Waylen Manson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Waylen Manson

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sounds exciting but why would he sit out some of the Draft Combine Tests?

"Manson, 18, kicked eight goals the previous week after bagging 10 in the reserves just days after struggling through the AFL Draft Combine in Melbourne. He sat out the beep test, 3km time trial and skills testing at the combine."

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Sounds exciting but why would he sit out some of the Draft Combine Tests?

"Manson, 18, kicked eight goals the previous week after bagging 10 in the reserves just days after struggling through the AFL Draft Combine in Melbourne. He sat out the beep test, 3km time trial and skills testing at the combine."
Maybe he doesn't want to go to GWS ???

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Sounds exciting but why would he sit out some of the Draft Combine Tests?

no idea. might have had a belly ache!
im not hung up in the draft camp.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

no idea. might have had a belly ache!
im not hung up in the draft camp.
Neither is Manson by the sound of things.

Batnoe
Club Player

Coz his uncle is marilon and doesn't want to suck it up

Carn Saints
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:Coz his uncle is marilon and doesn't want to suck it up
I'd prefer Marilyn to Charlie.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

The WA clubs would surely be in the box seat due to the go home factor.
Maybe ND pick 40+ or Rookie

Interesting that article states he missed the WA State Combine, yet someone on BigFooty posted he did attend the State Screening :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:The WA clubs would surely be in the box seat due to the go home factor.
Maybe ND pick 40+ or Rookie

Interesting that article states he missed the WA State Combine, yet someone on BigFooty posted he did attend the State Screening :shock:
Not sure if Perth has much 'home factor' for someone from the Kimberly… nearly 3000 KM's away. Melbourne isn't much further.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

He is from Halls Creek (also known as wolfcreek.. From the movie) Perth clubs wouldnt be safe from the go home factor with him ... I reckon a club like Hawthorn or the Dees with a strong indigenous flavour in the group would suit him ... Not so sure he would feel "at home" at the saints with only Raph and Winmar as a fellow indigenous mates especially whith the crap Raph endures from his own teams supporters

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:He is from Halls Creek (also known as wolfcreek.. From the movie) Perth clubs wouldnt be safe from the go home factor with him ... I reckon a club like Hawthorn or the Dees with a strong indigenous flavour in the group would suit him ... Not so sure he would feel "at home" at the saints with only Raph and Winmar as a fellow indigenous mates especially whith the crap Raph endures from his own teams supporters
we also have milera now.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:He is from Halls Creek (also known as wolfcreek.. From the movie) Perth clubs wouldnt be safe from the go home factor with him ... I reckon a club like Hawthorn or the Dees with a strong indigenous flavour in the group would suit him ... Not so sure he would feel "at home" at the saints with only Raph and Winmar as a fellow indigenous mates especially whith the crap Raph endures from his own teams supporters
we also have milera now.
Yeah point taken also Scotty is a very family driven guy so maybe we might become the warm fuzzy club that can nurture a home sick kid ...

Saint4Eva
Club Player

GET HIM!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Given how well Jurrah has done - someone may take a punt before 25.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Given how well Jurrah has done - someone may take a punt before 25.
Has Jurrah really done much apart from one mark. Hope he gets better, but I think at the moment he is hugely overated. Doesn't try hard enough and goes missing most games IMO. Would like to see him prove me wrong as he has talent and it would be a great story.
As longh as it's not against us of course :!:

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Given how well Jurrah has done - someone may take a punt before 25.
Has Jurrah really done much apart from one mark. Hope he gets better, but I think at the moment he is hugely overated. Doesn't try hard enough and goes missing most games IMO. Would like to see him prove me wrong as he has talent and it would be a great story.
yeah. jurrah is pretty dangerous. always gets a good backman and has had some very good games. more than just the one mark.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
yeah. jurrah is pretty dangerous. always gets a good backman and has had some very good games. more than just the one mark.
might have gone missing in big games - but he would have had a few mates there. not sure melbourne got it in their 50 most big games last year.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I remember seeing Jarrahh tear west coast apart in one game he has a lot of skill give it time he will be a real good player

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I remember seeing Jarrahh tear west coast apart in one game he has a lot of skill give it time he will be a real good player
"One Game" being the point. 3 out of every 4 games I see him play are below average. Not saying he can't be good, there are plenty of kids running arounf the AFL with "talent". He is one of them.

8856brother wrote:
He dropped off a little this season as he was pushed out a little because they want to develop jackWatts as a forward. He has had some really good games and before injury last year was about the most exciting player in the league.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I remember seeing Jarrahh tear west coast apart in one game he has a lot of skill give it time he will be a real good player
"One Game" being the point. 3 out of every 4 games I see him play are below average. Not saying he can't be good, there are plenty of kids running arounf the AFL with "talent". He is one of them.
Dominating 1 out of 4 games beats the hell out of being delisted after never getting a game .... Let's for once go with that X factor .. Remember many on here said Rioli wasn't worth picking

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

And here I was thinking this was a thread about a tone deaf kid singing bad goth pop...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:And here I was thinking this was a thread about a tone deaf kid singing bad goth pop...
Nope it's about Liam Jurrah, clearly...