Our rookies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our rookies

I guess we will wait and see.....

A lot of this depends on team position at teams end of the year

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Incorrect, I didn't give an opinion about you..... I said you come across that way. I cannot give any real opinion about you, never seen you 'live'

You do realize, outside a few..... You are decidedly unpopular on here.... Most people agree

You counter argument is Of course.... That I am too unpopular

Well of course I am, I say controversial things and often open fire on stkilda.....sometimes coaches, players or admin.... This is obviously going to get people offside, and I have no problem with that.....as long as they counter argue with sense
As Teflon has in this thread
Actually this thread is the very example of why I raise ire, putting a line through Lenny Is basically like killing Bambi..... And all and sundry go on the attack, with you leading the charge.... Mainly for emotional and not rational reasons....fair enough...

You, you take the party line, are rarely negative.... Being a 'true supporter' and yet you still piss most peoplea off no end..... And whilst you have said in the past, you're not here to make friends
, which is OK...neither am I. At least I give people a good reason to dislike my posts....it's usually damning content. You on the other hand do it with tone of your language.

Anyways, as always, good chatting.....

Enjoy the poster.

Just to be clear. You're not unpopular with me because you "open fire on stkilda, sometimes coaches, players or admin "...

It because I seriously question your basic reasoning and logic skills.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I guess we will wait and see.....

A lot of this depends on team position at teams end of the year

Thats the thing. We dont have to wait and see. You said both Lenny and Milney will not play next year. No ifs and buts.

Like I said people say these things and then can tell us later on how right they were if it happens but when it doesnt we dont hear a word from them.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are you suggesting that I've never been right??

A lot of times that I have been right, never heard a word from you....wonder why

I am happy to be wrong....

My opinion, Lenny, Milney, Blake will not be playing in 2013, possibly Kosi
Kosi will not be in 2014.....opportunity will be afforded to Ross, Ledger,Siposs,Markworth, Newnes etc.....to play major roles

That's of course my opinion.... Am I allowed that, without people having a cry and going the sook.

Spinner

Isn't the reason you 'question' my logic is because of what I write......therefore, you contradict yourself...

I do believe I know a bit about footy, no doubt..... I haven't just been a supporter of the game

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you suggesting that I've never been right??

A lot of times that I have been right, never heard a word from you....wonder why

Kosi will not be in 2014.....opportunity will be afforded to Ross, Ledger,Siposs,Markworth, Newnes etc.....to play major roles

That's of course my opinion.... Am I allowed that, without people having a cry and going the sook.

Spinner

Isn't the reason you 'question' my logic is because of what I write......therefore, you contradict yourself...

I do believe I know a bit about footy, no doubt..... I haven't just been a supporter of the game

Sorry i thought it was fact the way you said it. And do you want me to clap every time you get something right. Sorry but even though you posts are memorable in certain ways, I dont always remember what you get right. I am now going to write everyone down and clap you when it is right. Should i boo when you are wrong?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Spinner

No it is not what you write, as you said flaming the players/coaches ect. It's the reasoning and logic behind it.

Much like your interpretation here. Or lack of.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I know the likes of Dunnell, Ferguson, Minchington etc are getting a few wraps on here but I just wanted to ask about another kid, Warrick Andreoli.

Now I'm the first to admit I'm no expert on Sandy and never get to see them play live. What I do know about our players in the VFL is what I read here and elsewhere on the internet.

But I seem to recall Warrick struggling to get out of the Sandy seconds last year and formed the impression he may be one of these kids who does his 2 years on the rookie list and then quietly slips away. However this year he seems to be more of a senior player and is actually getting mentioned among the best. What's happened? Has the penny dropped? Has he put in an extra effort?

Don't worry, I'm not giving any creedence to the BF fella's description of Andreoli as a "jet" last week. But I would be interested to hear comments from posters who have seen him (both in 2011 and 2012).

class of 2010
Club Player

Andreoli was very slight last year, needed to put more bulk onto his frame before he could perform consistently at a high(er) level. Much like Sam Crocker...both will take a little longer to come on, but I have high hopes for the both of them!

oh when the saints
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Did I read correctly that we'll be able to upgrade someone from the rookie list at the halfway mark of the season, even if we don't have a long term injury (which we hopefully won't)? If so it will be very interesting to see who we upgrade, as you could probably make a good case for Curren, Dunell and maybe even Ferguson, if they want to give him a taste of senior footy, while the others have all apparently played some good footy as well.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:I know the likes of Dunnell, Ferguson, Minchington etc are getting a few wraps on here but I just wanted to ask about another kid, Warrick Andreoli.

