Ross Lyon on The Couch this Monday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon on The Couch this Monday

crippa2sipa wrote:
SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Anyway if the guy didn't want to be at the Saints why bother?

We have Scot Watter now, and we should move on.
This I agree with
Forgive me for saying so (it's just an observation), but your continuing need to invent theories as to why Ross left and his supposed psychological motivation for doing this or that suggests to me that you have not moved on at all.

As to your later post, I am not the poster who spoke to Joffaboy.
You're forgiven, and for the record...I was agreeing with the context of him not wanting to be at the Saints so why bother.

I am perfectly OK myself in continuing to talk about it, it's pretty recent, and I must admit to being quite curious about it all.

It's not inventing theories as much as discussion....you don't think a thread 'Ross Lyon on the couch this Monday' lends itself to a bit of curiosity mingled with the 'I wonder why' ?

Football forums are afterall, pretty much opinions and a bit of hot air.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

We'll see how good he really is.

He's had 2 pretty good lists now, if he doesn't win a flag at Freo he may as well be Rocket Eade.

... or Terry Wallace.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:We'll see how good he really is.

He's had 2 pretty good lists now, if he doesn't win a flag at Freo he may as well be Rocket Eade.

... or Terry Wallace.
Haha - he'll never be Rocket Eade (thank God). Ross's wife is so much better looking!

crippa2sipa
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
I am curious, why didn't he say to Michael, I am only going to sign the contract we have been negotiating and not this modified version?

Did one persons actions hurt him that badly, that he was forced to walk out on the club and players?
There were lies and deception before this.
This was simply the last straw that broke the camel's back.

The contract was already in force, by the way.
No signature was necessary to make it enforceable in a court of law.
So there was a legally enforceable contract and Nettlefold broke it - in a very sneaky and underhand way.
Once he did that, it wasn't the terms Ross was concerned with anymore.
It was working with a CEO who had shown himself to be someone no honest man could ever trust again.

I assure you that Jesus Christ himself, had he barracked for St Kilda, would have done no less than what Ross did on that day.
Maybe he'd have done more - like make the gory details more widely known than they currently are.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Broke it how?

What was so offensive, or it was simply that he did?

I still find it hard to beleive that he'd leave because of Nettlefold, I mean no offence to the position, but he is only the CEO....many more people that make up a football club.

Pretty confident quite alot of AFL CEO's are dishonest, including the one that got rid of Mark Harvey in pretty awful circumstances, that he now aligns himself with.

Are you confident this was the reason for his departure, or just one of the?

PJ
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:We will see a very intelligent man talk. KNows what he is saying. Freo are lucky to have him.
Both points are correct but I'm still glad he's gone.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I dont like Ross and I dont have a reason. Something about him thats all...but what I can say is that insiders at the club dont blame him for leaving, far from it - the board stuffed up. Saying that, personally Im happy that hes gone. The club and Ross needed change IMO.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Broke it how?

What was so offensive, or it was simply that he did?

I still find it hard to beleive that he'd leave because of Nettlefold, I mean no offence to the position, but he is only the CEO....many more people that make up a football club.

Pretty confident quite alot of AFL CEO's are dishonest, including the one that got rid of Mark Harvey in pretty awful circumstances, that he now aligns himself with.

Are you confident this was the reason for his departure, or just one of the?
No offence SainterK but that is very unrealistic and it is perfectly normal for RL to want to leave under those circumstances if that is all true.

Like most I was pretty p!ssed when Lyon vacated and so far so good and I hope we have landed on our feet but I'm just very curious. So can anyone please answer this?

What was MN motive for acting this way and did MN really want Lyon to stay?

Was Lyon put out by the Pelchen appointment?

Doe anyone really expect Lyon and his camp to say anything different in order to cover his own arse?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I dont like Ross and I dont have a reason. Something about him thats all...but what I can say is that insiders at the club dont blame him for leaving, far from it - the board stuffed up. Saying that, personally Im happy that hes gone. The club and Ross needed change IMO.
Ok. Fair enough but everyone is missing the point big time and this why it should have been raised at the Annual General Meeting...

Lets say the board stuffed up in letting St Kilda's second most successful coach leave, and maybe just maybe due to pot luck, we have landed a very good coach.

What is to say than in three, five years whatever a team like West Coast does not come along and do the same thing and pinch our coach? Have the board and management learned anything from this and what are they going to do in the future to ensure that a stuff up like this does not happen again?

I'm probably being idealistic in raising this at all because I reckon that the answer is that they have learned a big fat ZERO...ZILTCH....

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

They're not going to come out and take the blame, too much pride amongst other things. However I reckon lessons were learnt.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Was Lyon put out by the Pelchen appointment?
Not enough to prevent him from entering into a contract with us - which he did, despite having got the call from Freo. But yes, there were lies and deception surrounding the Pelchen appointment.
SaintPav wrote:Doe anyone really expect Lyon and his camp to say anything different in order to cover his own arse?
If Ross had the remotest interest in "covering his own arse", he'd have leaked the facts to the media a long time ago.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

So Mr Lyon-lover, can you explain the deplorable coaching of your messiah during his final game with us vs Sydney?

Fair Dinkum get a clue mate. Lyon was a disgrace and embarrassment to our club in his final game. I guess your messiah was
too preoccupied with signing his Freo contract. Looking at it that way, it makes sense.

