Spin the Dice: Make Ledger sub

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Spin the Dice: Make Ledger sub

Heath is playing for Sandy. 16 possies in half a game!!!

He should be in the Saints team IMO.

If his third term is good, rest him for the whole of the last term and swing a late change and make him sub.

Worth a shot. Time he stops being shafted by Watters IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Spin the Dice: Make Ledger sub

Far out.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think the offensive danger of Dean Polo makes him an ideal sub.... His possessions are priceless (in comedy terms)

Ledger would only come on and give leg speed, ball carry and clearance speed..... How could that be of benefit

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think the offensive danger of Dean Polo makes him an ideal sub.... His possessions are priceless (in comedy terms)

Ledger would only come on and give leg speed, ball carry and clearance speed..... How could that be of benefit

How is he going today and do you think 2 games in 2 days is ideal. And when are you applying to coach?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:I think the offensive danger of Dean Polo makes him an ideal sub.... His possessions are priceless (in comedy terms)

How is he going today and do you think 2 games in 2 days is ideal. And when are you applying to coach?
Maybe just one game this weekend would have been better Plunger. With the Saints though. On track for another close to 30 odd possies. His attitude must suck. Seriously.

Seems that i take potshot at posters, so i will say this nice.

Dont like the idea one bit. Cant have a player playing 2 games in 2 days. Might get an injury in the first quarter and bring him in. Would be a terrible mistake. Also im sure even with 3 quarters under his belt, he would still feel the effects tomorrow.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I know that during the pre-season Tommy thought that he didn't quite have the tank for AFL just yet. Maybe, just maybe the club have had him doing a lot of endurance training in the knowledge that he wouldn't be considered for senior selection until he reached the required level of endurance. Perhaps Tommy and the club are taking a longer term view !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't be legal anyway surely?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I know that during the pre-season Tommy thought that he didn't quite have the tank for AFL just yet. Maybe, just maybe the club have had him doing a lot of endurance training in the knowledge that he wouldn't be considered for senior selection until he reached the required level of endurance. Perhaps Tommy and the club are taking a longer term view !!
Why was he picked for round 1 & 2 then?

By the way, the doggies sub today played yesterday.

David Hale played two in two days a couple of years ago.... But NO that is not ideal and not gonna happen

Team Tommy
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Seems that i take potshot at posters, so i will say this nice.

Dont like the idea one bit. Cant have a player playing 2 games in 2 days. Might get an injury in the first quarter and bring him in. Would be a terrible mistake. Also im sure even with 3 quarters under his belt, he would still feel the effects tomorrow.
I believe the doggies sub played yesterday as well.

manoffewwords
Club Player

he aint getting a game til he puts in a training, stops stuffing around in drills takes things a little more seriously.

mofw

Say something once why say it again?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Maybe just one game this weekend would have been better Plunger. With the Saints though. On track for another close to 30 odd possies. His attitude must suck. Seriously.
Been assured it has nothing to do with his attitude. I know a few on here see him play but most on here dont. Just for interests sake how many games have you seen Tommy Walsh, sorry Ledger play? Sorry but this guy isnt the messiah this year. Doesnt mean he wont be but the love is a little strange IMO.

manoffewwords
Club Player

I agree with your take plugger however I spent some time with two players recently and when I asked the question I was told it was attitude. One of the players is fairly young and new and was very forthcoming with his observations and opinions, too early to have been trained to keep his mouth shut I think, It was easy getting info from him. anyway that was his opinion and not necessarily those of the management.

mofw

Say something once why say it again?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

manoffewwords wrote:I agree with your take plugger however I spent some time with two players recently and when I asked the question I was told it was attitude. One of the players is fairly young and new and was very forthcoming with his observations and opinions, too early to have been trained to keep his mouth shut I think, It was easy getting info from him. anyway that was his opinion and not necessarily those of the management.

mofw

Dont know management but know a couple of coaches but havent spoken to them about him. It was a leader and he assured me no problems. That was 3 weeks ago.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

How can you make the assumption about who has seen him, I would has it a guess that most posters on here have seen him play at least 6-10 games

I for one have seen him numerous times..... Has showed more than Siposs and Cripps by some margin....

Very similar player to your favourite P66.......but cracks in harder. The other similarity however is average disposal.

Going fwd..... Polo or Ledger being our 20th player (not messiah) who is more likely to develop into a good AFL player..... Even of niether currently are.... It's called development, a Ross Lyon phenomenon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:How can you make the assumption about who has seen him, I would has it a guess that most posters on here have seen him play at least 6-10 games

I for one have seen him numerous times..... Has showed more than Siposs and Cripps by some margin....

Very similar player to your favourite P66.......but cracks in harder. The other similarity however is average disposal.

Going fwd..... Polo or Ledger being our 20th player (not messiah) who is more likely to develop into a good AFL player..... Even of niether currently are.... It's called development, a Ross Lyon phenomenon.

