Goddard should be sold off now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Cairnsman"]What a bunch of sooks! Yep, let's drag out the hoary old chestnut that is the “real supporter argumentâ€

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard should be sold off now

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I'm struggling to think of man in this world that has been offered millions of dollars and knocked it back.

He is gone and we should sell him off now and start developing the next wave.

Goddard is going to be a real distraction this year.

Let's be like Lyon and be progressive about this and make the first move.
Not much intelligence in that line of thinking Cairnsman.
You're spot on. It doesn't take much intelligence to think something like that. It's like offering a monkey one bananna or the whole bunch. Monkeys love banannas and human beings love money and Goddard is human. Unless they can pour some fertiliser on that money tree down at Seaford and grow some extra cash in 12 months Goddard will be hard to retain. I've loved watching the guy play over the years but I'm red white and black all over and I'm loyal to the club, not players.
You have an opinion that IMO is stupid but the worst part of your opinion is that if as you said we sold him off now is that we would get nothing for him. Is that what you really think the club should do?
What he's actually saying is that St.Kilda should have delisted Goddard because by not doing so he is going to attract that much attention during the season that it's going to distract the team and at the end of the day he's going to leave anyway. He's reasoning is that you might as well get nothing for him and save the supporters and the team the constant distraction.

Talk about trying to make a double negative a positive.

Honestly, the most moronic post I've ever read!

Another opportunity awaits!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I'm struggling to think of man in this world that has been offered millions of dollars and knocked it back.

You're spot on. It doesn't take much intelligence to think something like that. It's like offering a monkey one bananna or the whole bunch. Monkeys love banannas and human beings love money and Goddard is human. Unless they can pour some fertiliser on that money tree down at Seaford and grow some extra cash in 12 months Goddard will be hard to retain. I've loved watching the guy play over the years but I'm red white and black all over and I'm loyal to the club, not players.
You have an opinion that IMO is stupid but the worst part of your opinion is that if as you said we sold him off now is that we would get nothing for him. Is that what you really think the club shouldf do?
Speaking of bananas. I'll answer your dumb question if you answer mine: do you think we can retain Goddard if he is offered a record sum of money?

And ofcourse I don't think the club should get nothing for him cone head.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

You have an opinion that IMO is stupid but the worst part of your opinion is that if as you said we sold him off now is that we would get nothing for him. Is that what you really think the club shouldf do?
Speaking of bananas. I'll answer your dumb question if you answer mine: do you think we can retain Goddard if he is offered a record sum of money?

Great response but than again I read your first post so wasnt expecting much more. Anyway I have no idea about BJ next year. By the way how can we get something for BJ if he leaves this year? Would be interested to see how you can explain that.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

Great response but than again I read your first post so wasnt expecting much more. Anyway I have no idea about BJ next year. By the way how can we get something for BJ if he leaves this year? Would be interested to see how you can explain that.
If you go back to your first post in this thread you state very matter of fact that if we sold him off now we would get nothing for him. Why is that so?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

If you go back to your first post in this thread you state very matter of fact that if we sold him off now we would get nothing for him. Why is that so?
Because we cant get anything for him. Can you explain how we can?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

BJ will be turning 28 in 2013.

I'm not sure he'd be getting an offer worth leaving for imo.

There'd be plenty of younger players in front of him imo.

It may come down to whether he thinks we can contend in 2013.

If he does he may stay because GWS probably won't be in contention for a few years.

He'd be on good money with us, and he might think he's got a better chance of winning a flag and playing finals with us, rather than getting smashed for a couple of years then retiring before they contend.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

I can. But before I do can you first explain why we won't get anything for him if we sold him now?

winmaaah
Club Player

Maybe we need MN to threaten he'll go feral.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:BJ will be turning 28 in 2013.

I'm not sure he'd be getting an offer worth leaving for imo.

There'd be plenty of younger players in front of him imo.

It may come down to whether he thinks we can contend in 2013.

If he does he may stay because GWS probably won't be in contention for a few years.

He'd be on good money with us, and he might think he's got a better chance of winning a flag and playing finals with us, rather than getting smashed for a couple of years then retiring before they contend.
If he plays anywhere near his potential in 2012, he will get offers well over 1m a year for three years. At least.

At least.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

If he wants to go for the coin and the 2012 season has gone pear shaped... Then let him go. Let the boys have a big pre season and see what they bring to the table next year... Our fixture is unbelievable compared to the 2011 season... If we can just get a run on... honestly... who knows.

