Draw a Line in the Sand: 2012 Saints Membership TVC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Lenny
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Very impressed!

Well put together, appropriate music, the vision is really good quality.

Nice work on getting Eric, been suggesting that for years 8-)
Riding on the coat tails of St Kilda ah Sainter K with your long awaited annointing....................... love it, go Gears :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Aint going to get 50,000. We will struggle to get 40,000. I wish the club would stop making these impossible numbers.

who gives a f*** what you think,troll.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
What on earth is wrong with you? How am i a troll. Because i dont think the sun shines out of the club. Realist, i think the word is. Please see a psychologist about your anger. It isnt healthy. Have a nice day friend.
and i hope yours turns to s***....ps...i'm not your friend and never will be

...i see another poster has also summed you up.... :twisted:
I stand by my comment. I am worried for your mental health. Just be strong, let the peace and happiness overcome the pain and darkness that surrounds you. Im quite sad that you said "Im not your friend", i was just about to invite you over for some cookies and tea.

nothing wrong with my health clown...mental or anything else.....you picked a fight with me...now you will live by the consequences.....you ignore me...i will do likewise.....want to post smartarse comments on my posts???,..two can play that game....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

anyway..that's enough sidetracking of what was meant to be a positive thread....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Aint going to get 50,000. We will struggle to get 40,000. I wish the club would stop making these impossible numbers.

What on earth is wrong with you? How am i a troll. Because i dont think the sun shines out of the club. Realist, i think the word is. Please see a psychologist about your anger. It isnt healthy. Have a nice day friend.

I stand by my comment. I am worried for your mental health. Just be strong, let the peace and happiness overcome the pain and darkness that surrounds you. Im quite sad that you said "Im not your friend", i was just about to invite you over for some cookies and tea.

nothing wrong with my health clown...mental or anything else.....you picked a fight with me...now you will live by the consequences.....you ignore me...i will do likewise.....want to post smartarse comments on my posts???,..two can play that game....
Yeah most people believe they are fine. I picked a fight with you? Oh you think that is a fight, you must really be weak minded. Two can play the game but 1 person is usually a lot better.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:

You actually stated it. Alzheimer's is kicking in again. Its a very sad disease.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:

You actually stated it. Alzheimer's is kicking in again. Its a very sad disease.
It is sad, I know he has been saying some mean stuff but i cant help but feel sorry for him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stinger
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:

It is sad, I know he has been saying some mean stuff but i cant help but feel sorry for him.
you want to be careful who you associate with... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yes, yes - fascinating stuff :roll:

Anyways, I reckon the ad's terrific!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Well anyway, the launch was nice.

Had a photo with Scotty and had a chat with Georgie Day from the Heritage Museum. The museum will be open for the Moorabbin training session on December 20.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintSimmo
Club Player

soooooo....anyone seen it on tv yet? :D

Sainter for life.
sainter27
Club Player

I am the biggest fan of what has happened at our club since Scotty took over, and I love the idea and execution of the ad, but the membership catchline is terrible, 'draw a line in the sand'. I know the beach area from Port Melb to Frankston is our target mebership area. I also understand that we are a footy club, and we have to be competative but given all the positives coming from the club and all the excitement about the future, it is a letdown of a catchcry to attract members. The whole matra since Scotty took over was 'open, receptive, vibrant'. A complete off-field revolution from Rossy. Nick gave a speech about Us Vs Them last year. In reality a line in the sand. You are with us, or against us. You may say it is a catchcry given our target and impressive ad, and it is an impressive ad, but surely they could have come up with a much better slogan. The club always seem to paint themselves as a club trying to fit in, and be up to AFL footy, but never really comfortable with themselves. This may seem very minor, and in the scheme of things it is, but this popular coach 'catchcry' is the only disappointing thing that has come out of our great club recently. I love this idea to promote and sell our club, and while we need to be tough and demand the highest standards, we cannot afford to proport ourselves in an us against them mentality, when all that has been coming from the club since Scotty was appointed has been the exact opposite.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

looks alright huh

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:looks alright huh
That would wanna be a pretty small bag of popcorn matrix.

Thing only goes for 45 seconds :wink:

Megsie
Club Player

Great ad. very professional.

Aim high saints we CAN get 50,000 members if not this yr. then very soon.

Go saints......This ERA hasn't ended just yet.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:soooooo....anyone seen it on tv yet? :D
anyone ask when it was going to be on?

anyone listen to Michael n on AW tonight?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Isn't there some serious disconnect here with all these membership targets?

Each year the bar is set a little bit higher. Collingwood on 70,000 and pushing towards 100,000. Saints trying to get to 50,000. The Pies play at a stadium that holds about 97,000 and we play at a stadium that holds about 45,000. And of course all games involve 2 teams.

Memberships are mainly sold to those who want to go watch their side each week. How many people are going to sign up when the membership no longer guarantees you'll be able to see all your club's home games?

