would this get you to Shop there?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

would this get you to Shop there?

Chadstone that is
Saints in-store appearance;
For a real Christmas treat, why not pop along to Ted Baker at Chadstone THIS Saturday 17 December to meet St Kilda players Nick Dal Santo and Sam Gilbert.

Two to the Club’s most stylish players will be in-store from 10:30am until 12noon to meet Saints supporters and provide hints on what’s hot this summer.

Date: Saturday 17 December
Time: 10:30am - 12noon
Where: Ted Baker, Chadstone
I have an aversion to large shopping centres
I have an aversion to large crowds ( ok A football crowd I can cope atleast with my seat I can see :wink: )
I have an aversion to people going overboard on shopping and leaving their manners at home

so I think I'll leave it to someone who lives closer to go and support the boys......

BTW do people realise there is a FREE transport service from Fed Square to Chadstone which doubles at this time of the year. leaves from the Russell street end of Fed Square, at least that would eliminate the Carpark crowd.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Chaddy this close to xmas?

No thanks :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Chaddy this close to xmas?

No thanks :)
Yep, too far from Geelong.

I'll just wait for Gilbo to post some photos of the event :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the place at this time of the year is an absolute farking nightmare. i lost my car there this time last year. Don't go, i highly recommend not going.
Anyway Ted Baker is nothing special, just another overpriced average clothing store.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Id consider it if I could actually get a suit for under $500

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:the place at this time of the year is an absolute farking nightmare. i lost my car there this time last year. Don't go, i highly recommend not going.
Anyway Ted Baker is nothing special, just another overpriced average clothing store.
You've just got to know where to go. It's been my favourite shopping centre (is about 12 mins from where I grew up and just a couple of mins from where I went to secondary school) for years and if you know where to park, you can get one, even on the busiest day there.
I went there last year on Christmas Eve and while most of the carparks would have been chocka's, with cars probably circling for ages, the one I went straight down to had it's usual 30+ empty spots, within 100m of an entrance. All up, it took me about 4 mins from driving in off Warragul Rd to being in the guts of the centre. And it's the same every time I go there, no matter how busy.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You gonna share APS? :)

Rosco
Club Player

I'm guessing the bottom floor of the carpark next to David Jones or the bottom of the carpark next to jb hifi. Probably David Jones though.

Rosco
Club Player

Or maccas ;)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:You gonna share APS? :)
That would be like telling the masses where a brilliant surfing spot is. It's only brilliant because hardly anyone knows about it and it isn't crowded. Once everyone finds out about it and it goes from a peaceful, natural place, to a busy, crowded place, where you have to fight 15 others for the same wave, it's no longer what made it so good!

I PM'ed you the directions.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 15 Dec 2011 1:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Rosco wrote:I'm guessing the bottom floor of the carpark next to David Jones or the bottom of the carpark next to jb hifi. Probably David Jones though.
They may be good spots and the very first part of what you said applies for where I'm talking about, but the one I'm referring to is on the opposite side of the centre. Closer to the main Warragul Rd entrance. It's one of the carparks that's been there for years and years and is deep under the centre and a hell of a lot closer to the guts of the centre than Maccas!
If you were going to park as far away as Maccas you might as well park in the tennis court/ovals carpark, off Chadstone Rd, which is just a short (500m) walk from the JB and Borders entrances (across the ovals and through the side gate, opposite the JB carpark).
The one I'm referring to brings you into the centre smack bang between the main front entrance to Myer and the lower level food court (opposite where the AFL store used to be). You can be sitting in the lower level food court (the better one, IMO) within about 5mins (slightly more, if you get stopped at the lights, on the way in) of driving in off Warragul Rd, on basically any day of the year (even Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, in my experience). It could easily take me much longer to find a park (and I could easily be further away) at my local shipping centre on those days than it does at Chaddy!

St Lenny
Club Player

OMG you Victorians dont know how lucky you are to have those opportunities. Everyone always bitching and moaning about access to players and when its given, oh, to many people. Are you ever happy?

Wonder if Collingwood supporters would have the same attitude or have Saints supporters become to precious.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

St Lenny wrote:OMG you Victorians dont know how lucky you are to have those opportunities. Everyone always bitching and moaning about access to players and when its given, oh, to many people. Are you ever happy?

Wonder if Collingwood supporters would have the same attitude or have Saints supporters become to precious.
Have you ever been to Chaddy near Christmas time?

Nothing could get me there!!!!!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:OMG you Victorians dont know how lucky you are to have those opportunities. Everyone always bitching and moaning about access to players and when its given, oh, to many people. Are you ever happy?