Rosco
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
<shortened by Rosco cos it was really just too long>

I can. But before I do can you first explain why we won't get anything for him if we sold him now?
we can't get anything for him because trade period is over. if he signs with GWS at the end of the 2012 season (or even right now) he can do so and be gone before the next trade period. the only way we can get something for him is if he signs a contract with us for 2013. are you suggesting we sign him for 2013 and trade him in the 2012 trade period?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Swap BJ for Fev. That will keep some people happy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

Simple. The trade period is over. Now give us how we can even though we cant.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

Have a listen to you ya maron! You sound like a dead-set 7 year old.

Ok so now that I am a little clearer on what we can't do, I refer you to my OP in this thread, and the point of it was not really any point other than being frustrated at how business is done in AFL and sounding off about it.
Blind Freddy will tell you that we are going to be smashed with constant media about Goddard for all of 2012 and I for one am not looking forward to it and would rather Goddard be gone sooner than later so the club, players and supporters can enjoy the game.

Rosco
Club Player

^ OR, Cairnsman just realised that we can't trade him (not that we should) and is now changing his tune.
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Because we cant get anything for him. Can you explain how we can?
even if we might if we could (but we shouldn't), we can't so we won't.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The focus in 2012 will be on Pendlebury. The Herald Sun and the masses led by the OP find it impossible to think of two things at once.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Superstar
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Eastern wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:What about the article in the paper today, quoting SOS, saying that GWS have their opening right now, to sign up those who are out of contract at the end of next season? In that article, Goddard is the second one mentioned as being highly sought after by them. They can sign him up right now for 2013, if they haven't already:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 6200160013
That article is in the paper because we are in the middle of the "Secret Window" for GWS to sign uncontracted players. The "Secret Window" is from 16 November (List Lodgement 2) until 24 November (National Draft)

Lets NOT kid ourselves, Pendelbury will be their 1st target, closely followed by Goddard. With the ammount of money these two can command in these inflated times GWS will probably only be able to choose one of them. Lets hope its Pendelbury !!
Pendelbury already has a Premiership medallion around his neck, whereas BJ, of course, does not.

Money is one thing but it's not everything. I wonder if Ablett would have signed with the Suns if he hadn't played in a flag and the Cats were on the cusp?

Agree with this, if Saints have a good year BJ will stay, if its a finish outside the eight, with no look of improvement he might go to GWS.

Everybody knows AFL will do what they can to get GWS to a flag in the next 5-8 years.

sainterjo
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:

Cairnsman:

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
bozza1980
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Blind Freddy will tell you that we are going to be smashed with constant media about Goddard for all of 2012 and I for one am not looking forward to it and would rather Goddard be gone sooner than later so the club, players and supporters can enjoy the game.
I understand where you are coming from, but if we want Goddard for 2013 and beyond we have to go through it.

Further, if worst comes to worst and he does go, the club will be compensated under the GWS uncontracted player signing compensation scheme or the free agency compensation scheme.

If Tom Scully is worth two first round picks, it is fair to say we will be adequately compensated.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

Ok so now that I am a little clearer on what we can't do, I refer you to my OP in this thread, and the point of it was not really any point other than being frustrated at how business is done in AFL and sounding off about it.
Blind Freddy will tell you that we are going to be smashed with constant media about Goddard for all of 2012 and I for one am not looking forward to it and would rather Goddard be gone sooner than later so the club, players and supporters can enjoy the game.
I sound like a 7 year old but you start a thread when you dont even know the rules that have been in for about 15 years. Pretty sure I know who sounds like a 7 year old.

What is a maron? is that a moron for 7 year olds?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

I sound like a 7 year old but you start a thread when you dont even know the rules that have been in for about 15 years. Pretty sure I know who sounds like a 7 year old.

You are still banging on like a twit. Give yourself an uppercut because you sound stupid. I'm picturing some 50 something loser in his bedroom with a keyboard and and bong. I might have that wrong but gee I reckon I'm close.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

You are still banging on like a twit. Give yourself an uppercut because you sound stupid. I'm picturing some 50 something loser in his bedroom with a keyboard and and bong. I might have that wrong but gee I reckon I'm close.
Not bad. I am fifty but I am the lounge room with my Daughter doing heroin together. the only thing is I am not banging on. Just proving what you said was friggin ridiculous.

Rosco
Club Player

i think we can all agree that this thread is ridiculous.

Pendles for GWS!!!