Prior Notice_ Open Training Session

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Prior Notice_ Open Training Session

If you want to try and change your working hours I hear on the grapevine there will be an open training session on Friday, Dec 9th at 9:30

edit- Mind you it does say on the website there is one also this Friday

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Was announced this morning.

EDIT: No not the 9th, its Friday December 2nd at 9.30am

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

But I want the 9th
can't make it this week

Wil cross my fingers and pray they do one per week.
I"m happy with 9.30

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Rosco
Club Player

i could do the 9th. can't do the 2nd. damnit.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Prior Notice_ Open Training Session

tony74 wrote:If you want to try and change your working hours I hear on the grapevine there will be an open training session on Friday, Dec 9th at 9:30

I'll take your word Tony as I know you have nose to the ground- Planning beginning :)
but also happy for Tuesday, or the following week :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I have to pick up something at the club and the gentleman said he would be there at the open training session Friday week at 9:30. I said you mean in 9 days and he said yes. He works for the club so it looks like we have 2 open sessions on consecutive Fridays.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:I have to pick up something at the club and the gentleman said he would be there at the open training session Friday week at 9:30. I said you mean in 9 days and he said yes. He works for the club so it looks like we have 2 open sessions on consecutive Fridays.
Well i was told a month or so ago that open trainings will be a weekly thing under Watters, so seems they are living upto that..

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Back working as of next Monday so will definitely be there, might be my last one for a very long time. Over the moon that I can cram another one in - now whats more important, the jacket or the sunscreen last time it was freezing but i somehow got burnt!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Rosco
Club Player

cool, hopefully there will be one next week as i will be off work. will take my 3 year old down for his first visit to training (mine too!).

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern Must be on Holidays-

reports please..
8-)

although I did Note today is " Diversity Day" for training prior to the Swim tomorrow and after rest day yesterday

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
shmic_s
Club Player

Great morning for it! Looking forward to the reports.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Prior Notice_ Open Training Session

tony74 wrote:If you want to try and change your working hours I hear on the grapevine there will be an open training session on Friday, Dec 9th at 9:30

There is a Open Training Session next Friday 9th of December at 9.30am

Saints94
SS Life Member

Any reports??

yipper
SS Life Member

Went along for a look this morning.

All players were there - except Rooey still in USA on hols.
Solid 2.5 hours session - really building the fitness base.

Observations: Beau Wilkes is one very big unit - he would actually snap Zac in half if he fell on him. He is also very fit. Could be a good one.

Rhys Stanley is training very well and he is keeping up with the leaders in the very gruelling running stuff.

Goddard was there but did not train. Dal still nursing the broken hand. Macca still in the rehab group.
Lenny now in main group and training superbly.

TS40 was there and doing his assistant coaching stuff.

All our new blokes trained and did well - although a couple of them just could not finish training as they were stuffed. It was a very tough session.
Big focus on kicking the ball properly and goal kicking in training at present. Paul Hudson is overseeing muvch of this.
Dean Laidley is working the midfield group hard and there is a lot of time spent on explaining drills needed to be done - I think we are going to see a different gameplan from our mids. Emphasis seems to be on quick takeaways and precise decision making.
Peter Burge the fitness guy is really putting the miles in the legs of this group pre-xmas. They get into a huddle prior to training starting and someone does the talking - last time it was Joey. Today it was Kosi. Really revs the group up. There is a very good spirit about the place. Everyone is up and about, Kenny Whiffen our beloved trainer - he thinks the placed feels like a fresh breeze has blown thru. He is very excited.
We have some good footballers in our squad now.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
yipper
SS Life Member

Went along for a look this morning.

Observations: Beau Wilkes is one very big unit - he would actually snap Zac in half if he fell on him. He is also very fit. Could be a good one.

Rhys Stanley is training very well and he is keeping up with the leaders in the very gruelling running stuff.

Goddard was there but did not train. Dal still nursing the broken hand. Macca still in the rehab group.

All our new blokes trained and did well - although a couple of them just could not finish training as they were stuffed. It was a very tough session.
Big focus on kicking the ball properly and goal kicking in training at present. Paul Hudson is overseeing muvch of this.
Dean Laidley is working the midfield group hard and there is a lot of time spent on explaining drills needed to be done - I think we are going to see a different gameplan from our mids. Emphasis seems to be on quick takeaways and precise decision making.
Peter Burge the fitness guy is really putting the miles in the legs of this group pre-xmas. They get into a huddle prior to training starting and someone does the talking - last time it was Joey. Today it was Kosi. Really revs the group up. There is a very good spirit about the place. Everyone is up and about, Kenny Whiffen our beloved trainer - he thinks the placed feels like a fresh breeze has blown thru. He is very excited.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Saints94
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:Went along for a look this morning.

Thanks for the report mate, out of all our new youngsters who would be the fittest?

Ross who?
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:

Peter Burge the fitness guy is really putting the miles in the legs of this group pre-xmas. They get into a huddle prior to training starting and someone does the talking - last time it was Joey. Today it was Kosi. Really
revs the group up. There is a very good spirit about the place. Everyone is up and about, Kenny Whiffen our beloved trainer - he thinks the placed feels like a fresh breeze has blown thru. He is very excited.
Thanks for the report mate, out of all our new youngsters who would be the fittest?
Yeah, great stuff. Very much appreciated. I too would like to know the observations re fitness of new recruits.
Was Terry Milera still in a moon boot?

Blake Acres fan club VIP
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for the training report Yipper....

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:Thanks for the training report Yipper....
+ 1 :)

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Agreed, well done.
Remember next Friday is also an open training morning.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Ross who? wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Peter Burge the fitness guy is really putting the miles in the legs of this group pre-xmas. They get into a huddle prior to training starting and someone does the talking - last time it was Joey. Today it was Kosi. Really
revs the group up. There is a very good spirit about the place. Everyone is up and about, Kenny Whiffen our beloved trainer - he thinks the placed feels like a fresh breeze has blown thru. He is very excited.
Yeah, great stuff. Very much appreciated. I too would like to know the observations re fitness of new recruits.
Was Terry Milera still in a moon boot?
Nah Milera isnt in moon boot anymore.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Rhys Stanley is training very well and he is keeping up with the leaders in the very gruelling running stuff.
I may be wrong but I recall someone reporting from the last training session suggested Rhys was having problems and really not going too well.

So this is great news. :)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks yipper :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

good report.
thanks

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
yipper wrote:Rhys Stanley is training very well and he is keeping up with the leaders in the very gruelling running stuff.
I may be wrong but I recall someone reporting from the last training session suggested Rhys was having problems and really not going too well.

So this is great news. :)
What it says to me is some people have preconceived ideas whether good or bad. i doubt his training has improved that much in a week.