Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BallBanger
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
BallBanger wrote:DAWSON IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEENA DUD...anyone who thought he brings value is in lahlah land...to think he was a regular and paid more than a minimum makes me sick..thank god for Pelchin who sees it as it is and not as his luv child.

Why is it that he was not taken in the trade....

Sides did not kick goals against st kilda period...had little to do with a lost dawson in the middle of a flood
Saints flood do they...rigghht...

He wasn't taken in the trade because he wasn't put up for trade.

Other than that, a great post. well done.
St. Kilda will be forced to negotiate a deal for Zac Dawson after the defender failed to attract interest from other clubs during Trade Week.

The Saints are currently under salary cap pressure which they sought to release during the trading period, with Dawson’s contract one of a handful that has not yet been negotiated.

St. Kilda List Manager Ameet Bains was dumbfounded as to why Dawson was snubbed so completely

Stick with Tossa he's also a compulsive liar

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:One thing I have learned through playing cricket...

only good players get sledged.....

so thanks Joffa....
When I played cricket we never sledged the good players, only went for the weak and indecisive as they would crack......

so if you think I've been sledging you......

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
BigMart wrote:Where did Zac finish in the B&F in 2011??
13th
unlucky 13

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
starsign
Club Player

St. Kilda List Manager Ameet Bains was dumbfounded as to why Dawson was snubbed so completely

Yet the Shockers offer him 300,000...mmm???

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:St. Kilda List Manager Ameet Bains was dumbfounded as to why Dawson was snubbed so completely

Rumoured.....

as is article- the fact is he is still a listed Saints player after first list lodgment - still two more to go so time will tell.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:St. Kilda List Manager Ameet Bains was dumbfounded as to why Dawson was snubbed so completely

Hmmmm wonder why?

I never thought Dawson was a star, but wasn't as bad as some made out, but worth 300k?????

No way. Lyin is welcomed to him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
starsign
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Maybe St.Kilda is rejecting Zac Dawson's offer?
Let's hope so and they didn't put him up for trade cos we want to keep him either they offered him a new contract that was probably about all he was worth possibly less!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
Moccha wrote:Maybe St.Kilda is rejecting Zac Dawson's offer?
Let's hope so and they didn't put him up for trade cos we want to keep him either they offered him a new contract that was probably about all he was worth possibly less!
from some rumours ( and his manager)
Zac was offered contract mid year and said wait till end of year.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I heard Ivy from Port Melbourne on SEN with Bartlett earlier. She suggested (rather strongly) that Mr. Dawson was NOT popular amongst the females connected to the club. She even said that she'd help him pack his bags.

Ivy very rarely, if ever "BAGS" a current player, and for her to be so strong in her comments would suggest that he's GAWN and that there are some (females) close to the club who are more than happy to see the back of him.

Read into that what you will !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I heard Ivy from Port Melbourne on SEN with Bartlett earlier. She suggested (rather strongly) that Mr. Dawson was NOT popular amongst the females connected to the club. She even said that she'd help him pack his bags.

Ivy very rarely, if ever "BAGS" a current player, and for her to be so strong in her comments would suggest that he's GAWN and that there are some (females) close to the club who are more than happy to see the back of him.

Well, I honestly don't know how to read that to be honest.

I thought the angels sponsored him, but must have that wrong.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I heard Ivy from Port Melbourne on SEN with Bartlett earlier. She suggested (rather strongly) that Mr. Dawson was NOT popular amongst the females connected to the club. She even said that she'd help him pack his bags.

Sounds like a few women got knockbacks to me.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not enough balls to sledge the guns eh...

Why waste time with bunnies...... The target I went for was their best... if it didnt work, it didnt.... they were likely to perform anyway....

if it did work... we were then on top.... when someone is equal or better than you and their teams performance is dependant upon them.... you find a way to unsettle them...and let them know you want them to fail under pressure....cricket should be a mental test

Glen McGrath/Shane Warne....just knocked over bunnies with ability...
They psychologically intimidated the opposition stars...
Players like Kallis, Lara, Atherton, Kirstin, Trescothick often faultered under the pump...against the aussies..they were tested beyond their skill

Steve Waugh was perhaps the best example
He riled up Curtley Ambrose in 95 as a way to get him from bowling impeccable length balls, and waste energy with a barrage of short balls which Waugh soaked up...rope-a-dope style...then made 200
And his 3 bouncer intro to Viv Richards in 86 followed by the beamer....he has said since...."stuff this bloke, I am sick of us being intimidated by him"

The best cricketers arent afraid of anyone, and will take on allcomers.....not just weak ones

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

reminder Ivy is 90 :shock: :shock: and has her favourites. :shock:

I have found Zac a lovely young man..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

So Ivy was knocked back, gee she's a devil.

saint6
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:

Have no idea what Ivy is on about - Zac is probably one of the nicest players at the club. Although if he leaves he will be the enemy.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

not his type...??