A coach with any ethics and quality as a person would not have put in a quarter arsed effort like Tosser did that night.[/quote]
You should have your forum posting privelege banished. Honestly. Fair Dinkum Football Nimbats.
First about the Cricket and now Football.
We lost the final because the players were finished, they had nothing to give. Sydney were too good for us. When a team is better then that team usually win. Simple game really.
Some Supporters seem to be the only one with a problem with Ross. I mean, why call him Tosser. Are you 5? or just a clueless nimbat? Players seem to be fine with what has happened and understand the situation. But i guess you know better.[/quote]

Nimbats! Lol. You still seem to think people with differing opinions to yours are idiots.

Some supporters will be watching hoping he gets a grilling about how he left St Kilda, loyalty, retiring players etc. Others, like yourself, will be beside themselves, listening intensly, in orr of the great man.

Make sure you keep a towell handy.[/quote]
Ofcourse not. Although some opinions are just imbecilic and should be kept to themselves.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I genuinely think Lyon was an excellent coach. But I also think his style has a limited life span with a single group.
So I think his time was up with us (we were done like a dinner by the end of 2011 as people have pointed out with our our insipid performance in the final. As Christian Bale said "we are done").

In the end it has worked well for all parties. The Dockers will be better this year and we will be better.
I see us and the Dockers around the 4-6 mark. Both improvers from 2011.

St Lenny
Club Player

I dont have a problem with what Lyin did, its the way he did it. He lied to everyone, is that the mark of a man? Lied to St Kilda, by misleading them and negotiating a new contract. Lied to Melbourne, let them believe they had a chance of getting him. Lied to Misson, said they would go to Melb together. And lied to his own Management. All this led to Mark Harvey being dumped when he thought he was safe. Not Lyins lie, but he was ruthless and didnt care. So if people think that is ok, well, my ethics are different from yours. He can rot in hell and I wont be watching him on Monday night.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:I dont have a problem with what Lyin did, its the way he did it. He lied to everyone, is that the mark of a man? Lied to St Kilda, by misleading them and negotiating a new contract. Lied to Melbourne, let them believe they had a chance of getting him. Lied to Misson, said they would go to Melb together. And lied to his own Management. All this led to Mark Harvey being dumped when he thought he was safe. Not Lyins lie, but he was ruthless and didnt care. So if people think that is ok, well, my ethics are different from yours. He can rot in hell and I wont be watching him on Monday night.
Make me laugh you Footy Nimbat. Honestly some supporters need to see someone.
"He can rot in hell". What a stupid thing to say, he coached a football team. What because he left the saints you want him to burn in hell. This is getting beyond a joke. People take football way way way to seriously, where it is just unhealthy. So of course it is all Lyons fault. The club is so perfect, they would never do something wrong.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone think it's ironic that this has so many sub plots similar to the Luke Ball situation?

We just need to use the word untenable a little bit more.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Does anyone think it's ironic that this has so many sub plots similar to the Luke Ball situation?

can of worms that one!
i cetainly have no ill will to lyon. everyone has moved on for the best. and i wont be surprised to see the dockers high on the ladder. he was good for us overall but did make a few stuff ups. noone is perfect.

St Lenny
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
St Lenny wrote:I dont have a problem with what Lyin did, its the way he did it. He lied to everyone, is that the mark of a man? Lied to St Kilda, by misleading them and negotiating a new contract. Lied to Melbourne, let them believe they had a chance of getting him. Lied to Misson, said they would go to Melb together. And lied to his own Management. All this led to Mark Harvey being dumped when he thought he was safe. Not Lyins lie, but he was ruthless and didnt care. So if people think that is ok, well, my ethics are different from yours. He can rot in hell and I wont be watching him on Monday night.
"He can rot in hell". What a stupid thing to say, he coached a football team. What because he left the saints you want him to burn in hell. This is getting beyond a joke. People take football way way way to seriously, where it is just unhealthy. So of course it is all Lyons fault. The club is so perfect, they would never do something wrong.
Well shame on me for having an opinion :roll: Maybe you should read what I said properly, because no where did I say that because he left the saints I want him to burn in hell. I just dont like liars.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Well shame on me for having an opinion :roll: Maybe you should read what I said properly, because no where did I say that because he left the saints I want him to burn in hell. I just dont like liars.
Why do you want him to burn in hell then? Because you think he lied?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote: I assure you that Jesus Christ himself, had he barracked for St Kilda, would have done no less than what Ross did on that day.
Maybe he'd have done more - like make the gory details more widely known than they currently are.
Maybe he could walk on Watters

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
crippa2sipa
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote: I assure you that Jesus Christ himself, had he barracked for St Kilda, would have done no less than what Ross did on that day.
Maybe he could walk on Watters
Haha! ...There is that teansy weansy worry in the back of our minds I daresay...

PJ
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SainterK wrote:Does anyone think it's ironic that this has so many sub plots similar to the Luke Ball situation?

can of worms that one!
i cetainly have no ill will to lyon. everyone has moved on for the best. and i wont be surprised to see the dockers high on the ladder. he was good for us overall but did make a few stuff ups. noone is perfect.
Can't argue with much of that

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure if he was still with us the sun would shine from you know where, I understand the bitterness but keep it real.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

65% winning record at our club speaks for himself. The overwhelming majority of Saints fans did not want him to leave.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:65% winning record at our club speaks for himself. The overwhelming majority of Saints fans did not want him to leave.
60%