milera. Cant complain overall tonight things finally went out way.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
CURLY wrote:
For the first time this year we had the better of the 50/50s. There was however a five minute period where the umpires lost control of the game at the end of the third. Starting with the momentum changing deliberate decision and ending with that holding it decision vs Milera. Cant complain overall tonight things finally went out way.
Yeah that was what I meant. There were a few obvious errors (happens to every team), but I was talking about those ones that can go either way that have normally gone the other way this season.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saints66
Club Player

You are dead right Curly. I remember a game in 1961, when we played Hawthorn and we were crucified that day as well. I believe that caused a premership that year.

By the way, how is Moe and Larry?
CURLY wrote:Great win which just makes me madder thinking about the Port and Freo games. Both games taken away by blatant bias and incorrect umpiring decisions. We should be 6-1 going into a Perth trip ( thanks AFL fir the short week) So umpires you can get stuffed.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Did you go for a leak when Armitage had the mark taken off him? Another break when Milera got pinned for holding the ball. Both cost us goals. Both incorrect calls.
are you serious?

we got a lot of dubious ones tonight. had the better of the umpiring by far. partly it was because we went in harder and partly we just got lucky. but complaining about two calls when we had about fifteen go our way is just stupid.

by the way, where are all the people who are certain the afl has a conspiracy against st kilda?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:Did you go for a leak when Armitage had the mark taken off him? Another break when Milera got pinned for holding the ball. Both cost us goals. Both incorrect calls.
are you serious?

we got a lot of dubious ones tonight. had the better of the umpiring by far. partly it was because we went in harder and partly we just got lucky. but complaining about two calls when we had about fifteen go our way is just stupid.

by the way, where are all the people who are certain the afl has a conspiracy against st kilda?

They are out the back with all those who said Milney was gone and why isnt Ledger playing.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:by the way, where are all the people who are certain the afl has a conspiracy against st kilda?
They are out the back with all those who said Milney was gone and why isnt Ledger playing.
oh yeah, with those guys who said that tommy walsh was the new messiah.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

patto wrote:Saintspremiers calling other posters an idiot after the negative shite you've posted prior our win tonight? F*** off you disgrace.

agree !!!

saintspremiers : out with negativity
in with positivity

In red white and black from 73
Superboot
SS Life Member

Overall, no complaints about the umpiring. In fact we got a few frees where I had no idea what they were for.

But the deliberate out of bounds!! Absolutely bizarre.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
are you serious?

LOL please we got some 50/50 decisions as you would expect as they are 50/50. But Armo's mark , Mileras holding the ball and Jones deliberate where 90/10 yet they went with the 10%.

SaintlySaint85
Club Player

pull your head in peanut.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote:Great win which just makes me madder thinking about the Port and Freo games. Both games taken away by blatant bias and incorrect umpiring decisions. We should be 6-1 going into a Perth trip ( thanks AFL fir the short week) So umpires you can get stuffed.
add the hawks game to that list.... easy 2 goals at mayjor points shifted it to their favour.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
add the hawks game to that list.... easy 2 goals at mayjor points shifted it to their favour.

Yep, I can cop the missed 50/50 calls but we have been on the wrong end of so many blatant mistakes its sickening. Last week against the Hawkes they where gifted a five goal advantage by blatant mistakes.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Yep, I can cop the missed 50/50 calls but we have been on the wrong end of so many blatant mistakes its sickening. Last week against the Hawkes they where gifted a five goal advantage by blatant mistakes.
were you paying attention at the end of the first quarter last night? ray's goal came from two dubious frees in a row, one against jamison for something (?) and then the holding against tuohy (i think) to ray. didn't look like there was anything in either of them. "blatant mistakes" which went in our favour.

is it possible there's "blatant mistakes" in both directions every game? why do you only remember the ones that went against us?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Listen idiot the umps didn't cost us those games. If we were good enough we would've won them. Simple.

sorry...but i'm with curley 100% on this one......maggots cheated....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
are you serious?

it's bloody fairly obvious to me...we were 6 to 1 coming into 4s at the best tonight.....the umpires wouldn't have had their hard earned on the scumbags..... :mrgreen: :roll: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:Yep, I can cop the missed 50/50 calls but we have been on the wrong end of so many blatant mistakes its sickening. Last week against the Hawkes they where gifted a five goal advantage by blatant mistakes.
were you paying attention at the end of the first quarter last night? ray's goal came from two dubious frees in a row, one against jamison for something (?) and then the holding against tuohy (i think) to ray. didn't look like there was anything in either of them. "blatant mistakes" which went in our favour.

is it possible there's "blatant mistakes" in both directions every game? why do you only remember the ones that went against us?

Jamison gave a way a free for cheap whack into Wilkes guts after the ball went out soft but there paid weekly. Then Ray was clearly held again soft but no doubt he was held. The frees against Milera, Armitage and Jones where just blatantly bad decisions and where mistakes. No rational for it.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

True, just as we did against the Bulldogs. But in those two very close losses, we had crucial bad decisions go against us at vital stages and they could genuinely have made the difference in awfully close games.

We cost ourselves chances to win both games comfortably, but the umpiring cost us the wins, IMO, but that's life. We just need to do all we can as well as we can and not let the games that it goes against us cost us the points.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Maklom
Club Player

Agree with Round 1 this year, the umpiring in that game was a disgrace and unfortunately the difference in a game that we should have won but we never get a good run with the umps over there against Port anyway.

We did get a good run last night though as the umps picked up most free kicks if they were they, however the deliberate out of bounds was a shocker and Milney getting pinged for 50 metres when they carlton player (Heath Scotland?) was moving towards him was no good either!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Milne 50 was just bad luck. He was following a Carlton player who was being interchanged and he turned back to pick up someone else and found himself standing near Scotland. Which is a long way from Melbourne.

The Jones deliberate, I think the umpire just didn't know how bad a right foot he has and he was trying to kick a left foot banana.

I thought they missed an obvious one when Riewoldt went up 15 metres out in front and Gibbs just jumped into him from the front without looking at the ball.

And of course they were never going to pay 50m against Judd when Armitage was given a free in the centre and Judd followed him 5m over the mark holding his arm.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"