Setanta O’hAilpin delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

defacto
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:will go to a lower team for 250k plus.

v good player good team man.
he'd be a great fit for the dogs

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Honestly! What is it some of us want? (a flag :wink: ??) We criticise the previous coach for recruiting recycled players instead of playing kids, and then some want us to contemplate picking this guy up :? I say GO THE KIDS!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I dont get it either we have members moaning about how Walsh left cause Ross didn't play him over the likes of gamble and here we have another top up player and they want to draft him ... Come on guys let's trust the kids to get the job done

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I dont get it either we have members moaning about how Walsh left cause Ross didn't play him over the likes of gamble and here we have another top up player and they want to draft him ... Come on guys let's trust the kids to get the job done
Totally agree with you and the jiggster. 8-)

luc1966
Club Player

Im finding it hard tho guys to trust our young KPP players

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

And O'halpain is an answer?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hawks, IMO.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Is George Best available? He was a pretty serviceable Irishman if I remember correctly.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:Im finding it hard tho guys to trust our young KPP players
How would we know they haven't had a shot yet ! We are not in a position to top up we need kids not journey men .. It's nothing against ohalpin I'm sure he still has value but we gotta keep an eye on more that next year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

CJC
Club Player

No thanks. Kicking skills not up to standard which is one deficiency we don't need more of.
Plus I seem to remember something being mentioned about our salary cap once or twice in the media.
Also he's 28.

saint6709
Club Player

We have picked up all kinds of journeymen in the last few years - some of them are still on the list but could easily be shown the door - Setanta has massive heart can play forward or ruck and can run - 28 is not that old - there are about 8 on the list who need waving off - I'd get him

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:We have picked up all kinds of journeymen in the last few years - some of them are still on the list but could easily be shown the door - Setanta has massive heart can play forward or ruck and can run - 28 is not that old - there are about 8 on the list who need waving off - I'd get him
Stanley has heart is tall can play forward or ruck and can run plus he is under 25 ... I would rather give games to Rhys then sentana ...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:We have picked up all kinds of journeymen in the last few years - some of them are still on the list but could easily be shown the door - Setanta has massive heart can play forward or ruck and can run - 28 is not that old - there are about 8 on the list who need waving off - I'd get him
Stanley has heart is tall can play forward or ruck and can run plus he is under 25 ... I would rather give games to Rhys then sentana ... Under Lyon he would be a chance but under Watters he should be looking at kids ... Won't surprise me if Freo pick him up and Nason

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I dont get it either we have members moaning about how Walsh left cause Ross didn't play him over the likes of gamble and here we have another top up player and they want to draft him ... Come on guys let's trust the kids to get the job done
Totally agree with you and the jiggster. 8-)
....and Plugger & Big Mart... it must be a clear cut case when those two are making the same pitch firmly on the against side!!

He is in theory a 28 year old project player, yeah he is tall, woopdedoo. He has massive question marks over his kicking, do we need another bloke kicking points for us? Are we forgetting about Kosi and Stanley for height?

We are dead against RL but we seem to be stuck in his mindset also, a reject who has question marks over his skills is not the answer! The only recycled player I'd consider would be a gun who walked out on his club (none in the market so far) or Fev, purely from a skills perspective and what he could do on field.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
ThePunter
Club Player

Firstly, I didn't criticise Lyon for recycling players. I've been consistent in stating there is no more subjective term in footy that "recycled player".

Secondly, I would certainly play Rhys Stanley ahead of O'Hailpin. I know a lot of him think the "love" for him is only due to his GF sprint efforts, but he is also 202cm tall. That's a dangerous and unique combination, especially considering he can also take a mark.

Having said all that, I think he should be considered because he falls under an area of need.

I don't think he'll get past the Western Bulldogs, however.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Stanley has heart is tall can play forward or ruck and can run plus he is under 25 ... I would rather give games to Rhys then sentana ... Under Lyon he would be a chance but under Watters he should be looking at kids ... Won't surprise me if Freo pick him up and Nason

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Firstly, I didn't criticise Lyon for recycling players. I've been consistent in stating there is no more subjective term in footy that "recycled player".

Secondly, I would certainly play Rhys Stanley ahead of O'Hailpin. I know a lot of him think the "love" for him is only due to his GF sprint efforts, but he is also 202cm tall. That's a dangerous and unique combination, especially considering he can also take a mark.

Having said all that, I think he should be considered because he falls under an area of need.

I don't think he'll get past the Western Bulldogs, however.
agree with all of this.

Sensible post.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)