now THAT was a real Family Day!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: now THAT was a real Family Day!

thejiggingsaint wrote:Thanks for that classy post :roll: spinner

Are you from that area? I visited Anfield last year. Everyone actually from Liverpool seemed to follow Everton. Saturday had me running to the Impy to catch the second half after the Saints game.

I was at Liverpools win at Stamford Bridge last year so hopefully we can get another one against them at Wembley!'

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Lanas42 wrote:
Spinner wrote:Decent day... Good to see something dedicated to the members. Always positives and negatives of any activity.

Positives
- St Kilda cupcakes. So brilliant, Saints logos on them so well done you don't want to eat them.
Cupcakes were made by Scrumpalicious Designer Cakes (http://www.scrumpalicious.com.au). Loyal Saints Members who can handle all your cake needs - especially saints ones!
Thank you, meant to get card but you became very very busy,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Or alternatively, do what I do and make them listen to the Manic Street Preachers, Charlatains,Happy Mondays and The Stone Roses ...then they'll start listening to Coldplay. Come to think of it, I don't know if that's good or bad...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Winmar
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Thanks for that classy post :roll: spinner

Are you from that area? I visited Anfield last year. Everyone actually from Liverpool seemed to follow Everton. Saturday had me running to the Impy to catch the second half after the Saints game.'
Correct! People in Liverpool support Everton, leaving the good folks of Oslo and Plymouth to support the other mob. ;) I ran/walked several kms through the city trying to find somewhere to watch it. Ended up seeing the last 5 mins through the Celtic Club window.

On the members' day, I didn't get there until 12:30, but still had a good time anyway. Not a massive number of players about, but it was great to be able to speak to those who were mingling. Geary posed for a photo with my little'un, which was nice of him. The music was rather loud! I'll have to attend more of these days now that I've got a kid.

saintnick12
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:heheheh so did anone get a Hi5 autograph?

Stevie Nicholson‏@NicholsonStevie

Had a great day at the @stkildafc members day. Highlight being mistaken for @gramsy_1 and signing jumpers anyway. #gosaints2012
Didn't bother with an autograph, but meeting him was the highlight of the day for my four year old. Stevie was great. My son had his photo taken with him. Not surprisingly he was fantastic with him. You would expect that with a children's entertainer, but it was still so impressive to see him. My son was just glowing. A few other kids had a photo, then my son said to me that he wanted to tell him something. Stevie got right down to my son's level and spoke to him. My son told him he watched him on TV. He chatted away, asked him who is favourite saints player was (my son said Riewoldt) and then Stevie asked my son to kick the ball to him and raved about what a good kick he was. Just a minute or two but was the absolute highlight of my son's day. Well that and kicking goals on the real goals on the ground. He loved that too. :)

I agree with what most of what Spinner said re the positives and negatives.

It was great to be able to get up close and personal with some of the younger players. Cripps, Geary and Jack Steven seemed genuinely chuffed to be told how well they were doing. That was quite refreshing I thought. I saw Jones driving away as I was walking in which was about 10.45. I saw in another post that someone said they saw some senior players earlier than the advsertised start time. I understand that some may have had recovery commitments etc but if that was the case, then have the family day on the weekend of a Friday night game so that the recovery could be done already. Also surely Lenny needed the recovery as much as anyone, yet he was there for ages. I was disappointed not to see any players from the leadership group. My 4 year old knows knows about the top 8-10 players on sight, but the only ones we saw which he could recognise were Jack Steven and Lenny Hayes. We didn't bother lining up to see Lenny Hayes as we had met him only a fortnightly ago in a shopping Centre visit in our area and had autographs, photos,etc that night and my son told him we had just named our puppy Lenny and he asked to see a pic and told us about his own puppy. He was amazing and so great with my son. It was fabulous to have a few minutes with him just on our own that night. If you see that type of sponsors visit for your area for any of the players, I highly recommend it. ( Lenny was representing Diadora that night rather than the club. There were plenty of people there, but not to many and they made sure each family had personal time. I was like a giddy child myself :oops: ) My son is dying to meet Riewoldt and I was determined we would have lined up for as long as it took to meet him yesterday but he and his leadership group mates were nowhere to be seen which was disappointing. One of these days, work commitments permitting, I will have to get to an open training session as from all reports this is the best way to meet the stars.

I actually thought there was no SC tent as advertised. I didn't find out until I was heading home that the little red tent was supposed to be it. I enjoyed the band and the interviews on the main stage with Lenny and Scott Watters. I had expected their cross to the footy show to be from the stage but missed it as it was at the other end of the ground and my son was kicking goals at the time and I didn't even realise I'd missed it. It was disappointing to be asked for the membership at the sausage sizzle. Given it was a members day it would be assumed all were members. I'd been expecting to have to provide it at the gate to get in actually.. Good on the SC for putting it on though.
There was a clinic mentioned in the ad but that never happened (unless it occurred in the 15 mins before I got there). The ad also doesn't say all or which players will be in attendance but it does say chance to meet your favourite players, which clearly wasn't the case.. On the positive it was great to meet Scott Watters. As a father himself he was great with my young son too. Another who was very good was Brett Peake.

Overall it was great day, and another step towards the club engaging more with the fans. Certainly some aspects could be improved upon but a great show of the direction we are heading and all the better after a great win :D

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Aww. Nice work Hi-5 :)

SuperSaint66
Club Player

A well organised Members' Day!
'Twas my 1st ever visit to Moorabbin. I thought the Heritage Museum was well worth seeing.

Enjoyed the band. Not too loud in my opinion, & their music was great all day.

Players in attendance were relaxed & friendly, & I got autographs from
7 Lenny
10 Daniel Markworth
9 Sam Crocker
6 Sebastian Ross
2 Arryn Siposs
21 Ahmed Saad
32 Terry Milera
and had my photo taken with Rhys Stanley.

Enjoyed the free sausage, and it was good to see so many activities for the kids.
Didn't actually find the SC Marquee - but no concern.

The perfect weather was a plus.

A great initiative from St Kilda FC - much appreciated!