Lucky it's just early in the season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lucky it's just early in the season

Because we just got done by last years wooden spooners......

I'm jumping on the excuse bandwagon.....

On the pre season and today........ Long season ahead...a tired old team, with plenty of fight but not much left..... We are like a boxer who has had his shot and is pased it

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lucky it's just early in the season

we must have lost then

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I will agre with you for once because I have no choice. I said earlier in the week if we lost our time has come and it has come quickly as it does for most sides.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Because we just got done by last years wooden spooners......

We play Gold Coast next weekend...

Bring back the Lockett era
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Tired old team?

How so?

At least be specific, because Dal, Fisher, Goddard, Milne looked like they went ok....and it's unfair to bag all the senior guys because of 1 or 2 out of form.

Heaps of youthful enthusiasm.

I quite enjoyed that aspect of it.

Middo
Club Player

Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!! Just not up to standard ... :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Tired old team?

How so?

At least be specific, because Dal, Fisher, Goddard, Milne looked like they went ok....and it's unfair to bag all the senior guys because of 1 or 2 out of form.

SainterK, you really need to understand and get your head around to the fact we are done. Last Year and so far this year shows we are a tired old team and only getting worst.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

How so?

We just lost to a terrible side and both sides did play terrible.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:

Look out if we lose that one :oops:

Gotta agree with BigMart though. We were done after the 2010 drawn GF.

We are making up the numbers and we need to offload some of the old stagers though a trade with GWS for Goddard and free agency (yes Jake Naill was right).

Apparently we have some young ones coming through and Cockie, I am told could be a gun which we need to snap up. We need to trade for another ruckman and a genuine fullback, but lets face it, the dream is gone for another few years.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:

How so?

SainterK, you really need to understand and get your head around to the fact we are done. Last Year and so far this year shows we are a tired old team and only getting worst.
I don't need to get my head around anything.

I take it one week at a time as a supporter, you do whatever you do.

Don't tell me how to support :P

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are they our only players over 28

What about
Riewoldt, koschitzke, montagna, Hayes, peake, jones, polo, Blake.....forgot about them???

And sorry, equal wooden spooners......they won three games.....but really don't count GC in 2011, they were always gonna finish last

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Look out if we lose that one :oops:

Gotta agree with BigMart though. We were done after the 2010 drawn GF.

We are making up the numbers and we need to offload some of the old stagers though a trade with GWS for Goddard and free agency (yes Jake Naill was right).

Apparently we have some young ones coming through and Cockie, I am told could be a gun which we need to snap up. We need to trade for another ruckman and a genuine fullback, but lets face it, the dream is gone for another few years.
Basically yes.

McEvoy was murdered by a first-gamer today...is anyone surprised?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are they our only players over 28

What about
Riewoldt, koschitzke, montagna, Hayes, peake, jones, polo, Blake.....forgot about them???

And sorry, equal wooden spooners......they won three games.....but really don't count GC in 2011, they were always gonna finish last
Equal wooden spooners now, is there equal premiers as well, maybe we did snag a second premiership after all.

saints66
Club Player

A team like ours needs a good long warm up and unfortunately we lost that practice game against Essendon. Even thought it was one game it was an important game and we will take a couple of weeks to get our touch back. We will win games this year and will play better than today.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

We are in trouble. Too many passengers. Too many guys who can't excecute basic skills. I feel quite sad actually. Was hoping we might be ok. The first 5 minutes where Geary gave away 2 goals finally slapped me in the face.

I bet we hear from posters that Geary was a positive. He is an honest battler at best with less than average skills.

At least Millera showed something. Going to be a long year.

8856brother wrote:We are in trouble. Too many passengers. Too many guys who can't excecute basic skills. I feel quite sad actually. Was hoping we might be ok. The first 5 minutes where Geary gave away 2 goals finally slapped me in the face.

I bet we hear from posters that Geary was a positive. He is an honest battler at best with less than average skills.

Agree sadly.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:We are in trouble. Too many passengers. Too many guys who can't excecute basic skills. I feel quite sad actually. Was hoping we might be ok. The first 5 minutes where Geary gave away 2 goals finally slapped me in the face.

I felt the same after the first few goals. Whilst I did not believe we could win the flag this year I thought we could make it to the 3rd week of the finals however geez we have some garbage playing for us at the moment.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:We need to trade for another ruckman and a genuine fullback, but lets face it, the dream is gone for another few years.
Good luck finding a "genuine" full back. Zac was an integral part of the best defence in history and we chose to delist him at the age of 25.
Went on to save the game for Freo against the reigning premiers with his aggressive attack on the footy that collected Stokes.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote:
joffaboy wrote:We need to trade for another ruckman and a genuine fullback, but lets face it, the dream is gone for another few years.
Good luck finding a "genuine" full back. Zac was an integral part of the best defence in history and we chose to delist him at the age of 25.
Went on to save the game for Freo against the reigning premiers with his aggressive attack on the footy that collected Stokes.

I may be wrong but didn't Dawson refuse to re-sign with us instead taking up an offer from Freo?
I'm positive I saw reports that he was a 'required player' by us.

Gwilt Edged
Club Player

Dawson walked because we "ran out of money"

Amazing what short memories some supporters have

I like what I've seen of Ferg. Hoping he can step up

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt Edged wrote:Dawson walked because we "ran out of money"

Amazing what short memories some supporters have

I like what I've seen of Ferg. Hoping he can step up
Yes and no..Pelchen didn't want him bad enough..Could have off loaded one or two others...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK - just let go of your delusions/dreams/fantasies.

It will make this year more tolerable, and help you through the shellackings the top sides will give us.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

How so?

they were not terrible. How so? They played good contested footy got first hands on the ball their tall forwards marked and converted, backline tightened up. West Coast were bottom of the ladder 2 seasons ago now they look top.

We were beaten by the team that played better contested footy and helped by poor umpiring.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:

I may be wrong but didn't Dawson refuse to re-sign with us instead taking up an offer from Freo?
I'm positive I saw reports that he was a 'required player' by us.
What Pelchen said was: "We've kept everyone we wanted to keep".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How so?

they were not terrible. How so? They played good contested footy got first hands on the ball their tall forwards marked and converted, backline tightened up. West Coast were bottom of the ladder 2 seasons ago now they look top.

We were beaten by the team that played better contested footy and helped by poor umpiring.

I saw 7 games on the weekend. Our game was close but was only in front of the Melbourne Brisbane game in skills. It was a terrible game IMO. So much slower and less skilled than about 6 games on the weekend.