Schneider? Gwilt? Sippos? is there room for them?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oneteam
Club Player

Schneider? Gwilt? Sippos? is there room for them?

This is a great problem to have.

But i dont know who you drop.

maybe on sun ratings, sippos for cripps, who has not really turned it on so far.

newnes when gwilt is ready?

milera clearly producing and would keep his spot IMO.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Re: Schneider? Gwilt? Sippos? is there room for them?

Cripps seems to only play well when he's centreline or forward, so he goes for Schneider, while Newnes, while very serviceable and neat and fairly cool under pressure, would go for Gwilty, I expect. Dahlhaus, in just his 14th game, beat Newnes one on one last night and Newnes almost always kicked it sideways or backwards when he got it, so that is an easy swap. Gram might come in for Newnes in the meantime though, as he's more likely to take it forward and run and carry.
Siposs would have to really turn it on in the VFL (which he could do) or else he'd be just about next in line if we lose someone to injury or suspension. Hopefully this will make him very hungry.
I do love the way Cripps really tries to take the game on with his pace though. He's someone who sort of gets the ball and just takes off and tries to outrun whoever is near him. Last night he unfortunately tried it on Griffen and he got nabbed, but I admire the boldness to attempt it. Once he works out who to attempt it on he'll be very damaging.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:milera clearly producing and would keep his spot IMO.
pretty quiet this week but he earned some credits in the first two games. no doubt he'll need a rest at some point this year, though - i can't imagine he'll have the stamina to play 22 games at afl pace.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Forgot that Polo played. That's another spot that is potentially up for grabs. I do like fact that he can kick it 55m on his left though, that is at least something.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Forgot that Polo played. That's another spot that is potentially up for grabs. I do like fact that he can kick it 55m on his left though, that is at least something.
Schnieder and Gwilt are best 18 players so out goes Polo and probably someone will be injured by then anyway.

Siposs probably rotated in for a struggling younger player which is fine by me.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

newnes goes for jimmy
id keep simpkin, geary and dempster in
blake i dunno 50/50
want to keep him in but not sure
its a bigger body that we need so prob stays

hAyES
Club Player

Siposs doesn't have the form to be in the conversation yet. Gwilt to replace Blake, Gram in for Polo and I wouldn't mind seeing us downsize a bit so I'd bring Schneider in for one of the talls (probably Kosi).

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Sort answers: yes, yes and when he's ready.

Schneider for Cripps and Gwilt for Newnes would seem to be pretty obvious like-for-like moves at this point. Either way, they're both coming in when they're fit.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Would you really tip out a tall Hayes?

I reckon that's been part of what has made us turn the corner this year.

We are pulling the trigger into our F50 so much more, and the three talls are really stretching defences.

Beauty is, Rhys has the mobility of a small.

He really could be our x-factor this year.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:We are pulling the trigger into our F50 so much more, and the three talls are really stretching defences.
agreed. it seems to be working at this point so it would be pretty silly to drop a tall and change the structure just for the sake of it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Schneider is in our best 22. Make no mistake.

Do not get too carried away with our last two games.

We need a deeper midfield, and smart users of the ball. Schneids will be part of this.
It is a shame that Legder is not playing at present as he will find it harder to get in when Schneider gets back. He may end up with alot of games as the Sub this year.

With the emergence of Stanley....Siposs will have to bide is time.

Gwilt will be a long way off as he is not even playing yet. If he gets up it may be him and Bake ina face-off as Simpkin has been impressive to date

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BushDave
Club Player

hAyES wrote:Siposs doesn't have the form to be in the conversation yet. Gwilt to replace Blake, Gram in for Polo and I wouldn't mind seeing us downsize a bit so I'd bring Schneider in for one of the talls (probably Kosi).

I can't see how Blake would go out of the back line, he plays tall and is very dependable, Gwilt will come in but not for Blake. More likely for Polo.

Gram needs to improve his disposal, I've never seen a bloke butcher so many disposals, he is going to be under pressure to improve in this area or he won't get back in. I think Stevens has got Grams spot at the moment.

Schneider will probably take Newnes spot. Kosi needs to stay in and rotate in the Ruck and give McEvoy the chance to hurt sides up forward as well.

Great problem to have this year with Milerea, Newnes, Simpkin, Cripps, Stanley etc getting some game time and building in confidence. :D

Never Give Up!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt for Blake
Schnieder for Newnes
Sipposs for Cripps

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I can't believe people still want Blake out of the side, FFS watch the game, Blake will stay in, he has been great

noob
Club Player

Keep the team as it is before players warrant selection or players drop in form

Griggsy
SS Life Member

What about Saad? I havnt seen much of him but in the off season lots of people spoke highly of him and was afl ready (hear he is suspended atm though) Is Milne, Schieds, Milera and Saad too much?

Newnes is the obvious choice to drop, Polo is on that brink also, then next in line is the other youngsters who are performing anyways.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Saad doesn't appear to be doing as well in the VFL as he did last year, which would be why he isn't playing I imagine. Considering that was apparently only his 3rd full season of Aussie Rules footy, I'm not surprised he's having a bit of a downer this season. Hopefully he'll hit top gear by the end of the year, but he's a ways back now I'd suggest. Also maybe a bit like Tommy Walsh, he may be taking a little while to get used to the new club and so on.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:This is a great problem to have.

But i dont know who you drop.

maybe on sun ratings, sippos for cripps, who has not really turned it on so far.

newnes when gwilt is ready?

milera clearly producing and would keep his spot IMO.
Depends how we are playing when Schneider and Gwilt are ready. It's hard to break into a winning team

jroberts:)
Club Player

Sipposs is struggling with his knee at the moment, he was withdrawn round one!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jroberts:) wrote:Sipposs is struggling with his knee at the moment, he was withdrawn round one!
are you sure?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Schnieder and Gwilt both deserve a spot but might have to work back into the team. Gram will be in the same boat. All of the youngsters are going ok so was Polo though. Really hard to say who should go out Cripps is the ideal sub and might keep getting that role with Jimmy working his way back? Newnes will probably need a rest eventually but hard to fault what he bought against the Dogs. Ledger needs a spot too.

I can't remember anyone thinking we had good players that needed spots -we were meant to have 10 good players and the rest of our list should be playing Ammos I thought? What's going on here?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Schnieder and Gwilt both deserve a spot but might have to work back into the team. Gram will be in the same boat. All of the youngsters are going ok so was Polo though. Really hard to say who should go out Cripps is the ideal sub and might keep getting that role with Jimmy working his way back? Newnes will probably need a rest eventually but hard to fault what he bought against the Dogs. Ledger needs a spot too.

I can't remember anyone thinking we had good players that needed spots -we were meant to have 10 good players and the rest of our list should be playing Ammos I thought? What's going on here?

Well 14 days ago that was right. We have since beat a side that doesnt matter and then the dags which IMO was a good win. We are still one win behind. And depth only seems good when you are winning.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Schnieder and Gwilt both deserve a spot but might have to work back into the team. Gram will be in the same boat. All of the youngsters are going ok so was Polo though. Really hard to say who should go out Cripps is the ideal sub and might keep getting that role with Jimmy working his way back? Newnes will probably need a rest eventually but hard to fault what he bought against the Dogs. Ledger needs a spot too.

Well 14 days ago that was right. We have since beat a side that doesnt matter and then the dags which IMO was a good win. We are still one win behind. And depth only seems good when you are winning.

So we aren't winning? What was the weekend then? We should tank because we lost to Port no use now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So we aren't winning? What was the weekend then? We should tank because we lost to Port no use now.

Have no idea what you are on about. Sorry about that.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Well 14 days ago that was right. We have since beat a side that doesnt matter and then the dags which IMO was a good win. We are still one win behind. And depth only seems good when you are winning.[/quote]

So we aren't winning? What was the weekend then? We should tank because we lost to Port no use now.[/quote]

Have no idea what you are on about. Sorry about that.[/quote]

Sorry I have no idea what your on.....about.