Not so confident now...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not so confident now...

Well thats a mess.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Friday afternoon against the Pies will be a good test for the young guns. Let's see who can stand up under some real AFL pressure. Those that do, get a guernsey against Port Adelaide. Those that don't have some more work to do before they get a game.

The team should be picked on "performance" rather than simply replacing those perceived as not being able to contribute any more.

You can blame our poor recruiting over recent years for the situation we are in.

nobhead
Club Player

SainterK wrote:No depth?

I reckon apart from perhaps fullback and ruck, our depth is OK....more so than last year anyways.

Or maybe it just seems that way to me?
agree sainterk i reckon this is first year in a long time that we have drafted good young players especialy considering where we finished on the ladder and the draft picks we had . its going to take time ,people expect miracles straight away .new coaching staff , new players comming in .and we have turned over a fair ammont of players . we will be ther abouts all going well with injuries imo

lefty
Club Player

Er our side imo has gained rather than lost from last years side. We now have more young kids, and some good mature picks which gives us more depth. The only issue is the Ruck stocks (if something goes wrong), and the backline we'll have to wait and see if Simpkin can deliver.

I think people forget we beat Carlton in the last round as well.

I like being the underdogs btw :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:No depth?

I reckon apart from perhaps fullback and ruck, our depth is OK....more so than last year anyways.

Or maybe it just seems that way to me?

agreed
ruck and back is our only probs imo

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:That looks like I'm the one making the wanky RL comment :shock:

Please correct it clarky449 :evil:
If Ross is the second coming then what is Watters???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:That looks like I'm the one making the wanky RL comment :shock:

Please correct it clarky449 :evil:
If Ross is the second coming then what is Watters???
If he can take us to the flag there'll be many comings :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Most supporters are guilty of premature judgement in the neg or pos , this is no exception.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Most supporters are guilty of premature judgement in the neg or pos , this is no exception.

Had the same problem this morning.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Most supporters are guilty of premature judgement in the neg or pos , this is no exception.

You need to stay off the AFL website :P

saintkellerm
Club Player

Like many I was excited about new coach, the new players will be getting a go...then looked at the NAB cup results, whilst it wasn't great, you can't base the year on NAB cup games. I was feeling very confident, but not so confident now. I went in this competition where you predict the ladder at the end of the year and I had us just scraping into the 8, however I am hopeful that we do better then what I think. You can't gauge a team until at least 8-10 rounds into the season, still gotta be hopeful....hey I barrack for the saints....its what we live for...hoping, wishing, praying, for that next premiership!

Go Saints!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You need to stay off the AFL website :P

That's being disraspectful to Ross Lyon.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

That's being disraspectful to Ross Lyon.

na, na cancel that...I meant Rossy....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

There is genuine cause for concern with our preseason form, particularly the common denominators, difficulty in scoring, contested ball and in defence where big ruckman have provided great difficulty for us: Mike Pike, Cox/Natinui and although Cloke isn't a ruckman he's the size of a ruckman.

However, there has also been a noticeable lack of intensity, which creates all of the above problems and more. Intensity is a matter of attitude, so the question is, will the intensity be there when the real stuff starts or is there a problem between the ears?

There are also structural issues, for a start serious consideration needs to be given to playing Riewoldt out of the square or indeed at CHB.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:There is genuine cause for concern with our preseason form, particularly the common denominators, difficulty in scoring, contested ball and in defence where big ruckman have provided great difficulty for us: Mike Pike, Cox/Natinui and although Cloke isn't a ruckman he's the size of a ruckman.

However, there has also been a noticeable lack of intensity, which creates all of the above problems and more. Intensity is a matter of attitude, so the question is, will the intensity be there when the real stuff starts or is there a problem between the ears?

There are also structural issues, for a start serious consideration needs to be given to playing Riewoldt out of the square or indeed at CHB.
When was Mike Pyke a great difficulty?

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

dragit wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:There is genuine cause for concern with our preseason form, particularly the common denominators, difficulty in scoring, contested ball and in defence where big ruckman have provided great difficulty for us: Mike Pike, Cox/Natinui and although Cloke isn't a ruckman he's the size of a ruckman.

When was Mike Pyke a great difficulty?
He was marking everything down forward in our NAB Cup game, can't recall if he finished off, but he was creating all sorts of problems for our defence aerially.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I thought Cripps, Siposs and Ledger actually got us going last year. Reckon if those three can stay injury free we should be alright, myself. We're looking at Loewe, Burke and Harvs reprise. And hey, we've already got a Winmar!
Spoke with Milera and Peake today. Milera is really champing at the bit to play against his old mates at Port. He said that he's really hoping that he will get the opportunity and if he does he will really give it his all. :D

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.