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

not his type...??
After that pre season photo ....what is his type :shock:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Men

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
stinger wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

not his type...??
After that pre season photo ....what is his type :shock:
Hmmmm, let's see.

A tall, blond, authoritative, flat chested bavarian perhaps.  :P

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Men
Are useless.

We should all be shot!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not enough balls to sledge the guns eh...
No too sensible
BigMart wrote:Why waste time with bunnies...... The target I went for was their best... if it didnt work, it didnt.... they were likely to perform anyway....
Only black and white in the StMart world eh? Guns or bunnies??

Beginning to understand why you cant comprehend, left brain thinking only.
BigMart wrote:Glen McGrath/Shane Warne....just knocked over bunnies with ability...
funniest thing I have ever read. Two of the greatest sledgers of all time.

Remember one of your bunnies, Sarwan, making McGrath go ballistic with a sledge back to him.

You just make thing up to suit your delusions :roll:
BigMart wrote:They psychologically intimidated the opposition stars...
Players like Kallis, Lara, Atherton, Kirstin, Trescothick often faultered under the pump...against the aussies..they were tested beyond their skill
oh dear. you ARE kidding aren't you? I really hope so, otherwise you are a sad deluded person.
BigMart wrote:Steve Waugh was perhaps the best example
He riled up Curtley Ambrose in 95 as a way to get him from bowling impeccable length balls, and waste energy with a barrage of short balls which Waugh soaked up...rope-a-dope style...then made 200
And his 3 bouncer intro to Viv Richards in 86 followed by the beamer....he has said since...."stuff this bloke, I am sick of us being intimidated by him"

The best cricketers arent afraid of anyone, and will take on allcomers.....not just weak ones
You are comparing yourself to McGrath, Warne, and Waugh.

Oh my God, you really believe that dont you???

Umm - I never played anywhere near that level and played the game as I saw it. You believe you played the game in their fashion. Oh my god this is unbelievable :roll:

You believe you are a gun, it is obvious. As I said, never bothered with the good players, only the deluded big heads who THOUGHT they were something special.

You think I have been sledging you, so you now know what category I think you fit into.

Zbelieving you are on a par with Waugh, McGrath and Warne - really this fantasy takes the cake :roll:

Lance or James??

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:One thing I have learned through playing cricket...

only good players get sledged.....

so thanks Joffa....
When I played cricket we never sledged the good players, only went for the weak and indecisive as they would crack......

so if you think I've been sledging you......
Joffa is right on this. I am also correct.

I am your master.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
BigMart wrote:Men
Are useless.

We should all be shot!
Is there a law against reverse sexism :?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No Joffa....I am just demonstrating that you limp dick quote of "I only sledged the weak" was as weak as piss and showed you have NO balls...

Everything we say in comparison is obviously relative....doesnt take a genius to work that out....

What I am simply suggesting is that your philosiphy is not used/shared by actual people who play cricket....more importantly play it well

some questions for you

Why would you compare an all time great with a seriel underachiever???
Sarwans comment about Jane McGrath tasting like Brian Laras Dick was in poor taste....esp considering she was fight Breast cancer at the time...but anyway move on...Ill pretend you didnt know the full story....because that is a poor example....not really sledging, more like a stupid/dumb comment

The reason I picked those players
They are Champions that have at times failed to deliver against the Aussies in big games
They are the ones most dissmissed by the two great bowlers (poor sledgers in your thinking)
They are the ones with poorer records against Aus that career records

ie/
McGrath said he would dominate Lara before 2 different tours....and delivered on his comment both times

The players who have stood up to the Aussies (rare few in that period) are ones who did exactly the same straight back
K.Peterson (charging mcgrath and gillespie in 05)
Dravid (Just unflappable)
Laxmann/sehwag - attacked the aussie bowlers
Harbajan...got in their face and in india dominated them
Andrew Flintoff - Like Botham is basically an Aussie by nature from england

I am glad you want to argue cricket with me....Ill take that one anyday of the week....I live for the game...

BTW
Best sledger in the Australian Team and the nastiest (without being personal)
Adam Gilchrist

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Bell sounds ..saves Joffa from a standing count....the Corner sprays him and offers some random motivational jargon... Joffa bounces to his feet and heads for the centre as the Bell rings once again...