I dont think anyone is having a go at the club for them being at Chadstone they are just saying they wouldnt go and see them there at this time of year and I certainly agree.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm happy. And I wouldn't have a problem with going there this close to Christmas. I don't mind the crowds there (they're nothing like trying to get out of Etihad, or over the bridge, after a game, when there's a big crowd!), although it would be a different story if I had to drive around for half an hour to find a park, in the heat and then had a long walk to get in there. But as I said, that's not even remotely necessary.
I agree that there is a fair bit of softness going on in this thread, though. :D
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 15 Dec 2011 3:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
I'm happy. And I wouldn't have a problem with going there this close to Christmas. I don't mind the crowds, although it would be a different story if I had to drive around for half an hour to find a park, in the heat and then had a long walk to get in there. But as I said, that's not even remotely necessary.
Drive around in the heat, come on its Melourne. Just wait 5 minutes :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Rosco
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:
I'm happy. And I wouldn't have a problem with going there this close to Christmas. I don't mind the crowds, although it would be a different story if I had to drive around for half an hour to find a park, in the heat and then had a long walk to get in there. But as I said, that's not even remotely necessary.
I'll take variability over persistent humidity or flooding ;)

Rosco
Club Player

Rosco wrote:I'm guessing the bottom floor of the carpark next to David Jones or the bottom of the carpark next to jb hifi. Probably David Jones though.
They may be good spots and the very first part of what you said applies for where I'm talking about, but the one I'm referring to is on the opposite side of the centre. Closer to the main Warragul Rd entrance. It's one of the carparks that's been there for years and years and is deep under the centre and a hell of a lot closer to the guts of the centre than Maccas!
If you were going to park as far away as Maccas you might as well park in the tennis court/ovals carpark, off Chadstone Rd, which is just a short (500m) walk from the JB and Borders entrances (across the ovals and through the side gate, opposite the JB carpark).
The one I'm referring to brings you into the centre smack bang between the main front entrance to Myer and the lower level food court (opposite where the AFL store used to be). You can be sitting in the lower level food court (the better one, IMO) within about 5mins (slightly more, if you get stopped at the lights, on the way in) of driving in off Warragul Rd, on basically any day of the year (even Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, in my experience). It could easily take me much longer to find a park (and I could easily be further away) at my local shipping centre on those days than it does at Chaddy!
Oh yeah, I know the area you're talking about. I'm about a 2 min drive from chadstone but still head to southland instead on weekends.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

It's amazing, you go to that spot on even the busiest of days and there are spaces galore near the corner, within 100m of the shops, when there would be others driving around for ages upstairs, going out of their minds looking for a spot! It's like an oasis in the desert. :lol:
What's Southland like now, I haven't been there for a fair while? And what takes you there over Chaddy, if you live so close to Chaddy?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:
Yes, it is Melbourne, the place with the highest recorded temperature of any of Australia's capital cities. :wink: (Also reportedly the hottest recorded temperature on Earth that day, BTW.)
The place that, according to the channel 9 news, a couple of years ago, (on the last day of that summer, when they were giving their summer weather-wrap) had had 12 days over 35deg for the summer, compared to one for Brisbane and none at all for Sydney that summer (we then had another heatwave a few weeks later, probably taking it to 15, compared to 1 for the other two combined). It gets HOT here. It's just that it also gets cold in the winter (but then again, we don't have the humidity) and as you suggest, it can change quickly, but that just makes things interesting!

Siposstar#2
Club Player

PleAse pm me APS?? I'm heading there soon

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Bless I have been looking for a secret spot for chaddy for ages - I have one for Southland but Chaddy has always eluded me :)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

No worries, glad to help.
I won't be so happy if I rock up there on a really busy day, only to see no spaces and lots of cars there with St Kilda bumper stickers, though! :lol:
We might have to call it the Moorabbin Wing of the Myer underground carpark!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Don't any of you people shop at shopping strips? Where at least you can get variety in your shopping experience.............. and often find goods still made in Australia. Melbourne has some of the best strip shopping around. Even beats a lot of the High streets in UK and Europe in their suburban areas.

Shopping Centres usually only have same old, same old chain stores, ad nauseum.

Remember variety is the spice of life. Leave your cars at home, Catch public transport. Spice up your lives and strip shop :wink: :wink:

Then again I guess if Sainters are there it's worth a trip to a dullsville shopping centre............each to their own me s'poses :wink:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Chaddy is pretty monstrous, though, so there is a fair bit of variety, although I usually stop in there for the food courts, on my way home from somewhere else, especially if it's near closing time.
Most of those good strip areas are a lot closer to the city than I usually care to venture to these days, though, especially if I go to them by car. And "made in Australia"? :? What's that?