We may have found a beauty....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: We may have found a beauty....

Ross who? wrote:... My point is, it looked like Two blokes who were having the time of their lives and were very comfortable with where they are at...
<snip>
thanks for the reports
but it's this simple statement for me that stands out...the excitement of opportunity, & suddenly your workplace becomes enjoyable.

Seeya
gringo
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Ross who? wrote:... My point is, it looked like Two blokes who were having the time of their lives and were very comfortable with where they are at...
<snip>
thanks for the reports
but it's this simple statement for me that stands out...the excitement of opportunity, & suddenly your workplace becomes enjoyable.

It was the down side of Ross Lyons closed door policy which saw only the establish team ousted by injury etc. He def liked a settled line up but the down side was that guys floundered in the VFL like they were in purgatory. Hardly the way to get the best out of your young ones.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:]From memory we traded our pick 20 to GWS for pick 25 (Ross) PLUS Saad and Milera. If they all live up to their potential, or anywhere near it (which I realise is a big, albeit possible "if") it could be just about the best trade of all time. :D
yes i think u are right.

best #20 draft"pick" ever!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:]From memory we traded our pick 20 to GWS for pick 25 (Ross) PLUS Saad and Milera. If they all live up to their potential, or anywhere near it (which I realise is a big, albeit possible "if") it could be just about the best trade of all time. :D
yes i think u are right.

best #20 draft"pick" ever!

Tell me at least 90% of your posts are just for a laugh.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Funny I got shouted down by two losers on this site when I mentioned that burkie told me milera was flying

Funny that you mention that. How was Wilkes going at the time or Simpkin. lets wait until he plays in the seniors before you get on your high horse. i guess we wont hear from you then. Strange post actually.
Yeah i found it strange.....that he didn't name the 2 losers.... :D

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Funny I got shouted down by two losers on this site when I mentioned that burkie told me milera was flying

Funny that you mention that. How was Wilkes going at the time or Simpkin. lets wait until he plays in the seniors before you get on your high horse. i guess we wont hear from you then. Strange post actually.
Yeah i found it strange.....that he didn't name the 2 losers.... :D

I'm intrigued. Who were they?

RoseInOz
Club Player

Terry Milera's family come from an Aboriginal community where we used to work, Koonibba. They have the oldest continuous indigenous football team in Australia. It is on the Eyre Peninsula. A lot of indigenous players come from Koonibba and surrounds. Graeme Johncock, the Burgoynes, Danyle Pearce (from Point Pearce), Harry Miller, Wanganeens, Eddie Betts, and others I cannot think of at the moment. They sure have a great football heritage.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!