Rendell to be sacked by Crows?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rendell to be sacked by Crows?

SainterK wrote:I like that there are women working in the AFL industry.

However Caro has become increasingly poor of late at seperating fact and fiction, and increasingly sensationalist by nature.

Perhaps it's time to refocus, or pass on the title to someone else.
worst thing about caro is she is the first to bag any other women in the industry.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

brilliant interview on footy classified.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:brilliant interview on footy classified.
i heard it on sen
i dont get it. either rendell was totally stitched up or he is now lying to cover his tracks?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so you do get it then

its one or the other

for me?...i wouldnt trust dimwit in a million years.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:so you do get it then

its one or the other

i dont trust dimwit.
but rendell should sue if he has been misrepresented.
but the other two guys are pushing afl version. so rendell is buggered.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
matrix wrote:so you do get it then

its one or the other

i dont trust dimwit.
but rendell should sue if he has been misrepresented.
but the other two guys are pushing afl version. so rendell is buggered.
Rendell has no hope if he takes on Dimwit.

The fat bastard will destroy anyone with his power regardless.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1vi0y.html

"MURKY details of the conversation that ended an AFL career became clearer yesterday when it was revealed that Matt Rendell ''deeply offended'' his former St Kilda colleague Jason Mifsud when he compared the struggles of African footballers with ''your blokes''."

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Who is this Misfud character Dimwit keeps talking about? Is he related to Elmer Fudd?

If I was Jason Mifsud I would find it offensive that the boss of the AFL cannot even pronounce my name.
Funny, isn't it!

Intrigued to read in Wilson's story this morning that Mifsud has an incentive based contract where he gets rewarded for getting more indigenous kids involved in the game.

Um, conflict of interest much?

I don't care if Rendell is the greatest prick in history. He has been spat out by a machine that really desperately needs to get over itself, take its gaze off the venn diagrams on the whiteboard for five minutes, quit the corp doublespeak and realise that it is running our national code, one thing that we can truly claim as our very own, and one that everyday Joe's and Josephine's treasure extremely dearly. The business side of the code is one thing but the broader philosophical connection that people have with this game is being shat on from a great height at the moment.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Who is this Misfud character Dimwit keeps talking about? Is he related to Elmer Fudd?

If I was Jason Mifsud I would find it offensive that the boss of the AFL cannot even pronounce my name.
Funny, isn't it!

Intrigued to read in Wilson's story this morning that Mifsud has an incentive based contract where he gets rewarded for getting more indigenous kids involved in the game.

I don't care if Rendell is the greatest prick in history. He has been spat out by a machine that really desperately needs to get over itself, take its gaze off the venn diagrams on the whiteboard for five minutes, quit the corp doublespeak and realise that it is running our national code, one thing that we can truly claim as our very own, and one that everyday Joe's and Josephine's treasure extremely dearly. The business side of the code is one thing but the broader philosophical connection that people have with this game is being shat on from a great height at the moment.
Hey welcome back for the 2012 season TL. Have you been working hard in the off-season?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Funny, isn't it!

Hey welcome back for the 2012 season TL. Have you been working hard in the off-season?
Very. You?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

TL has been working very hard, I hope he shares. :)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Very. You?
Yeah mate. Like an 18 year old in a brothel.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1vi0y.html

"MURKY details of the conversation that ended an AFL career became clearer yesterday when it was revealed that Matt Rendell ''deeply offended'' his former St Kilda colleague Jason Mifsud when he compared the struggles of African footballers with ''your blokes''."
There ought to be a "reasonableness" test applied to a statement that someone finds offensive.

Jason Mifsud represents the indigenous players in the AFL system so "your blokes" is a reasonable thing to say...and no reasonable person should be offended by that. It would be the same as using the term "your blokes" to a coach or an agent to refer to the group of players that person represents.
As to comparing the struggles of African Footballers with that of the aboriginal footballers makes sense. It is about a minority group trying to fit into a world where the culture and expected behaviours are vastly different to theirs.

At least the clubs are recognising this issue and thinking about ways to address it before it goes into the too hard basket and we lose the African players to soccer and the Aboriginal players to bush footy. Because they want to draft players that are going to give them a good return on their investment and anything that can help a player from a different background settle in and perform is only a good thing.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Why is always AD and Trigg that are telling us all over and over again that Mifsud was greatly offended...

They keep speaking on behalf of him... Every time they bring it up, they make out as if he's more offended that the last mention of it... He must've been so offended that he's since fallen into a coma and can't speak for himself... What a puppet..

Disgrace.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote: As to comparing the struggles of African Footballers with that of the aboriginal footballers makes sense.
I get the impression that those that think they're representing the indigenous side of the argument are offended by being compared to African Footballers... Racist?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote: As to comparing the struggles of African Footballers with that of the aboriginal footballers makes sense.
I get the impression that those that think they're representing the indigenous side of the argument are offended by being compared to African Footballers... Racist?
I think the offence taken was in relation to the only plausible way for kids to intergrate into AFL clubs successfully, was to take them from their family for a couple of years?

I'm a firm believer that intent is always imporant in life, and always try to see the 'why' behind things before reacting.

Admittedly, I have not experienced racism, so perhaps that does not apply here?

However I really hope they can see that he was just trying to help.

