another reason lyon shites me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint6709 wrote:I don't like him cause he up his own ar$e - He gives this speech saying its the 'end of an era" - He's just talking about himself - he recons its 'The Lyon Era' - He's gone - who cares _ hopefully we can play some attacking footy - The players are all still there, some very good ones coming back from injury or off a teribble year ( form and media/legal stress) and there is a chance some of the young ones might step up - I for one look forward to 2012
exactly what "era" was he crapping on about???

last time i checked we still had roo, milne, fisher, nds, joey, bj, lenny, gwilty, gilbo etc etc on our list running around and embarking on another pre-season. This era is alive and well FFS.
end of the eddy / mcqualter / dawson era

(also gardi and bakes but sad to see them go)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint6709 wrote:I don't like him cause he up his own ar$e - He gives this speech saying its the 'end of an era" - He's just talking about himself - he recons its 'The Lyon Era' - He's gone - who cares _ hopefully we can play some attacking footy - The players are all still there, some very good ones coming back from injury or off a teribble year ( form and media/legal stress) and there is a chance some of the young ones might step up - I for one look forward to 2012
exactly what "era" was he crapping on about???

last time i checked we still had roo, milne, fisher, nds, joey, bj, lenny, gwilty, gilbo etc etc on our list running around and embarking on another pre-season. This era is alive and well FFS.
If Ross said that we have another few years left many would be like yeah what is he smoking. Yes the players are still their, but the players arent the same. I look forward to 2012 but i also know that 2012 can be a even worst year then 2011 and may just be a worst year.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote: end of the eddy / mcqualter / dawson era

(also gardi and bakes but sad to see them go)
of course the famous eddy/mcqualter era! football historians will be talking about that for centuries!
:lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

+1.......judas was a dog....now he's doggone.... :wink: ..and thank god for that....

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
+1.......judas was a dog....now he's doggone.... :wink: ..and thank god for that....
Judas? Judas was a dog?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Judas? Judas was a dog?
Not sure about that, but Jeremiah was a bullfrog :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm just hoping the club will not allow too much power to one person as it did whilst Lyon was there , they didn't learn from the GT era?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I'm just hoping the club will not allow too much power to one person as it did whilst Lyon was there , they didn't learn from the GT era?
WAsh your mouth out! GT was a true Saint even if slightly misguided.never mention him in the same vein as that nameless parasite.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I'm just hoping the club will not allow too much power to one person as it did whilst Lyon was there , they didn't learn from the GT era?
WAsh your mouth out! GT was a true Saint even if slightly misguided.never mention him in the same vein as that nameless parasite.
Excellent stuff.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

It appears the point I was trying to make was lost on some...not surprising around here these days.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:It appears the point I was trying to make was lost on some...not surprising around here these days.
Nah, it's a fair point you make Firey.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Not disagreeing either, but the "in Ross we trust" brigade was maybe not limited to Saintsational, they may have seeped into positions of power within the club.We are so used to failure that any clown who wins a few in a row is annointed as the MESSIAH and not to be questioned under any circumstances!Lyon revelled in it. Who's fault, his or ours?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
The Fireman wrote:It appears the point I was trying to make was lost on some...not surprising around here these days.
Nah, it's a fair point you make Firey.
Thank god there is a Doctor in the house ;)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

must get a delete post option.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I don't normally pay attention to opposition supporters comments, but this one stood out to me yesterday

It'll be very interesting to find out whether the Saints were overachieving or underachieving under the Lyon regime, to find out if the abomination that was known as Saints' Footy was justified or not.

Fair?
What do you think? I think we overachieved. Well we certainly didnt underacheive.
It's an ignorant/dumb call beacause our game plan made us one of the hardest teams to ever score against. Our game plan wasn't about flooding.

Opposition supporters hated us because their teams couldn't score against us.

How did we ovearachive exactly? We didn't exactly win anything. We finsihed exactly were we deserved to so that is not overachieving IMO.
Well IMO we didnt have a list to finish that high but as you said due to a great game plan it allowed our list to achieve what it did. Maybe the coach overachieved.
Our list was more than good enough and a great gameplan was only part of the answer. Pies had a great game plan. So did the Hawks and even the Cats.

How do you overachieve exactly anyway? It's physically impossible.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

over achievement ...just another bulls*** catchphrase along with a myriad of business speak concocted by a bunch of wankers for wankers to use.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Re: another reason lyon shites me

Con Gorozidis wrote:people will say this is all common knowledge but it shites me how lyon took pelchens strategy not to take any talls in the draft because it was weak in talls and to get mids and get older talls (we got wilkes and they got dawson).
real knob flogging saints IP.
i know most people will say it was all common knowledge but im allowed to be peeved on this!

Let it go, man. Everyone with a grudge on RL needs to let it go, IMO. Would you prefer he had of done the right thing by the club and stayed and still be our coach, and suck the life from this club even further? He did the right thing by leaving, the right thing by himself and without doubt the right thing by us. He couldn't possibly take this team any further, and he knew it.

The way in which he left was, without to put too fine a point on it, an epic c**k-up on his part. He's done permanent damage to his own reputation and has lost the love of many football fans and media. Look at the mans face a week or so after he left, for gods sake! He looks about 20 years older and as miserable as a rainy week. He's being "punished" for his unconcealed and unabashed mercenary-like behavior naturally, Karma is seeing to it that he is being punished for misleading and outright lying to not just the club, his employers, but more significantly, for lying to his players, who trusted, respected, and, yes, loved him.

We, St.Kilda, should not waste any time holding a grudge for RL, IMO, because we have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. All the regrets and the weight of the repercussions of the decision rest firmly on Lyon's shoulders. He should be respected for his contribution to the club and welcome back at any time as the 2nd most successful coach in the history of the club (until Watters wins a flag).

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I don't normally pay attention to opposition supporters comments, but this one stood out to me yesterday

It'll be very interesting to find out whether the Saints were overachieving or underachieving under the Lyon regime, to find out if the abomination that was known as Saints' Footy was justified or not.

Fair?
The whole notion of overachieving is inherently flawed. How can you do more than you can do?

Did Lyon get more out of that list than most coaches would have?

I reckon yes, but others reckon no, and and Watters' years will give SOME indication as to just how good a coach Lyon was at St Kilda.

Lyon's years at Freo will also tell us something.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:

Fair?
The whole notion of overachieving is inherently flawed. How can you do more than you can do?

I reckon yes, but others reckon no, and and Watters' years will give SOME indication as to just how good a coach Lyon was at St Kilda.

RL sqeezed everything he could out of the list and a great game plan was a major part of this and that's why it is good he is gone and we can start fresh.

But, was it the game plan that drew us level with the filth which could have been a win with some better luck? Yep. try telling that to BJ and Lenny who nearly dragged us over the line.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's our Messiah culture.

IF Cuddles looks like a good coach, he'll be put up on a pedestal and everyone will eat off his arse.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:

Fair?

Yes..

It's the concept that externally people are going to judge RL and his tenure at St Kilda by our 2012, and in particular, if it appeared that the list was in fact capable of greatness without the 'saints footy' concept

We'll never truly know, but I thought it interesting anyway.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Fair?

Yes..

It's the concept that externally people are going to judge RL and his tenure at St Kilda by our 2012, and in particular, if it appeared that the list was in fact capable of greatness without the 'saints footy' concept

I still dont get why internally we cant just it either. I would interested how you think we went under RL.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Fair?

Yes..

You cracked it during the year and made a big deal about my avatar and I obliged you by changing it.

How come you never answer/respond to any of my questions? Comes across as a bit arrogant. Just saying.

yipper
SS Life Member

Re: another reason lyon shites me

[quote Let it go, man. Everyone with a grudge on RL needs to let it go, IMO. Would you prefer he had of done the right thing by the club and stayed and still be our coach, and suck the life from this club even further? He did the right thing by leaving, the right thing by himself and without doubt the right thing by us. He couldn't possibly take this team any further, and he knew it.

The way in which he left was, without to put too fine a point on it, an epic c**k-up on his part. He's done permanent damage to his own reputation and has lost the love of many football fans and media. Look at the mans face a week or so after he left, for gods sake! He looks about 20 years older and as miserable as a rainy week. He's being "punished" for his unconcealed and unabashed mercenary-like behavior naturally, Karma is seeing to it that he is being punished for misleading and outright lying to not just the club, his employers, but more significantly, for lying to his players, who trusted, respected, and, yes, loved him.

We, St.Kilda, should not waste any time holding a grudge for RL, IMO, because we have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. All the regrets and the weight of the repercussions of the decision rest firmly on Lyon's shoulders. He should be respected for his contribution to the club and welcome back at any time as the 2nd most successful coach in the history of the club (until Watters wins a flag).[/quote]

This. Spot on.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Sure I will let it go.The day after I see Luke Ball with 09/10 premiership medals round his neck in a Saints jumper and the dirty dog outside Ozanam house drinking from a flagon and botting smokes!!