Pre Season start?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Pre Season start?

Seeing that a few young Collingwood players are back including Nick Maxwell and a few other teams are starting to bring in some players just wondering when we start? Or have the younger guys already started?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Start on the 7th I believe and the older guys on the 14th of November.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

thought Riewoldt was already doing gym work?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pre Season start?

clarky449 wrote:Seeing that a few young Collingwood players are back including Nick Maxwell and a few other teams are starting to bring in some players just wondering when we start? Or have the younger guys already started?
many are already doing some form of training- particularly those whose season finsihed early due to surgery.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I think our mature guys need the extended break after everything that has gone on over the past few years, including having less time off due to Grand Finalsand replays.
I think it will do them good. Hopefully they are not carrying around the same sort of baggage as they have for the past couple of years. Especially last year.

millarsaint wrote:thought Riewoldt was already doing gym work?
They all would be. They only get 2 weeks off and then have individual programs that they must do.

elizabethr
Club Player

Will be all expected to return at the required level of fitness including skinfolds within the specified measurements.
Don't want to be a dobber but a little birdy told e a certain peroxide blond was resmbling ore a contestant on Australia's Biggest Loser.
The arrival of a new coach is a great time to start afresh with older players able to extend careers and young ones to get a start.

nothing to say
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:I think our mature guys need the extended break after everything that has gone on over the past few years, including having less time off due to Grand Finalsand replays.
I think it will do them good. Hopefully they are not carrying around the same sort of baggage as they have for the past couple of years. Especially last year.
Last Grand Final was last year. A season has passed, Grand Final replay should not be an excuse to come back later.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:thought Riewoldt was already doing gym work?
They all would be. They only get 2 weeks off and then have individual programs that they must do.
Have your friends told you what those programs include? Thanks

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:Will be all expected to return at the required level of fitness including skinfolds within the specified measurements.
Don't want to be a dobber but a little birdy told e a certain peroxide blond was resmbling ore a contestant on Australia's Biggest Loser.
The arrival of a new coach is a great time to start afresh with older players able to extend careers and young ones to get a start.
Number 1?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
8856brother wrote:I think our mature guys need the extended break after everything that has gone on over the past few years, including having less time off due to Grand Finalsand replays.
Last Grand Final was last year. A season has passed, Grand Final replay should not be an excuse to come back later.
You don't think they carried around much baggage last year after all the dramas pre season and having a shorter break than anyone else. I'm sorry but I disagree with you. The extra break with hopefully no dramas will do them the world of good.

8856brother wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
You don't think they carried around much baggage last year after all the dramas pre season and having a shorter break than anyone else. I'm sorry but I disagree with you. The extra break with hopefully no dramas will do them the world of good.
I think they should get the right amount of break time, no extra break. Remember we came back late last year. So because of the dramas which some of those happened because of some players stupidity we give them extra weeks off? I personally would like to think the players are willing to use up their allocated holidays and get back into it from day 1 with enthusiasm.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

double

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

as per last year I wonder how closely the AFLPA are monitoring teams and the Players 'required' breaks- supposed to be 8 weeks, But at least 2 teams are already overseas on trips and others well and truelly back- under coaches orders- before the break is up.

it is given that some take a few extra days around Christmas - but...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:as per last year I wonder how closely the AFLPA are monitoring teams and the Players 'required' breaks- supposed to be 8 weeks, But at least 2 teams are already overseas on trips and others well and truelly back- under coaches orders- before the break is up.

it is given that some take a few extra days around Christmas - but...
I would think it is 100% monitored but if the group vote to come back early they can.

savatage
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote:Will be all expected to return at the required level of fitness including skinfolds within the specified measurements.
He's been fat for the last 2 years...needs to lay off the booze.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Doesnt he have to do skin folds like every other player?

elizabethr
Club Player

I am thinking some of the players shown ''favouritism'' during the Lyon Regime may be in for a bit of a shock when they return for the pre-season as now all will be treated the same.
Predicting the new coach will be able to see straight through any bulls*** considering his background working with ''troubled'' youth. :o

nothing to say
savatage
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
savatage wrote:
Doesnt he have to do skin folds like every other player?
No - his mum signs him a note, that he takes to the coach, that excuses him.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Warnie is going to introduce him to hid dietician and plastic surgeon.... Too bad Christian Barnard died!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
savatage
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote:I am thinking some of the players shown ''favouritism'' during the Lyon Regime may be in for a bit of a shock when they return for the pre-season as now all will be treated the same.
Predicting the new coach will be able to see straight through any bulls*** considering his background working with ''troubled'' youth. :o
Good call!