Now I'm the first to admit I'm no expert on Sandy and never get to see them play live. What I do know about our players in the VFL is what I read here and elsewhere on the internet.

But I seem to recall Warrick struggling to get out of the Sandy seconds last year and formed the impression he may be one of these kids who does his 2 years on the rookie list and then quietly slips away. However this year he seems to be more of a senior player and is actually getting mentioned among the best. What's happened? Has the penny dropped? Has he put in an extra effort?

Don't worry, I'm not giving any creedence to the BF fella's description of Andreoli as a "jet" last week. But I would be interested to hear comments from posters who have seen him (both in 2011 and 2012).

“Warrick Andreoli……Anyone? Anyone?”

Austinnn
Club Player

I agree with the Doc, I'm puzzled why we never hear much about Andreoli; Has his effort this year been consistent, or just a couple of games?

I think it's great that so many of our rookies are doing well, can the Sandyphiles on this site tell us if in their opinion this is down to;

A) The superior game plan and coaching style of McPhee and co.?
B) The inferior quality of the opposition in the VFL this season?
C) The superior quality of the rookies and ressies players?
D) The addition of one or two key players in both teams which makes the whole team play better?
E) A mixture of the above? (please elaborate)

I'd imagine that there will be a few spots up for grabs in the next year or two through retirements and mid-tier delistings. I'd also imagine that this first year of the Scott Watters era is being used for observation; everyone will be given a chance (yes, even the new Tommy Walsh, Tom Ledger!) and Scotty will see who responds who doesn't, and then at the end of this season will get rid of the personnel he believes won't take us forward, much like Lyon did after his first season (Remember Brett Voss, Leigh Fisher, et al?)

So you'd think unless we trade one of our big stars for a bag of draft picks that there will be room to fit in all the most promising rookies and the others will be kept as rookies with the assurance that they'll be taken up the following season when yet more of our aging squad retire.

Of course, I'm jus' guessin' who really knows?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Spinner

Kosi and Lenny have to stay. They are vital to our performances and I would much prefer they leave one year too late than one year too early. With that in mind I struggle to believe that one year too late will be next year.

Blake can go. Thanks but no thanks and who knows with Milne. I am not going to write him off and if he keeps on kicking goals he can write his own retirement date.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Kosi has another year on that contract, apparently, so I don't imagine he'll be going anywhere, as we'd have to pay him out anyway. If his current form continues he may even get a payrise!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

At the risk of repeating posts on this thread over the last five pages, we are going to need to get rid of quite a few players at the end of this season, in order to take advantage of the supposed excellent draft, and to promote more rookies than we ever have before. I am sure that there is going to be a hue and cry from Saintsationalites at this. but you cant have your cake and eat it too!

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Kosi has another year on that contract, apparently, so I don't imagine he'll be going anywhere, as we'd have to pay him out anyway. If his current form continues he may even get a payrise!
He is a Free Agent this year, which means he cant be contracted next year..

class of 2010
Club Player

I believe the main reason why our rookies, and by extension Sandringham as a whole are performing better this year is mainly due to the fact that there are much greater levels of cohesion within the playing group. This year as the rookies (and all saints listed players in the 2's) get the opportunity to train with Sandringham listed players on a regular basis they have a greater understanding between players and as such are playing better as a team. Also because the game plan is largely the same at both levels saints listed players are finding it easier to turn up on match day and know what is expected of them. The Sandringham football club is a much happier place post RL as the club was basically being used as a means of keeping saints listed players not in the seniors match fit, whilst there is a sense of trying to achieve something and win games of football this year

oh when the saints
saintly
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Kosi has another year on that contract, apparently, so I don't imagine he'll be going anywhere, as we'd have to pay him out anyway. If his current form continues he may even get a payrise!

kosi's contract finishes at the end of this year. according to the papers, if he has minimal (same with gram) he has an option of 1 more year on the same amt of money (ibelieve)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

“Why are we discussing Kosi on a Rookies thread? ……Anyone? Anyone?”

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Spinner

Sorry i thought it was fact the way you said it. And do you want me to clap every time you get something right. Sorry but even though you posts are memorable in certain ways, I dont always remember what you get right. I am now going to write everyone down and clap you when it is right. Should i boo when you are wrong?

Which one is Isreal and which one Palestine? The two diplomats are at it again. Have you ever considered people ignore both of you being right because you post in an abrasive manner? Maybe if people liked your style they may not snipe you.