Terry's Personal Trainer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Terry's Personal Trainer

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6339187963

>>>>>>>>>>>
"I'm very excited for him, how he's been going," Wanganeen said. "There are some good signs.

"He's got some great role models at the club, and he should look to pick up little bits of their game and add them to his own game.

"I said to him the other day it was worth just watching how Lenny Hayes goes about it, and making sure some of that hard in-and-under, head-over-the-footy courageous stuff was part of his game, as well as the run and carry.

"I saw him do that on the weekend (against Fremantle) and he ended up getting a free kick out of it, which was the most exciting moment of his four games for me.

"He's got a good head on his shoulders. He's willing to work, he's willing to learn."

Wanganeen believes if Milera can improve his consistency and endurance, he can become an important player for the Saints.

"(Consistency) is what he's worked hard on and, being in the AFL system, I'm sure the coaches down at St Kilda will help make sure that's his focus," Wanganeen said.

"(And) you can always build on a motor. With a year of AFL footy under his belt he'll develop that even more and build on an aerobic base."

Adelaide-based Wanganeen is opening a gym in Essendon and hopes to spend more time in Melbourne, meaning he will see more of Milera's games live.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Terry's Personal Trainer

outstanding. i love it when he got that free diving in againmst freo.

but sheesh. seems terry has done the work himself but also just shows what a good role model can do.
and doesnt gav sound like a super bloke. i hated him as a player mainly because he had a habit of carving the saints up - with the bombers and then with port. oh and that prelim! arghhhhh. still gives me nightmares. but he was a super player and seems like a real sensible and good bloke. warms the old heart!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:outstanding. i love it when he got that free diving in againmst freo.

but sheesh. seems terry has done the work himself but also just shows what a good role model can do.
and doesnt gav sound like a super bloke. i hated him as a player mainly because he had a habit of carving the saints up - with the bombers and then with port. oh and that prelim! arghhhhh. still gives me nightmares. but he was a super player and seems like a real sensible and good bloke. warms the old heart!
It does. I was surprise by Milera's size. Just comparing his height to Wanganeen in the picture and stacking on 10kgs probably makes his body more "AFL reaedy" than I would have thought. Good stuff.

noddy04
Club Player

Wangas is a great role model for any young footballer. He went to school with my niece and when he won the Magarey medal he was still at school. Kids in the class never even knew he was playing for Port Adelaide he was that quiet and humble. He has opened a couple of gyms in Adelaide recently. (my eldest son is a member of one). They are open 24/7 so people can access them anytime of the day. And I am so happy for Terry the way he is going about his footy.

mcadam05
Club Player

Lets not forget it was Wanganeen who got in Winmar's ear back in 1993, so really he's no friend of this Club

gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least Wanga had a cool t shirt on -nice colours. Terry is a great find and hats off to the guy for not giving up on his dream. Wanga broke my heart as a player but if he has built up a new gem for us I can cut him some slack. What did he do with Winmar?

slider
Club Player

mcadam05 wrote:Lets not forget it was Wanganeen who got in Winmar's ear back in 1993, so really he's no friend of this Club
Who could care less? hes bringing on a kid who could be anything NOW!! not a player who was playing in a junk side in 1993 who had emotional and drinking problems to name a few.

So glad i look to the future and dont dwell on the past or i may as well top meself.

Thanks Wanga for the way you mentored this kid.

mcadam05
Club Player

slider wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:Lets not forget it was Wanganeen who got in Winmar's ear back in 1993, so really he's no friend of this Club
Who could care less? hes bringing on a kid who could be anything NOW!! not a player who was playing in a junk side in 1993 who had emotional and drinking problems to name a few.

So glad i look to the future and dont dwell on the past or i may as well top meself.

Thanks Wanga for the way you mentored this kid.

run along troll :roll:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Wang is one of the few Brownlow Medal winners who thoroughly deserved to win, unlike a few others over the years.

If he's able to help Terry Millera, then good on him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i actually dont know this story.
can u please elaborate macca?

mcadam05
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
i actually dont know this story.
can u please elaborate macca?

I'm of the understanding that Winmar was having a chat with Wanganeen after his great game against Collingwood and the chat turned to how much Nicky was getting paid and how he was treated after he Injured his shoulder in the final the year before, Gavin Put the idea in his head he should make a stand and ask for a new contract (he still had a year to run on his current one) or he would walk and go elsewhere .Peter Jess was if i remember right the manger of Wanganeen at the time and he came on board after Stephen Dunne who was Winmar's manger made such a mess of things.

this is a video of peter jess on the sunday footy show -

look i may be way of the mark , but this is true to the best of my knowledge and any one would like to add something or correct me that's fine to

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

And Wanganeen in the 2004 PF, who did bugger all for 3 quarters and then tore us apart in the last :(

Hopefully Terry can emulate some of his mentor's great feats.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

wonder if we could get Gavin as some kind of assistant coach...

our development of indigenous players has been pretty average over the last few years

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Is Terry Milera aborigional or middle eastern? What about Saad?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Is Terry Milera aborigional or middle eastern? What about Saad?
Terry is indigenous australian
Ahmed is Egyptian +
http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/10/18/th ... hmed-saad/

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107