I just can't help but feel that with the situation worsening, and numbers falling, all that Jason has done is ensured is that people will not be so inclined to help and talk about rectifying this situation in the current climate for fear of offending?

Perhaps a solution is now even further away?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: I think the offence taken was in relation to the only plausible way for kids to intergrate into AFL clubs successfully, was to take them from their family for a couple of years?

I'm a firm believer that intent is always imporant in life, and always try to see the 'why' behind things before reacting.
I think there is a monumental difference between taking kids away from their family and inviting them into a scholarship programme to give them a greater chance at realising their dream to play AFL footy and have a 10+ year career out of it.

To the top
SS Life Member

bergholt, precisely!

Look at what is happening in the UK in the face of an austerity programme/s being presented as economic policy.

And look at what the IMF and Legarde (the organ grinders) are specifically and correctly prosecuting in regards Greece as a condition of IMF support - and elsewhere.

What I was pointing out is that the government (correctly) supported the economy post the GFC (simple name, isn't it?) and that now the government is focussed on repairing the Balance Sheet, as are households.

Do I agree with the fixation on a surplus in these internationally volatile times? No, I do not.

I think the concentration on a surplus is forced political rhetoric and where the government should not be intimidated by the Opposition and their windy rhetoric.

The government relies on economic activity for revenue - and if austerity programmes drive economic activity further into the ground we see what we see in the UK - austerity, increasing deficits as revenue falls and more austerity programmes pushing unemployment over 10% etc. etc. etc.

A recipe for disaster.

The Editorial of the New York Times on 15 October 2011 referring to the failed UK experiment says it all!

But you will not read such opinion in the Australian media.

Governments are not businesses.

Governments operate thru the spectrum of the economic cycle.

Businesses transact during the fiscal year to produce a result being a return on capital employed.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
SainterK wrote: I think the offence taken was in relation to the only plausible way for kids to intergrate into AFL clubs successfully, was to take them from their family for a couple of years?

I think there is a monumental difference between taking kids away from their family and inviting them into a scholarship programme to give them a greater chance at realising their dream to play AFL footy and have a 10+ year career out of it.
As do I.

However I am trying to look at it and comprehend how the offence was taken.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Why is always AD and Trigg that are telling us all over and over again that Mifsud was greatly offended...

They keep speaking on behalf of him... Every time they bring it up, they make out as if he's more offended that the last mention of it... He must've been so offended that he's since fallen into a coma and can't speak for himself... What a puppet..

Disgrace.
Brilliant work Sobraz! Exactly what I'm thinking.
I'm getting the rather tawdry impression that Ali Fakour bullied Misfud into dobbing in Rendell in the first place - pressing him to pretend that he felt aggrieved so satisfy Farkour's own misguided sense of racial outrage.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

A bloke lands on the doorstep unannounced. Has an off the record conversation about indigenous players in the AFL with a former workmate. Says nothing in that conversation about being offended. Two months later he tells his boss about the conversation. Boss is a tool of the highest order who has been waiting for a chance to knife Rendell after his GWS comments. Rendell gets knifed. Mifsud says nothing but GT says he was not offended. Mifsud still says nothing. Demetriou is driving this but if Mifsud had any sense of integrity he would come out and say either way what he thinks. Unless he has been gagged by his employer.

Knowing one better than the other, I am extremely disappointed in Jason Mifsud. The bloke had a good idea to help and look what you do to him. Indirectly or directly it doesn't matter. You have thrown a so-called mate under the bus.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote: However I really hope they can see that he was just trying to help.

I just can't help but feel that with the situation worsening, and numbers falling, all that Jason has done is ensured is that people will not be so inclined to help and talk about rectifying this situation in the current climate for fear of offending?

Perhaps a solution is now even further away?
Almost certainly the case. By going just by the words and not the intent and so on behind them, they have made their own situation worse. The ultimate in stupidity.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dibber dobber Mifsud will be appearing on Marngrook apparently.

For his sake I hope he has committed to memory the strategic 'go forward' gameplan AD and Trigg squiggled all over the whiteboard at AFL House.

He'll be sweating up, ol' Jase. AD don't like egg on his moosh. Castration may follow if he stumbles.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

crippa2sipa wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Why is always AD and Trigg that are telling us all over and over again that Mifsud was greatly offended...

Disgrace.
Brilliant work Sobraz! Exactly what I'm thinking.
I'm getting the rather tawdry impression that Ali Fakour bullied Misfud into dobbing in Rendell in the first place - pressing him to pretend that he felt aggrieved so satisfy Farkour's own misguided sense of racial outrage.
Geez, he sounds like a sneaky fakour :wink:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

What I want to know is, if you're having a conversation with someone about a group, or community, or "race", that you don't feel you're a part of, what the hell are you supposed to refer to them as, if terms such as "they", "you guys", "them" and so on, are "offensive".
In theory it is nice to say "don't use those terms", but in practise, what the hell do you say in those instances, if they are "taboo", especially if using terms like "aboriginal" are also deemed "offensive", as Rendell reportedly said Mifsud/Misfud told him a few years ago?
I mean I wouldn't be offended if someone from America, or New Zealand, or something, said "you guys" when referring to someone like me from Australia! What the f*** is the world coming to?
Over-sensitivity alert!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.