Or am I missing something? :?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

healy giving it too us as we type
saying that we have lockouts when we are saying we are open to the public
someone ringing in saying that he rang the club asking for when the next open training session is so his die hard son can go and he was told to ring the next day
rang the next day and it had started at 10am that day
wasnt happy reckons the clu bare saying theyre doing open sessions but actually doing locked sessions

blah blah whine

drugs perhaps?
stupidity??

seem to be able to find out about training sessions on here no probs

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

That's crap IMO, the club has been doing everything right in regards to this kind of stuff recently...

Even had posters on here telling us they've watched unadvertised ones!

Why didn't he give St Kilda heaps when the security guards were ushering people away?

The 10am session they are talking about was probably an unadvertised one, as everyone so far as been 9.30

Fair?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:healy giving it too us as we type
saying that we have lockouts when we are saying we are open to the public
someone ringing in saying that he rang the club asking for when the next open training session is so his die hard son can go and he was told to ring the next day
rang the next day and it had started at 10am that day
wasnt happy reckons the clu bare saying theyre doing open sessions but actually doing locked sessions

blah blah whine

drugs perhaps?
stupidity??

seem to be able to find out about training sessions on here no probs
I tried emailing them to correct them but it came back to me- Beva doing alousy job of keeping them in line
knows nothing.... Comeon beva be better than that
the gentleman who complained obviously hasn;t tried this year.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:That's crap IMO, the club has been doing everything right in regards to this kind of stuff recently...

Even had posters on here telling us they've watched unadvertised ones!

Why didn't he give St Kilda heaps when the security guards were ushering people away?

The 10am session they are talking about was probably an unadvertised one, as everyone so far as been 9.30

Fair?
given they are even advertising the closed ones now
WHy does no one query Bombers closing th club and going to qld because they don;t have a trianing home- or pies going out to a Coburg park to have a closed session,.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so did anyone hear Michael?
or we wait for podcast tomorrow.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:50,000 members!!!! :shock: :shock:
We would be lucky to get 45,000
If we get 40K it would be fantastic.
Yes hope for more but 40K members would be realistic and a record....

No Contract, No contact :shock:
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

sainter27 wrote:I am the biggest fan of what has happened at our club since Scotty took over, and I love the idea and execution of the ad, but the membership catchline is terrible, 'draw a line in the sand'. I know the beach area from Port Melb to Frankston is our target mebership area. I also understand that we are a footy club, and we have to be competative but given all the positives coming from the club and all the excitement about the future, it is a letdown of a catchcry to attract members. The whole matra since Scotty took over was 'open, receptive, vibrant'. A complete off-field revolution from Rossy. Nick gave a speech about Us Vs Them last year. In reality a line in the sand. You are with us, or against us. You may say it is a catchcry given our target and impressive ad, and it is an impressive ad, but surely they could have come up with a much better slogan. The club always seem to paint themselves as a club trying to fit in, and be up to AFL footy, but never really comfortable with themselves. This may seem very minor, and in the scheme of things it is, but this popular coach 'catchcry' is the only disappointing thing that has come out of our great club recently. I love this idea to promote and sell our club, and while we need to be tough and demand the highest standards, we cannot afford to proport ourselves in an us against them mentality, when all that has been coming from the club since Scotty was appointed has been the exact opposite.
Agree.

The catch phrase "Draw a Line in the Sand" isn't on the money. It's not a big thing, but "Draw A Line in the Sand" doesn't really sum up the mood, the vibe of the expectation of the season. Something a bit lighter, fresher, like "Saint's let loose" or "Saints off the chain" or "A New Era" or something like that would have been better, IMO.

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Each year the bar is set a little bit higher. Collingwood on 70,000 and pushing towards 100,000. Saints trying to get to 50,000. The Pies play at a stadium that holds about 97,000 and we play at a stadium that holds about 45,000. And of course all games involve 2 teams.

Memberships are mainly sold to those who want to go watch their side each week. How many people are going to sign up when the membership no longer guarantees you'll be able to see all your club's home games?

Or am I missing something?

My old man has been buying me St.Kilda Memberships for years. I never bothered to ask what they cost.

Yesterday, he asked, "guess how much the member ship was?"

I had absolutely no idea, so I thought, "Well, it cost around $22 for an adult ticket if you just rock up to the ground, we've got reserved seats for 11 home games, so 11 x 22 is around $240, plus the extra for the reserved seat is let's say $100," so I responded with the figure, " around $350?"

I was shocked to learn it was priced at around $550. How on earth do you get value for money? Price wise, your better off just buying a ticket at the ground, sure you don't get a reserved seat, but I prefer watching the game from the higher levels anyway, you get a much, much better view of the game when your above ground level. When it comes to finals, grand finals and blockbuster home and away matches, well, you've got to pre-book your seats in those cases anyway, so you can still do it.

