Team Rnd 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team Rnd 1

id have siposs ahead of polo but sippo is still almost the youngest on the list so im not too worried.

great to see rhys/ledger/crippsy and tezza in though. im pretty excited.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

That's the lineup woody

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:id have siposs ahead of polo but sippo is still almost the youngest on the list so im not too worried.

Port are not a quick side and are more in and under so Polo makes sense (although I think he is useless).

DWOODROW
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:That's the lineup woody

Cheers.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:id have siposs ahead of polo but sippo is still almost the youngest on the list so im not too worried.

Port are not a quick side and are more in and under so Polo makes sense (although I think he is useless).

He was given a go deep in defence against geelong and I assume he is there in the absence of Gram, Gwilt and Raph because he can mark and tackle and negate the forward press because he is strong bodied and can stand up in a tackle. Cripps would get the gig first but he is too light at the moment I expect him to be used as the hands out to the clearing players in Gilbert., Goddard, Fisher and Dal Santo who then get some run and movement happening.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

He was given a go deep in defence against geelong and I assume he is there in the absence of Gram, Gwilt and Raph because he can mark and tackle and negate the forward press because he is strong bodied and can stand up in a tackle. Cripps would get the gig first but he is too light at the moment I expect him to be used as the hands out to the clearing players in Gilbert., Goddard, Fisher and Dal Santo who then get some run and movement happening.
With the bringing in of Saad/Milera I want to see Schneider play behind the ball on half back as we need our better kickers getting as much of the ball as possible. Even on the transition I do not want a player like Blake kicking the pill, I want the better players doing the work.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote: He was given a go deep in defence against geelong and I assume he is there in the absence of Gram, Gwilt and Raph because he can mark and tackle and negate the forward press because he is strong bodied and can stand up in a tackle. Cripps would get the gig first but he is too light at the moment I expect him to be used as the hands out to the clearing players in Gilbert., Goddard, Fisher and Dal Santo who then get some run and movement happening.
With the bringing in of Saad/Milera I want to see Schneider play behind the ball on half back as we need our better kickers getting as much of the ball as possible. Even on the transition I do not want a player like Blake kicking the pill, I want the better players doing the work.[/quote]

Yeah that was something I hoped we would see too. He might reinvigorate himself like Leon Davis did.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

with Cripps in I think thats plenty of youth first up tbh

“Yeah….nah””
Austinnn
Club Player

That back line doesn't thrill me, but as far as I'm concerned everyone gets a clean slate, and I'll suspend judgement until the end of the game or at least the end of the 3rd Quarter. I'd be lying if I said that I thought that was our best team, but what do I know? I've never even seem them play once this year, so I think I'll cede to the coaching staff's superior judgement.

Not everyone will get over to Sad-elaide for the game, but all you stay-at-home Victorians would want to get up to Ballarat on Sunday, because we might unearth a bit of gold at the Eureka Stadium. Check these line-ups out:

Seniors Squad
B: Curren Simpkin Shepheard
HB: Andreoli Dowler Ferguson
C: Newnes Cockie Winmar
HF: Ross Archer Shenton
F: Siposs Dunell Minchington
Foll: Sikora Cook Saad
Int: Hallahan, Irving, Michaliades, Markworth, Coleman*, Wilkes, Ray, Blake, Armitage, Cripps, Polo, Milera, Lourey
New: Markworth (Macedon/Calder Cannons)
*Bold = St Kilda listed player

Development Squad
B: Shakallis Barnhoorn La Rocca
HB: Webster Meehan Crocker
C: S-Cameron Maley Soriano
HF: Mavrick Staley Stapleton
F: Brown Jones Lever
Foll: Beech Waller Bruno
Int: Maitland Plostins Stevens Lourey Sands Buckley McEvoy Markworth Archer Pridgeon Slade
*Bold = St Kilda listed player

That's exciting. Almost more than the Port game, I know that's wrong, but if half of those kids make it, that's our spine for the next 10 years. Good luck to all the boys, the Seniors and the juniors, the vets and the debutants, the stars and the foot soldiers, you all have our proud support for the weekend! Go Saints! Go Zebs!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

after seeing tonights game and trying to compare what I saw at Visy park 2 weeks ago I would say on the strength of that we are in a bit of trouble.
I seriously hope they were hiding their cards.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:after seeing tonights game and trying to compare what I saw at Visy park 2 weeks ago I would say on the strength of that we are in a bit of trouble.
LMAO just said exact same thing other thread.....

