Gwilty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Gwilty

Jim back in the VFL this weekend. Go well, son!

Apols if this has been raised elsewhere an I missed it...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... witterfeed

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gwilty

Thinline wrote:Jim back in the VFL this weekend. Go well, son!

Apols if this has been raised elsewhere an I missed it...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... witterfeed

Congrats. You have never big noted about your son playing AFL footy.

SaintlySaint85
Club Player

you know, more people like myself would probably participate in this forum if it weren't for the childish tedium of some of its regulars. good job, guys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintlySaint85 wrote:you know, more people like myself would probably participate in this forum if it weren't for the childish tedium of some of its regulars. good job, guys.

Get a sense of humour. it may help you get through life.

shmic_s
Club Player

I thought it was amusing saintlysaint.

Great to hear that Gwilt is back! Watters mentioned he has been in full training for a while.

Look forward to seeing that awesome kick of his back in the seniors.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default ... medium=RSS

ST KILDA defender James Gwilt will make his return from a knee reconstruction in the VFL on Sunday.

A St Kilda official confirmed on Wednesday that Gwilt will play for VFL team Sandringham against Williamstown at Trevor Barker Oval.

Gwilt has not played at any level since rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in last year's round 17 win over West Coast at Eithad Stadium.

He underwent a full reconstruction but will make his return after a nine month absence.

Stand your ground :shock:
matrix
Saintsational Legend

you little ripper

welcome back jimmy g 8-)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintlySaint85 wrote:you know, more people like myself would probably participate in this forum if it weren't for the childish tedium of some of its regulars. good job, guys.

Get a sense of humour. it may help you get through life.
you're very naughty.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default ... medium=RSS

ST KILDA defender James Gwilt will make his return from a knee reconstruction in the VFL on Sunday.

A St Kilda official confirmed on Wednesday that Gwilt will play for VFL team Sandringham against Williamstown at Trevor Barker Oval.

Gwilt has not played at any level since rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in last year's round 17 win over West Coast at Eithad Stadium.

He underwent a full reconstruction but will make his return after a nine month absence.
So only misses less than 10 games of football which is not too bad in the end....

Who knew that a few short years ago we would all be saying that thank christ Gwilt is coming back?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Saints coach said the playing group was looking forward to the return of popular defender James Gwilt, with the 25-year-old set to line up for Sandringham in the VFL this weekend.

Gwilt will play for the Zebras against Williamstown on Sunday in his first hit-out since rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament and undergoing a knee construction last July.

"He's loved by the whole group and he's a key player within our structure," Watters said.

"Going forward, whether it's two, three or four weeks, to get someone of his quality back will be a real boost for the side."
a player favourite but also a big fan favourite as well. love jimmy.

Megamaguire
Club Player

"He's loved by the whole group and he's a key player within our structure," Watters said - seconded!
Matrix probably summed up best my own reaction to the good news but i was very pleased to hear Scotty W's reflection on Jimmy's inspirational presence in the team. I've really missed 'cool-hand' Jim and now realise we just don't look as imposing down back without him.
Go Patiently and Carefully on the way back Gwilty - we want to to reclaim your spot and stay fit.
When you consider how Jimmy G. can hold the fort and therefore allow Bj & Chips to venture forward as playmakers it gives me added confidence in the direction the team and coaching staff are going.

GOOD LUCK GWILTY!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

No one asked me if I took offence.

I didn't.

FYI I smiled. No audible laugh tho.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Great news! The stars are aligning. Gwilt's return to the seniors will provide a massive boost to our depth and structure. Once the Schneiderman returns, we'll be at full strength.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Great news! The stars are aligning. Gwilt's return to the seniors will provide a massive boost to our depth and structure. Once the Schneiderman returns, we'll be at full strength.

who goes out?

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

shmic_s wrote: Look forward to seeing that awesome kick of his back in the seniors.
We have missed it dearly!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

White Winmar wrote:Great news! The stars are aligning. Gwilt's return to the seniors will provide a massive boost to our depth and structure. Once the Schneiderman returns, we'll be at full strength.

Nearly - still no Raph

(Ducks for cover).......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
jays
Club Player

need him back bad

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

jays wrote:need him back bad
yes
if he plays alright this week , i'd have him straight back in for next week .

In red white and black from 73