Can Nettlefold please shut it?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

westy
Club Player

'Just f****** win'.

That is the best suggestion that I have ever heard for a bumper sticker. Get to it, someone.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:Maybe now all this good Press is happening we can finally start to feel good about ourselves again, and our new, long term home. And I can sense a bit of that already.
I agree. And good press means greater potential for sponsorship, more sponsorship means more money to spend on the football department, more money spent on the footy department means a better side.

The more we're in the press (for good reasons) the better for our finances, and onfield prospects.

defacto
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Maybe now all this good Press is happening we can finally start to feel good about ourselves again, and our new, long term home. And I can sense a bit of that already.
I agree. And good press means greater potential for sponsorship, more sponsorship means more money to spend on the football department, more money spent on the footy department means a better side.

The more we're in the press (for good reasons) the better for our finances, and onfield prospects.
+1

we are starting to look like the good guys again. like around 2000-2005.

last two and a bit years we've been seen as the bad guys. almost like wce circa 2004-2008

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If I was Michael Nettlefold I might decide to have a look at a site like this and gauge how the membership is feeling. Particularly coming off a disastrous 12 months culminating in our highly regarded coach departing for Freo.

I may sense outrage at many things. The drop in membership with feelings that this will continue into the future. Concerns about the financial viability of the club. Disappointment at the relocation of our training facilities to Seaford. Concerns regarding staff departures and our capacity to woo quality replacements. Then there’s our inability to attract a high profile major sponsor. And major worries about the negative media that has followed our club and the insular place we have become. Even negative comments about the fact I was filmed talking on the phone with the blinds open on the night Lyon walked.

I may decide to do something about it.

I may reflect on the last few weeks and the announcement of Scott Watters as coach, a universally popular appointment following a very thorough vetting process. This has been followed by the appointment of some highly regarded assistants and fitness staff and the announcement of the Saints Academy. Barely a day has gone by without some good news story to brighten the day of most supporters.

I might then oversee a new membership drive with a commercial open to our entire supporter base where they get a chance to participate and to meet the coach, captain and other members of the playing group.

I may then get a moment to think, “That’s a bit of an improvementâ€

asiu
Saintsational Legend

'Just f***'n win it'.
better give bigred due credit, it's his mantra.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm not ragging on Mr N, Mr S.

I'm just saying I've seen it all before.

Go get 'em. Go forth. Do whatever you think you have to. But for me, just bloody win us something. It's when you get me the silverware that I'll be slapping you on the back.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Joffa 5
Club Player

I totally agree with your post Dr S.

Any chance the thread title can be softened a little?

St Lenny
Club Player

yipper wrote:Well from where I am sitting, I see a club that has a spring in it's step again. Netters was right to say that there is a building momentum - because there is. It is the staff, the players and we fans.
It is like a the place has shaken off the blues and is now ready to go again. We played like we were in pain or depressed last year - so to see the shift in attitude from the whole club is like a breath of fresh air. They are raring to go. So are we fans. It is all very positive and upbeat and is bound to sell memberships.

I think its fantastic. And to be honest, I don't know that we are doing alot different. The community stuff was there, but we had the media off side and they did'nt want to know about it. So change is good, very good. I know which I prefer to see in the papers.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can Nettlefold please shut it?

The Redeemer wrote:
So if our football is more open and lovey-dovey with the media Rodney Eade style we will automatically get from 2nd to 1st?
When were we meant to be 2nd let alone 1st.......

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Are media friendly and succesful mutually exclusive? I work in a retail environment where quality stock(football) needs to be complemented with friendly approachable sevice(media/fan friendly). How is improving our image going to hurt results?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
'Just f****** win'.

How's that for a bumper sticker then? :D

f****** love it.... :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Dr Spaceman"]If I was Michael Nettlefold I might decide to have a look at a site like this and gauge how the membership is feeling. Particularly coming off a disastrous 12 months culminating in our highly regarded coach departing for Freo.