Reality check coming.........

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:after seeing tonights game and trying to compare what I saw at Visy park 2 weeks ago I would say on the strength of that we are in a bit of trouble.

lol yep, the one I agreed with

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You guys sound really pumped..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The only reality check is going to be to the rest of the football world who have written us off and declared our "window" to be shut.

Perhaps it is, but I don't care where this game is played, we are not going to lose it.

Over the whole season, I have no real expectations or even any idea of what will happen but I am very confident of us winning this weekend.

oneteam
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Teflon wrote:

lol yep, the one I agreed with
The reality check is not till round 6 , so 5 rounds to get into the pace of the game . VERY lucky that we play bottom 8 sides in first 5 roinds.

after last night , with the intensity and the precision, we are going to need those 5 rounds against relatively easier opponents. Also a good chance to see if the under 23 yr olds can step up game after game.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

hats off to Milera - theoretically he has taken my Siposs's place, which I am very sad about, but Milera was outstanding last weekend
think it fair that Ray is out - he was running around like Elma Fudd on Sunday

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:great to see rhys/ledger/crippsy and tezza in though. im pretty excited.
I think that the inclusion of these 4 alone makes us look quicker. Given that lack of leg speed has been one of our biggest problems for the last 10 years that can only be a good thing.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:I think that the inclusion of these 4 alone makes us look quicker. Given that lack of leg speed has been one of our biggest problems for the last 10 years that can only be a good thing.
presumably our biggest problem over the last ten years has been winning the majority of our games? considering it's the most sustained successful period the club has ever had, i'm not too unhappy with the "lack of leg speed" issue.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:hats off to Milera - theoretically he has taken my Siposs's place,
I think it is more Stanley that has taken his place...and that Watters has plumbed for an extra tall forward rather than medium forward.

Disappointed a bit that Siposs did not make the cut, but most pleased that so many new or younger players have. The coach will not have wanted too many light bodies in te one team....but he has erred on the side of introducing a lot of inexperienced talent and that is good.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

That is a reasonable dose of inexperienced players.

Cripps (#35), Stanley (#28) Ledger (#15) Milera (#32)

Plus while still playing the youngish, but more experienced Steven (#3), Armitage (#20)

Schneider will be an automatic in when fit.

The others are going to have to work to get back in....including the kids.

Will not surprise though to see the Sub Position be used to givea lot of the younger guys a taste of the senior action throughout the year.

Saad could make an ideal Sub.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:That is a reasonable dose of inexperienced players.

Cripps (#35), Stanley (#28) Ledger (#15) Milera (#32)

Plus while still playing the youngish, but more experienced Steven (#3), Armitage (#20)
geary and mcevoy are both younger than armo and have played about as many games.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

dupe
Last edited by Wrote for Luck on Sat 31 Mar 2012 5:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
millarsaint wrote:hats off to Milera - theoretically he has taken my Siposs's place,
I think it is more Stanley that has taken his place...and that Watters has plumbed for an extra tall forward rather than medium forward.

Disappointed a bit that Siposs did not make the cut, but most pleased that so many new or younger players have. The coach will not have wanted too many light bodies in te one team....but he has erred on the side of introducing a lot of inexperienced talent and that is good.
fair enough but I disagree, my feeling is Stanley was always likely to play due failure demand in the ruck - and he's rucked well last couple of scratchies
whereas Milera and Siposs are genuine goal scorers and ball users
Stanley really doesn't know what to do with the ball sometimes - but that can change with confidence

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Siposs just doesnt get enough of it IMHO at this stage to demand a spot.

Stanley and Milera both older and been in system longer.

Siposs is quality when he gets it - always make something happen and smart decision maker........just need him to get in the game more and get to more contests.

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ray and Wilkes were both on the flight to Adelaide. I didn't see Siposs though.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.