Ball acl

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Ball acl

Wow(!!!), I was wondering how this thread got so many posts so quickly... should've guessed. :(

I'm so glad we won well tonight - imagine this thread if we'd lost... actually no don't, it doesn't bear thinking about. :oops:

Mods, could this thread please be locked down? Coz I fear that very soon JohnPeterBudgeFanClub will return, copy this thread and paste it on B&WBraindead or whatever the Filth site is called. Once that happens their feral supporters will think that they would be more at home here than they are now with Eddie and FIGJAM. :cry:

...JoffaBoy may no longer be the only Joffa around our club... there could ensue a mass feral migration. :evil:

Oh the horror...!
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Sun 15 Apr 2012 2:25am, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

barks4eva wrote: So if I were to conduct a survey and the options were
1. Filth hit by injuries to star players, finish 12th with McGuire going bat shyte crazy as the filth slide down the ladder and implode from within
or
2. Filth back to full strength, top four challenging for premiership

HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

Option 1 or 2 BE HONEST!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have your cake and eat it
HI Barks, I'd like to vote for Option 3... :idea:

Collingwood found guilty of draft tampering on two counts:
  • Threatening clubs through Ball's manager Paul Conors, so that Ball could make it through to pick 30 without being taken.
    Approaching Luke Ball whilst he was a contracted player at St Kilda.
    Penalty - 2010 premiership win declared null and void, suspension from the next draft, and $1M 3 year good behaviour bond/suspended fine.
    Paul Conors license as a player manager revoked.
    Compensation priority draft pick to St Kilda which can be used in any of the next 5 years.
Now that would be pleasing! :lol:

How would you vote Barks? Please be honest.

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Some people are fwits. Now we are certain who they are. Was just about certain, now confirmed.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 15 Apr 2012 8:56am, edited 1 time in total.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I see both sides, but frankly I care about St Kilda and he is Collingwood so it is barely relevant.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Bad luck Luke Ball

Suck shite Collingwood

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Plugger87

F##K HIM HE'S A DOG AND DESRVES IT

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Plugger87 wrote:F##K HIM HE'S A DOG AND DESRVES IT

We have found another one. I think I will make a list.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

From the some of the posts in this thread I see some of our own supporters are no better that Collingwood supporters. Disgraceful effort by some of you.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Here I will start it for you

plugger66
plugger87
plugger??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Here I will start it for you

plugger66
plugger87
plugger??

plugger14
plugger69

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

This list is worse than Melbourne's

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

to actually enjoy his injury says something about the type of ppl... congrats u guys, you're at the same level as the Collingwood fans who laughed at Roo... who you think are disgusting and pathetic... self reflection?

Esp considering RL forced him out

andrewg
Club Player

just wish i was at the ground to cheer as h hobbled off just like the filth did to rooey.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

I really felt for him. I texted him yesterday and offered him a bit of support. I said if he needed anything he could call me any time. You don't like to see it happen, especially when you've gone through it. I knew exactly how he'd be feeling but he's got a lot of good footy ahead of him and he'll hopefully be back better than ever next year.

Actually this isn't me speaking, it's Lenny.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/ ... fault.aspx

markp
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Bad luck Luke Ball

Suck shite Collingwood
This.

And if anyone at the ground was crass enough to cheer when he was injured like the filth fans did when Roo went down, it was drowned out by them jeering their own players.

I'm loving where the Figjam transition is taking them. Great move that.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Did not think I would feel much sympathy towards Luke Ball at all, but I was surprised at how devastated I felt for him when I heard the news Saturday afternoon. Knee injuries are upsetting, no matter which team the player plays for. To be basking in the misery of an injury to a player says a lot about some people, regardless of which team they support. Especially an injury that will sideline a player for 12 months.

Luke Ball was a captain and servant of our club for quite a few years, so lets show him a little compassion and respect.