I may sense outrage at many things. The drop in membership with feelings that this will continue into the future. Concerns about the financial viability of the club. Disappointment at the relocation of our training facilities to Seaford. Concerns regarding staff departures and our capacity to woo quality replacements. Then there’s our inability to attract a high profile major sponsor. And major worries about the negative media that has followed our club and the insular place we have become. Even negative comments about the fact I was filmed talking on the phone with the blinds open on the night Lyon walked.

I may decide to do something about it.

I may reflect on the last few weeks and the announcement of Scott Watters as coach, a universally popular appointment following a very thorough vetting process. This has been followed by the appointment of some highly regarded assistants and fitness staff and the announcement of the Saints Academy. Barely a day has gone by without some good news story to brighten the day of most supporters.

I might then oversee a new membership drive with a commercial open to our entire supporter base where they get a chance to participate and to meet the coach, captain and other members of the playing group.

I may then get a moment to think, “That’s a bit of an improvementâ€

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stuffed up again

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Joffa 5 wrote:I totally agree with your post Dr S.

Any chance the thread title can be softened a little?
As the author I am denying your request.

I wanted to see if I was in the minority or majority and it has become obvious that I am a little glass half empty compared to most on here. Tis all good though.

We are in a decent enough position and time will tell as to how much we can improve. We still have our core of gun players, hopefully a few youngens come through and are actually half-good for their age, a new coach and seemingly a new attitude around the football club.

It really could be worse.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:roll:
every dog has his day , pity yours is coming on a tuesday in about 3 years.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote::roll:
every dog has his day , pity yours is coming on a tuesday in about 3 years.
Interesting for someone who constantly wanted peace and harmony that you take wanky pot-shots sunshine.

Oh and an attempt to take over an internet forum by planning a raid via a bigfooty special little group...

Good one.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... doesn't matter which one of your 17 id's you use , your still just a spoilt mummies boy.

The cream rises to the top , so our resident pastry puff best move on before he drowns.
Your a wanker.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Sorry , double post.

But your still a wanker.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:... doesn't matter which one of your 17 id's you use , your still just a spoilt mummies boy.

The cream rises to the top , so our resident pastry puff best move on before he drowns.
Your a wanker.
I guess I had the benefit of a private school education and though this was taught how to differentiate between your and you're.

Good one.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Whatever gerbil king.
Whatever.

Bye Bye.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:No matter what the Club do, there will always be people who would rather criticise the 1% they are doing wrong rather than the 99% they are doing right.
I applaud the 1% they get right, it's the other 99% they get wrong that bothers me.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.... ps , gerbil botherer ... Peace is an absence of 'snide' not an absence of differing opinions , as far as i can see.

.... so , i struggle abiding those who piss down someones back whilst whispering in their ear that it's raining.

No right or wrong , my little pastry ... just expressing my observations on parasitic behaviours.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:.... ps , gerbil botherer ... Peace is an absence of 'snide' not an absence of differing opinions , as far as i can see.

.... so , i struggle abiding those who piss down someones back whilst whispering in their ear that it's raining.

No right or wrong , my little pastry ... just expressing my observations on parasitic behaviours.
I don't really care.

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

Legendary wrote:Could not disagree more.

Whilst premiership success will always be the ultimate goal, it does not have to be at the expense of making the members of this club feel valued, and engaging with them in a meaningful way.

We are - after all - a club, and a club is defined according to its membership.

We have enjoyed an incredibly successful period and yet our members have felt less engaged than ever before. There has been an air of secrecy and exclusion around the Saints.

It is fantastic to see Nettlefold and the rest of the club embracing the community again. We can still win premierships and be open with our members.

This club means a lot more to tens of thousands of people than it seems to mean to you. That's fine -- but don't slander those who want to be a part of something a bit more special.
Absolutely, and this is what I have seen forum members complaining about all year.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saint66au wrote:No matter what the Club do, there will always be people who would rather criticise the 1% they are doing wrong rather than the 99% they are doing right.
I applaud the 1% they get right, it's the other 99% they get wrong that bothers me.
If you’re only applauding 1% then that should leave your hands in good condition for your other skin on skin pursuits. :P