Lyon a big drawcard for Freo-bound Dawson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:It wasn't aboput the money.
Life was untenable under the coach.
Oh wait....
The coach was gone and he's going to play for
that same coach.

These guys are professional footballers - they make their living from playing football and if the deal from Freo is, as suspected, at least 50% more than what he was offered to stay, then good luck to him for going.

BUT like many before him, I suspect his 'people' have advised him to downplay the money aspect so as not to look too mercenary.

So we have veiled noises about 'other things' being a part of the reasoning.
We've seen this camouflage before.
I'm sure we'll see it again.
I have no issue with this, but why tell porkies?

But he denied that his decision to leave the Saints was about following Lyon or that it was just about money.

"I didn't expect to be delisted at St Kilda," he said. "When I got back from my holidays I came back and a lot of stuff happened and before I knew it that had all happened.

"A day or two had gone past and I spoke to Ross and he said we are willing to give you another chance - that they had already been looking at me throughout the year.

How on earth did it come as surprise to him that he was delisted given he didn't /wouldn't sign a contract?

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Zac standing on the mark was always priceless to me he always looked like he was about to burst into tears.

Anybody else see this?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
crippa2sipa
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Zac standing on the mark was always priceless to me he always looked like he was about to burst into tears.

Anybody else see this?
For Christ's sake, don't be so mean. I love the guy..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The guy got abused by his own fans every week and even booed. The only thing I can think of that might have sent him away besides the money may have been the inability for our fans to embrace him.

I saw Zac as a great success -someone that resurrected his career to be a full back that was rarely beaten.

Most of the fans with the indignant attitudes are the ones that bagged him every week. Now he's traitor.

I hope he doesn't win a premiership because I will have to hate him too.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
It's been a really interesting few years, we have had so many St Kilda names come and go, funnily enough the two who I have lost the most respect for are Ball and Hudghton.
funny you say that as these two have the most respect from me ... Luke could of very easily stuck the boots into us he could of easily rubbed salt into the wounds after he got his medal but he didn't he handled himself like a true professional with integrity even when Ross walked out Luke was on ONEHD that night and The hosts were feeding him the chance to have a swipe at us but as the guy he is he didn't .. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and looking at it now seeing the player luke is for collingwood we got it wrong we should have given Luke more respect in regards to his ability ..... As for Max a lesser man would have gone to town on us about being over looked in a GF a loyal servant of the club who rightly/wrongly ( we will never know had max played we might have won or he might have done his hammy and lost by more) was told he was not required.. Max showed professionalism in his ability to separate his disappointment and do the best job he could do for his employer ..

People. Have no respect for are the ones who on their way out take a swipe at the club .. The ones who use the media to pass their agenda against the club those who publicly criticize the club at every chance ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The guy got abused by his own fans every week and even booed. The only thing I can think of that might have sent him away besides the money may have been the inability for our fans to embrace him.

I saw Zac as a great success -someone that resurrected his career to be a full back that was rarely beaten.

Most of the fans with the indignant attitudes are the ones that bagged him every week. Now he's traitor.

I hope he doesn't win a premiership because I will have to hate him too.
He isgoing to Freo ... I'll get a premiership medal before he does

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ace
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Geez... Am I the only one praying to see GWS suddenly declare interest in him late? Would be beyond comical... :P :lol:
But are they willing to pay him 1 mill over 3 years? Madness if you ask me. I think in a poor defence he will be found out.
That Subi ground is longer than any other in the AFL.
It will make it easier for oppositions to expose him one on one and harder for his team mates to get back and support him.

I can hear the Freo fans howls already.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Geez... Am I the only one praying to see GWS suddenly declare interest in him late? Would be beyond comical... :P :lol:
But are they willing to pay him 1 mill over 3 years? Madness if you ask me. I think in a poor defence he will be found out.
That Subi ground is longer than any other in the AFL.
It will make it easier for oppositions to expose him one on one and harder for his team mates to get back and support him.

I can hear the Freo fans howls already.
Just like our backline was found out under RL when playing over there.