Good luck Luke! Wishing you well through this tough time.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Did not think I would feel much sympathy towards Luke Ball at all, but I was surprised at how devastated I felt for him when I heard the news Saturday afternoon. Knee injuries are upsetting, no matter which team the player plays for. To be basking in the misery of an injury to a player says a lot about some people, regardless of which team they support. Especially an injury that will sideline a player for 12 months.

Luke Ball was a captain and servant of our club for quite a few years, so lets show him a little compassion and respect.

He didn't lose a parent. It's just a knee. It happens every week. Bad luck and all, but you don't think you're being a bit OTT?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

A little compassion goes a long way. 12 months is a long time in footy. Would not wish a knee injury on ANY player, regardless of whom they play for.

Luke was a much loved player when he was at our club and was one of our leaders. I was angry when he left, but now I wish him no ill will at all. Perhaps devastated was an excessive word. However, I wasn't basking in joy to hear that a past player of ours was injured and out of the game for 12 months.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
saint75 wrote:Did not think I would feel much sympathy towards Luke Ball at all, but I was surprised at how devastated I felt for him when I heard the news Saturday afternoon. Knee injuries are upsetting, no matter which team the player plays for. To be basking in the misery of an injury to a player says a lot about some people, regardless of which team they support. Especially an injury that will sideline a player for 12 months.

He didn't lose a parent. It's just a knee. It happens every week. Bad luck and all, but you don't think you're being a bit OTT?
No it's not becuase it's in context to all the other commnets that are worse. Funny that you point out that this comment is OTT but none of the other moronic remarks are.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Thinline wrote:

No it's not becuase it's in context to all the other commnets that are worse. Funny that you point out that this comment is OTT but none of the other moronic remarks are.
I didn't bother delving into the drivel, Pav. Why would you? I just thought it a little melodramatic is all. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps the tears I'm shedding for Nathan Fyfe's shoulder are clouding my judgment. Perhaps my concerns for Leuenberger are too much for me to bear.

FFS it's footy. Blokes get hurt. Yipdee do.

I'm just glad it wasn't Len again.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Fight Back!

Some of the comments on here are far worse than some of the filth's supporters when Rooey went down. Rooey never put on a Collingwood jumper and tried his guts out for them. Shameful. All long term footy injuries are footballing tragedies and are just generally sad, no matter who it is.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I have deliberately not read a lot of the posts in this thread because you only have to read a few to get the gist of it being on the nose a bit so please forgive me if what I'm about to post has already been mentioned. Anyway I seem to remember when Lenny did his knee the first time that he tweeked it the week before and that the following week he stepped sideway and bang it failed. Seem to rember it being the fact that the damage he had sustained the week before still allowed strong use in a straight line but as soon as there was reasonable forced used to step sideways it collapsed. I think at the time the club wasn't using (or couldn't afford) the scan technology and if they were, could it have been avoided? Have I got that right? Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it one Ross Lyon and the Sydney football club that really pioneered the use of the scan? Now every club seems to send players for a scans on a Monday morning.

Anyway got me thinking the other night after watching Luke go down and if we will see a day when the scanning technology is available at the grounds. Sought of makes sense and maybe the type of thing that happened to Luke would have been avoided.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: I didn't bother delving into the drivel, Pav. Why would you? I just thought it a little melodramatic is all. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps the tears I'm shedding for Nathan Fyfe's shoulder are clouding my judgment. Perhaps my concerns for Leuenberger are too much for me to bear.

With due respect, I really think you are missing the point. I agree with you about one thing though, it's only football.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Thinline wrote: I didn't bother delving into the drivel, Pav. Why would you? I just thought it a little melodramatic is all. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps the tears I'm shedding for Nathan Fyfe's shoulder are clouding my judgment. Perhaps my concerns for Leuenberger are too much for me to bear.

With due respect, I really think you are missing the point. I agree with you about one thing though, it's only football.
I'm not actually. But whatever. I just wanna beat Freo.

westy
Club Player

You are an arsehole of immense proportions. You should go and join the filth because I am sure you would feel completely at home

I'm livin' in a madhouse