Jones /Polo/Blake/Armo/Ray/Peake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Re: Jones /Polo/Blake/Armo/Ray/Peake

SaintPav wrote:
Middo wrote:
gringo wrote:Wow one more goal and they would be heroes.
Not at all with these guys in the team we are not moving forward but backward ...
Please make an argument for any of these guys to get a game next week ...?
posting a lot latley I notice...

Nice answer to the question , would one more goal have made these guys game better ...? Or just hidden the fact we are lacking in the skills department...?
Amd yeah normally post a little more when the season is close instead of being a know it all over the pre season .. :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Middo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Middo wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:I agree with playing the kids - but having said that Jones & Polo did ok tonight. I think we can fall into the trap of playing the kids too early when they are not physically ready and exposing them to serious inuries. Play 2 or 3 each week rotating them throughout the year!

Shame about SIposs's injury he would have came in next week for Armitage.

Thought Jones was our worst today just in front of Armo .....
no he wasn't..but another useful and positive post from you..

It's called an opinion FFS .....I cringe every time he touches the ball and I'm only speaking for myself as it's my opinion ... :roll: :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote: Nice answer to the question , would one more goal have made these guys game better ...? Or just hidden the fact we are lacking in the skills department...?
Amd yeah normally post a little more when the season is close instead of being a know it all over the pre season .. :wink:
please stop posting and stop creating threads..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Middo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Middo wrote: Nice answer to the question , would one more goal have made these guys game better ...? Or just hidden the fact we are lacking in the skills department...?
please stop posting and stop creating threads..

Oh yeah no worries... like your somebody important ....? Fwit

nobhead
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
gringo wrote:Wow one more goal and they would be heroes.
Don't think so. Even if we got over the line we expected more against a team that finished second from the bottom last year. These guys would still be criticised.

Overall the team played poorly especially the fringe players. I guess that's why we've got the reputation for having the weakess bottom 6 in the comp.
100% correct for as long as i can recall thats been our weakness . we need to be patient with these young guys give em time to develop instead of getting hacks from other clubs to try and fill the gaps .imo

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Did Peake hit a target?
His hopeless turnovers cost us big time in the GF.
Hasn't improved :evil:
To his credit, he was quite good last year. He was utterly hopeless yesterday, however.

The two P's - Peake and Polo - quite frankly, are a pair of hacks.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I thought Peake and Jones were ok honestly at least they chased tackled and showed desperation for the ball... Gilbert was poor geary was poor Ray shouldn't be the sub ( but hey we have been stuffing up the choice of sub since day one) .. Blakey made some bad mistakes and something must be up with Roo he was well beaten by a no name

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I thought Peake and Jones were ok honestly at least they chased tackled and showed desperation for the ball... Gilbert was poor geary was poor Ray shouldn't be the sub ( but hey we have been stuffing up the choice of sub since day one) .. Blakey made some bad mistakes and something must be up with Roo he was well beaten by a no name
Jones would be OK if he played for the opposition. How can you play AFL and have such shocking disposal?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Cant have Jones/Blake/Peake/Dempster/Polo/Gilbert all playing in the one team, keeping in mind they are mainly down the back half.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I thought Peake and Jones were ok honestly at least they chased tackled and showed desperation for the ball... Gilbert was poor geary was poor Ray shouldn't be the sub ( but hey we have been stuffing up the choice of sub since day one) .. Blakey made some bad mistakes and something must be up with Roo he was well beaten by a no name
Jones would be OK if he played for the opposition. How can you play AFL and have such shocking disposal?
Gilbert was worse ... Blake had some shockers across the face of goal .. In the end if you weigh up the good hard in and under stuff jones did it almost makes up for the poor disposal

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

agree with this post sadly.
the only excuse I'd make would be to persist with Armo.
if we keep sending him back down you can forget about turning him into anything.
peake was a disgrace yesterday.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
groupie1
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
Middo wrote:Thought Jones was our worst today just in front of Armo .....
What, David Armitage played?
Armitage laid a few big tackles, nowhere near our worst. Agree Jones was probably the worst; Polo was conspicuous in his incompetence; Blake, I thought, did OK; Geary butchered it a lot; Ray was a non-event... and Dempster... let's put it down to a bad game.

For mine, Stanley and Cripps did well enough, Milera stood out with poise and ball use... and I'd love to see Ledger in for Ray, Simpkin for Blake only when Gwilt returns, Ross for Armo (even though i thought he was OK); Raph Clarke in for Polo; Saad in for Peake; and Siposs in for Jones... then we have a side with some speed (Saad, Milera, Raph), some of the worst disposal gone (Peake, Polo, Jones, Blake), and the insipidness of Ray gone. Dempster needs to get his s*** together and play tagger in the centre. Siposs and Stanley and Clarke give us 'X' factor.

In light of his excellent year last year, Peake maybe deserves a bit of another go. Why not try him as a tagger? He has the pace. He doesn't need clean hands. His disposal the other way is no worse than Jones'. He might learn some accountability. Jones has gone the same way as McQualter and Gram... had a great year or two and nothin' since.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not all of them can play in the one side....perhaps 3 out of jones, Armo, polo, ray, peake, gram.

defacto
Club Player

Could geary take peakes spot? He seems to run all day