Well my guess is most havent seen anywhere near those amount of games and yes you have but many more havent. My favourite is Lenny and if he is harder than him then great. Big call but you have seen him play more than me and 95% of posters. I can make that call pretty comfortably especially with so many country and interstate posters. And I do love your fascination with my posts. By the way RL isnt stoppong Ledger play.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No Ross just left our list in an absolute mess....WRT the next 5 years and beyond.... He did have help from the 2008/9 recruiting dept.... We ALMOST pinched a GF on the back of some superstars, but the bottom level GOPs ultimately couldn't get it done...

I told you I was fascinated with your posts..... Someone so connected who knows recruiters, players and assistant coaches now, of course I'm fascinated.... I also love the way you back our clubs decisions as always correct, even though 100+ years of history goes against that thinking...

And I was referring to little Jack.... You go into bat for him like he is your son.... He's a goer, but his execution is generally shocking.....

I of course do the same with Armitage, who was cruelled by the Lyon regime...... my opinion that is...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:No Ross just left our list in an absolute mess....WRT the next 5 years and beyond.... He did have help from the 2008/9 recruiting dept.... We ALMOST pinched a GF on the back of some superstars, but the bottom level GOPs ultimately couldn't get it done...

I told you I was fascinated with your posts..... Someone so connected who knows recruiters, players and assistant coaches now, of course I'm fascinated.... I also love the way you back our clubs decisions as always correct, even though 100+ years of history goes against that thinking...

And I was referring to little Jack.... You go into bat for him like he is your son.... He's a goer, but his execution is generally shocking.....

I of course do the same with Armitage, who was cruelled by the Lyon regime...... my opinion that is...

Sorry you said my favourite player and that is Lenny. I go into bat for the coaches when people like you guess and it is a guess why guys arent picked or why people arent recruited. The club has made many mistakes and I often say that.

The funny thing is you often say RL is a great coach. You are very strange though because a great coach shouldnt have as many faults as you think RL had. I still am fascinated by your footy knowledge and your inside knowledge of why players arent picked or recruited and I am really fascinated by your interest in my posts. They are good though and thanks for looking at everyone of them. And I know they are good because you dont think they are. Now run away and find other faults with the club you watch on TV.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon = best match day tactical Coach I can remember, has ice running through his veins.... His desire to win every weekend sometimes came at the cost of development and future.... Sometimes he couldn't see the forest for the trees.... Very short term vision.... He was very conservative (his game plan morrored this) one bold decision and who knows...

On my knowledge,
Its called opinions, expressed on a forum.... Really carry no more or less than yours.... but you'd have none of that, if you don't understand how far up your own arse you are.... Read your last post objectively...

Without hindsight, give one example of a criticism leveled at the club by you.... just another sheep with blind faith.

I say positives and negatives.... Surely you cannot argue that

And when do I ever say I ever have 'inside' knowledge' ..... Someone else here claims that, they've even suggested ot tonight. I sometimes (rarely) have people tell me things, I always say whom and where.... Because it was actually said..

Lastly - of course you must know more than me..... You have watched the game live (although I have seen the occasional game also) ... You are basically an expert now. Going on that, Ivy Moyle should really be making the big decisions....

There is a difference between quantity and quality..... A nuffy neighbor who is a collingwood supporter and is a AFL member once told me he goes to 60 games a year, so he knows his stuff.... I suggested he went to 70.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'm not old...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

sorry

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ross Lyon = best match day tactical Coach I can remember, has ice running through his veins.... His desire to win every weekend sometimes came at the cost of development and future.... Sometimes he couldn't see the forest for the trees.... Very short term vision.... He was very conservative (his game plan morrored this) one bold decision and who knows...

On my knowledge,
Its called opinions, expressed on a forum.... Really carry no more or less than yours.... but you'd have none of that, if you don't understand how far up your own arse you are.... Read your last post objectively...

Without hindsight, give one example of a criticism leveled at the club by you.... just another sheep with blind faith.

I say positives and negatives.... Surely you cannot argue that

And when do I ever say I ever have 'inside' knowledge' ..... Someone else here claims that, they've even suggested ot tonight. I sometimes (rarely) have people tell me things, I always say whom and where.... Because it was actually said..

Lastly - of course you must know more than me..... You have watched the game live (although I have seen the occasional game also) ... You are basically an expert now. Going on that, Ivy Moyle should really be making the big decisions....

There is a difference between quantity and quality..... A nuffy neighbor who is a collingwood supporter and is a AFL member once told me he goes to 60 games a year, so he knows his stuff.... I suggested he went to 70.

Yes I do agree I know more than you. The problem is that means sweet FA because that isnt a lot to aspire to. And sorry I thought you had inside knowledge because you seem to criticize when players arent picked either in the draft or in a game so I thought you must know the game plan or the role a certain player has on game day. Or with recruiting why we picked a tall instead of a small and so on. And there are many examples when I criticize the club, just usually not on selection or drafting because it is my opinion you need to know why certain players are picked. I dont know that.

dragit
Saintsational Legend