I hate to dissuade people from buying memberships but honestly the pricing is ridiculous when you consider that it really doesn't gaurantee you anything, not even a seat at home games no that there are more members than seats at stadiums!

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:
sainter27 wrote:I am the biggest fan of what has happened at our club since Scotty took over, and I love the idea and execution of the ad, but the membership catchline is terrible, 'draw a line in the sand'. I know the beach area from Port Melb to Frankston is our target mebership area. I also understand that we are a footy club, and we have to be competative but given all the positives coming from the club and all the excitement about the future, it is a letdown of a catchcry to attract members. The whole matra since Scotty took over was 'open, receptive, vibrant'. A complete off-field revolution from Rossy. Nick gave a speech about Us Vs Them last year. In reality a line in the sand. You are with us, or against us. You may say it is a catchcry given our target and impressive ad, and it is an impressive ad, but surely they could have come up with a much better slogan. The club always seem to paint themselves as a club trying to fit in, and be up to AFL footy, but never really comfortable with themselves. This may seem very minor, and in the scheme of things it is, but this popular coach 'catchcry' is the only disappointing thing that has come out of our great club recently. I love this idea to promote and sell our club, and while we need to be tough and demand the highest standards, we cannot afford to proport ourselves in an us against them mentality, when all that has been coming from the club since Scotty was appointed has been the exact opposite.
Agree.

The catch phrase "Draw a Line in the Sand" isn't on the money. It's not a big thing, but "Draw A Line in the Sand" doesn't really sum up the mood, the vibe of the expectation of the season. Something a bit lighter, fresher, like "Saint's let loose" or "Saints off the chain" or "A New Era" or something like that would have been better, IMO.

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Or am I missing something?

My old man has been buying me St.Kilda Memberships for years. I never bothered to ask what they cost.

I had absolutely no idea, so I thought, "Well, it cost around $22 for an adult ticket if you just rock up to the ground, we've got reserved seats for 11 home games, so 11 x 22 is around $240, plus the extra for the reserved seat is let's say $100," so I responded with the figure, " around $350?"

I was shocked to learn it was priced at around $550. How on earth do you get value for money? Price wise, your better off just buying a ticket at the ground, sure you don't get a reserved seat, but I prefer watching the game from the higher levels anyway, you get a much, much better view of the game when your above ground level. When it comes to finals, grand finals and blockbuster home and away matches, well, you've got to pre-book your seats in those cases anyway, so you can still do it.

I hate to dissuade people from buying memberships but honestly the pricing is ridiculous when you consider that it really doesn't gaurantee you anything, not even a seat at home games no that there are more members than seats at stadiums!
That must be level 2 seating because you can get much cheaper membership with reserved seating. Level 3 reserved seating is only $260.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:[

I am assuming that is a concession ticket
membership for 11 games is $190 adult- $175 concession- well under price at gate and as long as you turn up early or on time you will get a seat.. given we have members who don;t turn up and have rarely gottne close to 50,000 recently at Etihad- hence we are down on gate taking and if you were to0 turn up at the MCG I am certain you could find a seat.

social club is $140

Lucky you that your father is paying for you if it is not youth or concession

and if you like level 3 then apart from the first 7 rows you can sit for free
or if you want the first rowsit's only $70

so 11 games - 190
reserved lv 3- 70.
social c .........140

total .............400 - > $40 per game for 11 games including socail club.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sainter27 wrote:I am the biggest fan of what has happened at our club since Scotty took over, and I love the idea and execution of the ad, but the membership catchline is terrible, 'draw a line in the sand'.
I know the beach area from Port Melb to Frankston is our target mebership area. I also understand that we are a footy club, and we have to be competative but given all the positives coming from the club and all the excitement about the future, it is a letdown of a catchcry to attract members.
The whole matra since Scotty took over was 'open, receptive, vibrant'. A complete off-field revolution from Rossy.
Nick gave a speech about Us Vs Them last year. In reality a line in the sand. You are with us, or against us.
You may say it is a catchcry given our target and impressive ad, and it is an impressive ad, but surely they could have come up with a much better slogan.
The club always seem to paint themselves as a club trying to fit in, and be up to AFL footy, but never really comfortable with themselves. This may seem very minor, and in the scheme of things it is, but this popular coach 'catchcry' is the only disappointing thing that has come out of our great club recently.
I love this idea to promote and sell our club, and while we need to be tough and demand the highest standards,
we cannot afford to proport ourselves in an us against them mentality, when all that has been coming from the club since Scotty was appointed has been the exact opposite.
see I don't read it that way at all- unlike the Pies catchcry which is actually 'Us against them"
I read this as a call to supporters- and not in line with the team type 'line in the sand ' calls ala Essendon and Tigers re games etc
but more a call to say- this is our club and we can be part of making it better- being the future.. letting the past go and moving on...

but that is a part of any advertising lingo- everyone will see it differantly and read it with a differant emotion

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY