SainterK's signature

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I think you might have bitten off more than you can chew this time. Hope I'm wrong.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

All i'll say is that I did not even for a second believe in Dempster... and look the fool as a result

The choice of Gears surprised me but lets see

My new signature... if K believes I believe

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think there is a position for a smaller defender, I think he could do it...he has courage, puts his body on the line, seems fit and firing this preseason....

Above all that he seems a determined young guy, which I like.

I think he can do it, it's worth a try to channel some positive energy his way.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

he was quite an attacking player when he came to us... that part of his game has really fallen away

he looked to be a good rookie prospect and after reasonable early form... simply hasn't come on

matrix
Saintsational Legend

always thought he was a good grab over head for a smaller player (like ray)
has no prob backing into packs and putting his body on the line either imo

work on the disposal and i think he can make it
i liked the look of what he gave when he first got some games

hopefully K can get some of that positive energy traveling his way
i'll back him in too 8-)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Frustrates me when players cant hit a target.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I think there is a position for a smaller defender, I think he could do it...he has courage, puts his body on the line, seems fit and firing this preseason....

agree, will depends on how much shut down watters willlook at having. dempster is our number 1 shut down player. Will CJ revert back to the run with now lenny is back? Can geary tighten his disposal enough to take the back pocket spot that is his for the taking.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I think there is a position for a smaller defender, I think he could do it...he has courage, puts his body on the line, seems fit and firing this preseason....

agree, will depends on how much shut down watters willlook at having. dempster is our number 1 shut down player. Will CJ revert back to the run with now lenny is back? Can geary tighten his disposal enough to take the back pocket spot that is his for the taking.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

very interesting prediction!
i dont doubt sainter k's abilities so ill look fwd to seeing how it pans out.
some people will flourish in the new environment so very interesting year ahead for the saints. i see it as a year where anything could happen.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: SainterK's signature

I haven't seen the stats yet, but not only did the anointed one play well, from what I saw he kicked well also. And from memory last week's effciency was very high too. Onya Gears! OK's latest call lookin' good. :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The boy did well tonight

gringo
Saintsational Legend

At the game you realise how much of the play he set up. When he doesn't get the ball he beats them up with his face, the new Bakes. He was the kick into the forward line so many times it wasn't funny. Excellent game from Gears. He stepped it up so far this season.

Gwilt Edged
Club Player

3 things

Great composure
Massive improvement in kicking
Stayed involved - ran the game out

Won't be losing his spot anytime soon with a performance like that

defacto
Club Player

the guy has a huge tank. runs all day. disposal aint too bad.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

He had less of the ball this week...but I rate his game much better this week as he was more creative and set up the play better.

He needs to be able to do that against quality opposition.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 10 Apr 2012 10:43pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Love him…
Hope he can step up to some decent opposition,
No clangers tonight, and a few really nice passes…

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Was very good

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Re:

skeptic wrote:he was quite an attacking player when he came to us... that part of his game has really fallen away

he looked to be a good rookie prospect and after reasonable early form... simply hasn't come on
I agree that he looked very good in that first season where he played a bunch of games and he gave us a lot of run and carry, but then he fronted up at the start of the following season and was almost unrecognisable, as he had bulked up so much. It just didn't seem to suit him at all and he seemed to lose all that run he'd had the year before and his performances went backwards.

Today he looked like he might have trimmed back down a bit over the off-season (apparently it has been a bit of a focus over the summer to have everyone that was on the heavier/stronger side a bit lighter, to help them be able to run all day) and it may have helped him to be able to get that run back. Was prolly his best game for us since his first season. If it continues it will be a bonus as he's a seriously tough nut.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

After watching the Cats win against the Hawks it was the Geary style of crash in contesting footy that won it for them. Hawks have a heap of clean skilled players but it was Geelong's ability to throw themselves over the ball and get first touch and drive forward at all cost that won them the game.

Skills are very necessary but tough guys that put their heads over the ball are also as important. Geary won't ever be super skilled but he will win us games if he plays like he did on Sunday. Luke Ball's skill is in his ability to be smashed head over the ball not clean kicking that sets up team mates. We have over obsessed with skills on here but the pleasing thing about that game was their endeavour to put in an effort and win every contest.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Liked them lace out passes... Perfect...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

This signature thing is a bit over-rated. Yes Gwilt came on big time and Dempster had a good year however Geary looks a bit of a gop and always has done.

The other two played good games before the signature and I struggle to remember Geary's best game...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:This signature thing is a bit over-rated. Yes Gwilt came on big time and Dempster had a good year however Geary looks a bit of a gop and always has done.

The other two played good games before the signature and I struggle to remember Geary's best game...
He was good in the first 10 games of 2009. Faded a bit in the second half of that season but to be expected for his age back then.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:This signature thing is a bit over-rated. Yes Gwilt came on big time and Dempster had a good year however Geary looks a bit of a gop and always has done.

Ummm… that's the whole point,

choosing a fringe player that she believes will become a starting 18,

gwilt - tick
dempster - tick
geary - ?

would be pretty easy to pick a first rounder and predict they will make it…

gringo
Saintsational Legend

No one seriously believes SK is an oracle but I have always been a fan of Geary and claimed on here that I expected he will come on soon also. I base mine on the fact he is in that 50 games played point where if your kept around you kick into gear. Gwilt was obvious but Dempster was an inspired choice as I thought he was a Lyon's battler type at best.Geary has had some good game, I remember one against Geelong where he went nuts and kept competing all night.

At the game he looked great on sunday and worked really hard off the ball. He was just about best on ground for mine even though the stats sheets won't show it. So many of the 1% were his doing and he closed in on anyone that looked like they might find space and pressured. He was the ultimate pressure act player in that game, I'm pleased to see any Saint lift their game to higher level even infrequently.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:No one seriously believes SK is an oracle... Gwilt was obvious but Dempster was an inspired choice...
Two outta' two, and though early days, three outta' three not looking too shabby... and I reckon all three were surprise choices to many people.

I believe... and not just based on the signature calls. Read her other posts...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: