Is it time?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Is it time?

For GT to return in some capacity.

We need an opposition analyist.

He still loves the club, and with Sammy, Wool and Max back it's back to the early noughties it seems at our club.

Thoughts?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: Is it time?

saintspremiers wrote:For GT to return in some capacity.

He still loves the club, and with Sammy, Wool and Max back it's back to the early noughties it seems at our club.

Thoughts?
How many times has a former coach who was sacked in such a manner come back to a club and accepted a lessor role?

Nah.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:

Thoughts?
How many times has a former coach who was sacked in such a manner come back to a club and accepted a lessor role?

Nah.
Ken Sheldon.

As for the OP. lol

GT's biggest critisism was his percieved lack of gameday nous. How many times did we read here after almost every loss - GT outcoached.

personally I didn't agree, but the club has moved on from Thomas and Watters needs clear air away from huge egos.

Anyway isn't there a no dickheads policy?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Anyway isn't there a no dickheads policy?
:lol: :lol:

Love to have him back at the club one day as you can't doubt his passion for the Saints. But I don't think now is the time.

If he ever was to return ... and it's unlikely ... it would be as senior coach.

For me he's in a different category to Lyin', whose papers are marked "do not touch with a 10-foot bargepole".

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thoughts?
yeah, right... :roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jays
Club Player

no way

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Guess this is a 'what if' scenario....

The only role he would be suited to is the academy one...

He made some royal mistakes regarding young injured bodies, however it wouldn't be his call this time around. What he was good at was convincing young guys of the St Kilda way, making them love him, making them want to be the best they could be....

(ducks for cover)

However this would never, ever, happen.

If he could be welcomed back in some capacity though, that he gets invited to functions, is welcome around the place, I think that would be good. He did alot of good at the club, which is sometimes forgotten amongst the other.

GT shouldn't be a bad word anymore, surely.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

Love to have him back at the club one day as you can't doubt his passion for the Saints. But I don't think now is the time.

For me he's in a different category to Lyin', whose papers are marked "do not touch with a 10-foot bargepole".
If he ever returned it is more likely as president. The chances of ever coaching again are the same as your chances or anyone else on here. None. As for RL he would be accepted back as coach in heartbeat if Watters failed and RL wanted to return.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Definite NO!

Self-righteous, self-obsessed, love using the media to vindicate his view that the club has been in shambles since his departure.

Last thing our club needs is an ego-driven ex coach with a chip on his shoulder.

Bad management is bad management
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:GT's biggest critisism was his percieved lack of gameday nous. How many times did we read here after almost every loss - GT outcoached.
Whilst I don't agree with the op - GT would often say that to take the heat off his players and the papers well integrity has never been a necessity there, they just find reasons to hound a guy they don't think.

Look beyond the obvious

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs.....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:As for RL he would be accepted back as coach in heartbeat if Watters failed and RL wanted to return.
Maybe by the players but I feel Lyin' might have a lost many of the supporters for the manner of his departure. The board that reappointed him would find itself in trouble imo.

GT for president? Now there is an interesting thought

If he was president I feel that he might appoint himself as coach.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 03 Dec 2011 9:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:As for RL he would be accepted back as coach in heartbeat if Watters failed and RL wanted to return.
Maybe by the players but I feel Lyin' might have a lost many of the supporters for the manner of his departure. The board that reappointed him woukd find itself in trouble imo.

GT for president? Now there is an interesting thought

If he was president I feel that he might appoint himself as coach.
I would think if we struggled under Watters they would soon forgive RL. Anyway. RL will never come back and hopefully we dont struggle under Watters.

linmarnic
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

If he ever returned it is more likely as president. The chances of ever coaching again are the same as your chances or anyone else on here. None. As for RL he would be accepted back as coach in heartbeat if Watters failed and RL wanted to return.
Accepted back as coach? Please tell us you are joking. Accept back a man as coach who left in such a deceitful manner? please are we such a pathetic lot that we would stoop so low?:roll:

Never give up
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Accepted back as coach? Please tell us you are joking. Accept back a man as coach who left in such a deceitful manner? please are we such a pathetic lot that we would stoop so low?:roll:
No I think we are very professional club and want the best coach available. I think unlike supporters the club dont take these things personally.

skfc17
Club Player

Hell no! I'd like to c Aussie and Alves back in some role

Carn the mighty Sainters
linmarnic
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
linmarnic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

No I think we are very professional club and want the best coach available. I think unlike supporters the club dont take these things personally.
It is not personal, it is about our values and about trust in your coach and leader. We can not accept someone back like Lyon who has deceived club, players and supporters. No matter how you rate Lyon as a coach, there will always be a breach of trust issue.

Never give up
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
linmarnic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

It is not personal, it is about our values and about trust in your coach and leader. We can not accept someone back like Lyon who has deceived club, players and supporters. No matter how you rate Lyon as a coach, there will always be a breach of trust issue.
Scott Watters is yet to coach a game at St Kilda. Ross Lyon is yet to coach a game at Fremantle.

Why are we even discussing this :? :shock:

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

GT has some great strengths. He's great at firing the boys up and getting them passionate and motivated and creating a team bond. That would be a good thing to have.

The problem with GT, from where I sit, is that he's also very, very good at making enemies, and when he was coach of our club, the enemies he made automatically became enemies of St.Kilda. I'm thinking specifically of the umpiring department. He has the ability to bring pressure onto our club with his outspoken ways, and for that reason, I'd rather he not represent the club, even though I admire his loyalty and passion and think he'd be good for the kids.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Definite contender for a president role one day.

Wouldn't mind him in the type of role David Parking had at Hawthorn or what Neil Balme has at Geelong.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bergsone
SS Life Member

No more RL ...EVER

Yes to GT