Prior Notice_ Open Training Session

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ross who?
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
yipper wrote:Rhys Stanley is training very well and he is keeping up with the leaders in the very gruelling running stuff.
I may be wrong but I recall someone reporting from the last training session suggested Rhys was having problems and really not going too well.

So this is great news. :)
What it says to me is some people have preconceived ideas whether good or bad. i doubt his training has improved that much in a week.
Rhys wasn't training with main group last week. Just did stationery drills and jogged a few laps. By the sound of it he was with the main group today. I know he was doing lots of fitness work over the players holidays and is geared up for a big 2012 after basically writing off this year.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
yipper wrote:Rhys Stanley is training very well and he is keeping up with the leaders in the very gruelling running stuff.
I may be wrong but I recall someone reporting from the last training session suggested Rhys was having problems and really not going too well.

So this is great news. :)
What it says to me is some people have preconceived ideas whether good or bad. i doubt his training has improved that much in a week.
He has been struggling in 2 sessions ive seen. I didnt see him do much running today at all, but wasnt exactly keeping eye on him the whole time. When i did see him i didnt think he looked great. Has bulked up a fair bit though, still looks like a stick though

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I went along again but dont have heaps to report.

Ray, Joey, Peake, Steven all trained with a really good intensity. Farrwn seemed really really focussed but that just could be Farren...

Lenny is just a class above imo, great seeing him up and about.

Saad is explosive on the lead and goid overhead, still a lit of development left in his skills away from his right boot imo.

I reckon Dowler is good enough, definitely doesnt look out of place (apart from his height and pasty complexion).

While Magner is smashing it fitness wise, I dont think his skills by foot are up to afl standard and would be suprised if he was rookied to be honest.

Kosi, Peakey and Schneids all real characters around the place, as well as Milney obviously.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for reports.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
yipper
SS Life Member

Just on Rhys - I saw him 2 weeks ago. He was just running laps all session. Yesterday he was in the full training group and trained hard. At the end of training the squad had to do a very gruelling running session around the outside of the oval. He was in the lead group running at strong pace all the way through. Many players dropped off the pace as it began to take its toll on the tired bodies - but Rhys just powered on. stayed with the leading group all the way. That indicates to me that he has made a committment to give it everything in 2012. Very promising. He has good upper body shape now as well so has been in the gym by the looks of it.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.