Footage of Jay LEVER / Jordan STALEY

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Footage of Jay LEVER / Jordan STALEY

I finally found some footage of Jay LEVER playing for Vic Country in the U18 Championships. He is Number 24 and I must apologise to the lad he is a lot more athletic than I envisaged. His closing speed and defensive pressure are great for his height and if he can add some size - I will be proven wrong.

If you look at Clay SMITH's Youtube video you can see a bit more of Jay throughout that also.

Also sighted in the above is Jordan STALEY wearing No 39 Vic Country ! I must say Jordan looks the more likley ruckman.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Footage of Jay LEVER / Jordan STALEY

Jay isn't as scrawny as I imagined and a good height. Shame he doesn't ruck as well as his height would suggest. He may be that Kosi, Kruezer, Josh Frazer type that is hard to work out an ideal role for.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Potential defender?

I loved that kick out of defence towards the end, also there was a handpass under pressure, both good vision.

Quite a worker, thanks for posting.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:I finally found some footage of Jay LEVER playing for Vic Country in the U18 Championships. He is Number 24 and I must apologise to the lad he is a lot more athletic than I envisaged. His closing speed and defensive pressure are great for his height and if he can add some size - I will be proven wrong.

If you look at Clay SMITH's Youtube video you can see a bit more of Jay throughout that also.

Also sighted in the above is Jordan STALEY wearing No 39 Vic Country ! I must say Jordan looks the more likley ruckman.

Yes, well let’s just hope your prediction in the other thread, particularly the last bit, doesn’t come true! :x
WinnersOnly wrote:OH and LEVER will become the next the James WALL or Blake McGrath! ! He is not a ruckman and doesn't have the frame to play AFL and never will - a poor selection in my opinion! Mark my words he will spend 5 years on the list going no where after having two knee reco's.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The story goes that (Lever) he was playing tall defender and was considered a potential top 10 pick. He was moved into an unfamiliar ruck role where confidence and unfamiliarity saw his stocks plummet. He claims his athletic ability is a strength so ruck didn't allow his talents to be shown at carnival/ combine level. He might be more Kruezer (hopefully minus the knee reco) than Mc Grath.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

gringo wrote:The story goes that (Lever) he was playing tall defender and was considered a potential top 10 pick. He was moved into an unfamiliar ruck role where confidence and unfamiliarity saw his stocks plummet. He claims his athletic ability is a strength so ruck didn't allow his talents to be shown at carnival/ combine level. He might be more Kruezer (hopefully minus the knee reco) than Mc Grath.
Yeah, Vic country didn't have any real Ruck Stocks so just put in tall blokes :(

Is 86kgs, So will need 10 kgs at least if he is to play senior level

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226202952558

"He was the Falcons' best player with the ball in his hands," (former coach) Greaves said. "He makes fantastic decisions and has amazing agility for someone that size.

"When I first got told I was being put in the ruck I thought, 'This could be interesting'. "

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im glad we got lever.

with lever and staley (throw in wilkes, ferg and stanley) - our stocks of tall timber arent that bad.

be nice if simplin was 2cm taller. put him on the rack!