Sad But True

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sad But True

After being there tonight and sadly witnessing our downfall I would have to say we have lost all the attributes we had when vying for the flag 3 yrs ago, we simply don't have the leg speed anymore not to mention the skill deficiencies , our champs are now seeing out their twilight years and collecting their pay checks and good on them. We have some promising kids coming up but the likes of champions like Roo, Dal, Lenny,Fisher just can't prop us up any more. Don't hold your breath guys for another tilt at the bigtime..just enjoy going to the games for at least another 7 yrs..at least and hope for some incredible sponsorship and recruiting.. Sad but True. More will become evident against some of the young upcoming sides like the Cheats .
I have been critical and some of my posts in the past have reflected that but I have always posted with honesty from experience. Why am I posting this? maybe I shouldn't have , maybe.. like many ....should just shut up and let the hopeful embrace a rose colored future...sorry, couldn't help myself, I want all to share my misery. :)

The Fireman
SS Life Member

Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 06 May 2012 1:30am, edited 3 times in total.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Re: Sad But True

I do understand where you're coming from Fireman..... but I think we can (hopefully) be more opitimistic than a 7 year wait for the next shot at it..... things can change pretty quickly given smart recruiting and some luck.

I do agree with you regarding our stars being on the decline

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The worst thing about tonight's loss...

We played at about our level....

:(

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:The worst thing about tonight's loss...

We played at about our level....

:(
correct, this it folks. But hey we can still fly the flag but be a little more critical about how our club handles things in the near future, in other words..piss those rose colored glasses off.