Clint Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Clint Jones

How did we rate his game?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clint Jones

How did we rate the double fist over the line in the last Q when he could have marked it?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:How did we rate his game?

A bit like last years slow start he lacked possessions so 5 out off 10 for me. Didn't dispose too badly but didn't rack them up. A couple of good things though.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

headless chicken.

elvis lives
Club Player

I like cj and believe he us a walk up start in our 18, both for his shut down efforts and ball winning ability.

He had a horrifying game tonight

I am marching in the Saints army
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

cannot kick at all and his bugger up during the first half re the mark from armitage made it even worse.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

No good for mine.
His goal was good and the intercept at the end was OK.
I think his type is holding us back personally.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Horrible in the first half, a little better in the second, but opportunities to kick to team mates in good positions (on their own) went begging because of his stop, prop, turn in a big arc method when deliveirng the ball.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't our worst. We did get pumped early in clearances. He can't kick. He must help us win clearances.

he is rubbish...end of story. Not an AFL standard footballer. Gives a read hot go, but reality is he is a Ross Lyon role player that is only going to hold us back. He has no skill.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Cant kick.

Shouldnt be at afl level.

Has the heart of a top level player, tries guts out, but completely lacks the skills.

Had a shocking moment of indecision.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

maj wrote:he is rubbish...end of story. Not an AFL standard footballer. Gives a read hot go, but reality is he is a Ross Lyon role player that is only going to hold us back. He has no skill.
I think blokes like Ray, Polo, Peake and Jones will really struggle outside of Lyon's game plan.

defacto
Club Player

he gets it and he sure does butcher it. not damaging enough. sadly the run with tagging role that only needs to shut down his opponent is almost gone and out of the game. you have to hurt the opposition as well.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

No longer a place in our best 22 for him and te others who cannot kick, Geary, Polo and Peake.

PJ
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
maj wrote:he is rubbish...end of story. Not an AFL standard footballer. Gives a read hot go, but reality is he is a Ross Lyon role player that is only going to hold us back. He has no skill.
I think blokes like Ray, Polo, Peake and Jones will really struggle outside of Lyon's game plan.
polo did ok - kept pearce to about 9 possessions and racked up nearly double that amount.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
battye
Saintsational Legend

I like him, and I thought in 2009-10 he was an elite tagger. But I think this sums it up:
maj wrote:Gives a read hot go, but reality is he is a Ross Lyon role player.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cant kick, makes poor decsions. Players who do that have no place at the 2012 Saints IMO.

Great..Polo kept Pearce quite..but Pearce is hardly Judd or Mitchell and did nothing the other way except kick badly..

..enter Rodan in the last quarter who DID destroy us

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Haven't seen the game but going to go on a lmb here

Tried his best, was courageous all day, never stopped trying, wish every player worked as hard as he did and all the usual cliches

the reality... I bet he did one or two good things in amongst a plethora of shanked disposals, and moments where he slowed down momentum by stopping or spraying a kick whilst the opponent he tagged pbly was much better than he was.

Same as he has been since mid 2010 minus a few good games

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Does good work to win the ball and hands it straight over to the opposition. He's obviously a hard worker and popular with the coaches but he just isn't an AFL quality player. Compare his deer in headlights act to Milera's composure and decision making in his first game and Jones isn't in the same league. I really hope Watters makes the call and gets Ledger in Jones' midfield spot.

Middo
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:Does good work to win the ball and hands it straight over to the opposition. He's obviously a hard worker and popular with the coaches but he just isn't an AFL quality player. Compare his deer in headlights act to Milera's composure and decision making in his first game and Jones isn't in the same league. I really hope Watters makes the call and gets Ledger in Jones' midfield spot.

Great Call ... :!:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Quixote
SS Life Member

No longer in best 22. Others need to be there in front of him for our progression.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

Thing is Clint didn't really win the hard ball today either. Kind of got in there but had others ahead of him.

When he got it in close he fumbled. When he had it out wide.... well. Not shocking but certainly not confidence building.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Does good work to win the ball and hands it straight over to the opposition. He's obviously a hard worker and popular with the coaches but he just isn't an AFL quality player. Compare his deer in headlights act to Milera's composure and decision making in his first game and Jones isn't in the same league. I really hope Watters makes the call and gets Ledger in Jones' midfield spot.

Great Call ... :!:

Milera plays off the pack, Jones is in at the coal face, poor example. He was and is a solid player not a superstar but worthy of AFL footy. He wll get better he started badly last year too but was one of our better players when we went well. Mc evoy was more of a concern for me he tapped to ports advantage then turned the ball over by foot when he marked.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Like many of our more experienced players he let the team down today.

The game has evolved over the last couple of seasons and turnovers are punished like never before. So a higher premium now needs to be placed on those that can do one or both...and a lower value on those that cannot.

It was evident to me in today's game that PA were better at dishing the ball out a pack to a free team-mate than the Saints were. CJ certainly struggled at this.

In the third quarter from memory CJ was given the ball....had a team-mate on on the outside, but instead hesitated, try to be his opponent and then made the poor choice to tray and go inside and instead turned the ball over.

CJ was underwhelming like many of his teammates today. Armo for example was also poor.

Also the game has changed and it is harder to play a tagger....and so CJ's great strength has been outmoded.

Milera started slow, but looked better and better as the game went on.

Schneider was sorely missed...and was also disappointing that Ledger missed.

Stanley's game was a ray of sunshine...and arguably was out best big man for the game. Lets just get more games into him so that he can improve.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....