Squad game 2 v Bombers in Wang

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Re: Squad game 2 v Bombers in Wang

Don't worry about Crocker, Immediately after I saw him in the Nab cup last year I knew he would need at least 2 Full pre-seasons before we would see him.

I have a feeling he could be the Montagna of the new crop

Who if you remember was kinda forgotten because at the time we had a young Roo, Kosi, Dal, Ball etc who looked like they were light years ahead

I think he is definitely worth persisting with, that kick of his is superb !(I would rate him the 5th best kick on our list)

Joey took about 4-5 years to play regular senior football, but is now considered elite and has 2(?) all Australians to show for it

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Sick Nal Danto wrote:Don't worry about Crocker, Immediately after I saw him in the Nab cup last year I knew he would need at least 2 Full pre-seasons before we would see him.

Who if you remember was kinda forgotten because at the time we had a young Roo, Kosi, Dal, Ball etc who looked like they were light years ahead

I think he is definitely worth persisting with, that kick of his is superb !(I would rate him the 5th best kick on our list)

Joey took about 4-5 years to play regular senior football, but is now considered elite and has 2(?) all Australians to show for it
good call

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

With Kosi and Saad withdrawn from the squad, do we know who has replaced them?
Apologies if this has already been posted.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

millarsaint wrote:
Sick Nal Danto wrote:Don't worry about Crocker, Immediately after I saw him in the Nab cup last year I knew he would need at least 2 Full pre-seasons before we would see him.

good call
Agree, I thought I read Scotty talking up both Crocker and Markworth after the intraclub match can anyone confirm this?

I reckon Crocker will come good maybe just needs more time, wont be giving up on him thars for sure

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
defacto
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:

good call
he will atleast need to start playing regular senior vfl footy

avid
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:With Kosi and Saad withdrawn from the squad, do we know who has replaced them?
Apologies if this has already been posted.
Looks like Winmar and Shenton are in.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm not worried, I was only joking. Looks like the one I was expecting to take the bait took it awfully quickly and easily, though! :lol: :sarcasm:
I have high hopes for him after seing him in the NAB Cup last year and someone with a boot like that ought to be given every chance. From what I've seen he's possibly the 3rd or 4th best kick on our list, I reckon. A weapon of a boot (at least over a long distance, haven't seen enough over shorter distances to make a definitive call on that).
As I said last year though, he played junior footy in the same comps as my nephew and apparently he was not someone who many there expected to get drafted, (unlike Libba and Wallis, who went to the same school as him and were widely regarded as "guns", from a long way out) so time will tell if he gets enough of the footy to make it in the AFL. In the juniors he was apparently just known for his massive kick and ability to take the odd hanger, so he obviously didn't dominate too many game there or anything. Hopefully that has changed/will changed. If it has or does, we could have a ripper on our hands.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sat 03 Mar 2012 3:27pm, edited 3 times in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

'Your List'

Who you gunning for mate

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Sorry dude, that's what's called a typo, so you can relax! I hadn't read over it properly before submitting it, but when I added a bit more, a few mins ago, I noticed it and corrected it. And you can relax, I wasn't referring to you.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

lol, I'm pretty relaxed was just confused

I'm not one of the hotheads floating around here (seems to be quite a few)

:D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:

I'm not worried, I was only joking. Looks like the one I was expecting to take the bait took it awfully quickly and easily, though! :lol: :sarcasm:
I have high hopes for him after seing him in the NAB Cup last year and someone with a boot like that ought to be given every chance. From what I've seen he's possibly the 3rd or 4th best kick on our list, I reckon. A weapon of a boot (at least over a long distance, haven't seen enough over shorter distances to make a definitive call on that).
As I said last year though, he played junior footy in the same comps as my nephew and apparently he was not someone who many there expected to get drafted, (unlike Libba and Wallis, who went to the same school as him and were widely regarded as "guns") so time will tell if he gets enough of the footy to make it in the AFL. In the juniors he was apparently just known for his massive kick and ability to take the odd hanger, so he obviously didn't dominate too many game there or anything. Hopefully that has changed/will changed.

The sad thing is we know from how you post that you actually meant it but arent strong enough to stick with what you said. Lenny played badly last week. Surely he should have been dropped this week. Quality stuff.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 03 Mar 2012 2:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:What happended to playing the kids - that didn't last long did it !

I wonder if the clubs financial pressures have mounted and the coaching staff have been asked to have a real crack at the NAB title.

I bet if we lose to the Bombers (then cant win NAB) the following week playing WCE in Perth we will roll out the Saints reserves team.

Very predictable Scotty and no different to your predecessor !
Yeah, there weren't even many kids playing last week.

Looking at the squad I can only see two genuine "kids" - Cripps and Ledger (both second year players).

I don't cound Saad and Milera as kids - both mature age.

I didn't expect many kids to be playing come round 1, but I did expect more to be playing at this stage of the year.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Add Siposs and Winmar to that list, both have played 5 games or less