What changes for this week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What changes for this week?

You would think it would be easy to promote players this week, with Sandy on top of the ladder with a percentage of 180,BUT, the players names in the best for Sandy are all rookies with the exception of Simpkin, and are ineligable to play for the Saints.
My first two changes would be Simpkin and Ledger for Polo and Ray.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What changes for this week?

borderbarry wrote:You would think it would be easy to promote players this week, with Sandy on top of the ladder with a percentage of 180,BUT, the players names in the best for Sandy are all rookies with the exception of Simpkin, and are ineligable to play for the Saints.
My first two changes would be Simpkin and Ledger for Polo and Ray.
Think you may be very close there bb.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Armo may have got a reprieve, thanks to Polo.....but Seb Ross is a possibility...

Scotty would have been very disappointed in the ball winning ability of
Montagna, Armitage, Hayes, Peake, cripps, Ray (when he came on) and disappointed with the defensive efforts of CJ

Arryn would have been a lock if he did not go down......we may even see Raph go to the LTI and Dunnell upgraded

Not sure how we could carry simpkin, Gilbert, blake, fisher, Dempster......all similar players and some wouldn't find suitable match ups

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

there are three players you've got to bring in; Simpkin, Siposs, Ledger
no ifs no buts - will reserve the outs for pluggers ins and outs. But these three you would imagine (Denis) have to go in.
why? one word really; class. All three can kick the ball and hurt the opposition, rather than just attempt to mitigate against it.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Outs
Polo (susp)
Peake
Ray

Ins
Ledger
Siposs (if OK)
Saad

Saad should replace Polo and have an opportunity to play the harrassing forward that applies defensive pressure, but who (and most importantly) has goal smarts.

Milera could be tried in the Peake type role

Ledger into the middle, Siposs to play as a mix of outside mid/forward, and Cripps to sub

IMO of course

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

I would do as reader

Out: Polo(Was playing Forward), Ray (Mid)

In: Ledger(Mid), Saad (Forward)

That would give us good speed going forward, and would really stretch the Suns in terms of small Forwards

Is a good game to see if Saad, Milera and Milney could all work up Forward

We all know what Ledger brings, hopefully more clearances and speed of course

I know this wouldn't happen but would also consider bringing in Seb Ross for Armitage and make him sub

spert
Saintsational Legend

Watters was very disappointed at the lack of effort in winning the contested ball, so obviously those who didn't do too well there will be under the microscope. Looks like the style of play this season across the comp will be much more attacking from smalls to talls, so if you don't get your hands on the ball first, you will get punished on the scoreboard. I thought that PA got too much easy ball in their forward line on Sunday, so Simkin could be a possibility to go down back. I would also float Kosi into the backline a bit more and bring someone a bit more mobile in at FF..maybe Archer again??? Disappointed with Ray, Cripps and Montagna. Ledger should come in. I'm not a huge fan of Siposs- seems to lack a bit gut-running and intensity at the contest, and that's the last thing we need. So I reckon Ledger, Archer, Simpkin in this week, and maybe Saad??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I actually thought Polo was ok.
He is not bad overhead although his kicking is pretty dreadful...

For me only 2 changes

out: Blake Ray
in: simpkin ledger

i watched the replay closely last night. so many times blake was out of position or didnt spoil. and when he falls over he takes about 1 minute to get up again and leaves us a man down most of posessions are when he runs around the back and noone bothers going on him. big whoops.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

polo is suspended