Have a look at this thread on Big Footy/////

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Have a look at this thread on Big Footy/////

Check this out...In the Phantom Draft section of the Drafts and Trading section, check out to Phantom Draft of Chris25, a Fremantle supporter. He has recognised St.Kildas needs perfectly. In order, he has given us the best ruckman apart from Longer who will go in the first handful of picks, then two quality mids, then a big full forward, then an even bigger forward.
, then a small defender followed by a large defender.

I would like to see this bloke at our Draft table. He has just redone his draft after the trade period finished. What he has given us is probably exactly what we need, now that Walsh and Lynch are gone. Maybe he could have fitted ina medium forward, but if our recruiters gave us these boys I would be wrapped.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Have a look at this thread on Big Footy/////

borderbarry wrote:Check this out...In the Phantom Draft section of the Drafts and Trading section, check out to Phantom Draft of Chris25, a Fremantle supporter. He has recognised St.Kildas needs perfectly. In order, he has given us the best ruckman apart from Longer who will go in the first handful of picks, then two quality mids, then a big full forward, then an even bigger forward.

I would like to see this bloke at our Draft table. He has just redone his draft after the trade period finished. What he has given us is probably exactly what we need, now that Walsh and Lynch are gone. Maybe he could have fitted ina medium forward, but if our recruiters gave us these boys I would be wrapped.
Link?

bennymac5
Club Player

If Toby Greene is still around at 25 as Chris25 thinks he will be, we should take him. Iknow we need a ruck, but Greene will be a gun.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bennymac5 wrote:If Toby Greene is still around at 25 as Chris25 thinks he will be, we should take him. Iknow we need a ruck, but Greene will be a gun.

Toby Greene will be gone by pick 25.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Have a look at this thread on Big Footy/////

Dr Spaceman wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Check this out...In the Phantom Draft section of the Drafts and Trading section, check out to Phantom Draft of Chris25, a Fremantle supporter. He has recognised St.Kildas needs perfectly. In order, he has given us the best ruckman apart from Longer who will go in the first handful of picks, then two quality mids, then a big full forward, then an even bigger forward.

Link?
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883264

No Contract, No contact :shock:
bennymac5
Club Player

[quote="Spinner"][quote="bennymac5"]If Toby Greene is still around at 25 as Chris25 thinks he will be, we should take him. Iknow we need a ruck, but Greene will be a gun.[/quote]

Toby Greene will be gone by pick 25.[/quote]
I agree with you, I think before Melbourne traded away pick 12 he would have gone there and now I think GWS will pick him at about 14. I'm just saying if it was like Chris25's draft, we would take him.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Seems like some decent guys still around during our first four picks. It is a raffle, but a couple of good players for the future quite likely.

Scoop
Club Player

He has 5 interstaters going in our first 6 picks (which is about all we will take)....don't think that will happen....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard some good things about Dobosz from Tassie, wouldn't mind him if he's still there.

noreason41
Club Player

I don't understand why we would take a ruck with our first pick.

McEvoy was a #9 pick, he's our #1 ruck for now, and for the next 5-10 years. What's the point of wasting another first round pick on a ruck, when we can only carry 1 ruck in a team of 22 (Can't really carry 2 Pure Ruckmen anymore).

On top of that, seeing how we took 3 mids & a forward (Siposs) last year, have delisted Cahill & lost Walsh, why would we wait for our 2nd last selection to pick a forward???

We have 3 realistic KPP forwards: Roo (29 next year), Kosi (29 next year) and Stanley (20 atm) - And he's proposing we use pick #42, #60 on 2 forwards...

I'd think a KPP forward is something we need a lot more then another midfielder..

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Hadn't heard we'd delisted Cahill.....

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I know our drafting will probably be completely different to what this bloke has done, but I hope we can have a similar result, that is a ruckman, a couple of forwards (I would prefer a KPF and a medium size forward, Siposs is probably the only one we have), a KPD, and a couple of speedy or tough mids.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Chris25's mock draft (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883264) has us picking Bolger up at pick 25 too, and if he's still around then I don't see why not.

The club is on record as looking for another ruckman, and right now if Macca went down with an injury (God forbid) we'd be screwed. There's still question marks over whether Stanley will make it, and if he does whether he'll ever be more than a pinch-ruckman. He's never going to have the frame required to outbody guys like Goldstein or Mumford. Who else have we got? Kosi?

I haven't seen Bolger but FWIW his descriptions make me think he could be a Michael Gardiner-type. He's Gards' height.

As for using pick 78... won't happen. The club will be lucky if there's anyone left at 68 worth punting on for a two-year contract.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Saints94
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:Chris25's mock draft (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883264) has us picking Bolger up at pick 25 too, and if he's still around then I don't see why not.

The club is on record as looking for another ruckman, and right now if Macca went down with an injury (God forbid) we'd be screwed. There's still question marks over whether Stanley will make it, and if he does whether he'll ever be more than a pinch-ruckman. He's never going to have the frame required to outbody guys like Goldstein or Mumford. Who else have we got? Kosi?

I haven't seen Bolger but FWIW his descriptions make me think he could be a Michael Gardiner-type. He's Gards' height.

As for using pick 78... won't happen. The club will be lucky if there's anyone left at 68 worth punting on for a two-year contract.
Thats where the recruiting staff come into it to find a gem around that mark, thats why they get paid :wink:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I think you will find that a lot of blokes who are to be delisted will be picked up this year. so there may be a few decent young players later in the draft than there would be otherwise.