Thank you Pelchen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thank you Pelchen

For gaining two quick young players and only dropping back 5 picks.

And for trading two players who have done little at St Kilda for two picks in the 30's - that are valuable given Pelchen's drafting skills.

Some people need to get a grip.

We haven't lost any regular senior players and our three best quality
Kids Siposs Cripps and Ledger are still with us.

All the best to Tommy, I hope he plays a 100 games for Sydney.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Good post, except I hope Walsh plays a handful of ordinary games for the Swine and heads back to Gaelic football in a few years.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Agree 100%. Would have like to kept Walsh but he was detemined to go and given the lack of game time (NIL) then can understand it. Can also undrstand the club not paying huge dollars to keep him as either way, he has yet to prove himself at afl level (thanks lyin)

I love this club
savatage
SS Life Member

Little Dozer wrote:Good post, except I hope Walsh plays a handful of ordinary games for the Swine and heads back to Gaelic football in a few years.
+1

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Agree, it's looking OK so far. I'm strapping myself in for some perplexing delistings and players walking for free in the draft though. I think, to this point, it's been well managed...even got 2 picks for a rookie. :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Yep, do people really think we should've paid walsh more than Siposs, Cripps and Ledger?

He was offered more then we thought he was worth or could afford, the end.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Pelchen and Watters saying they had to respect Tommy's wishes, so I interpret that as he was gonna walk for nothing.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Pelchen and Watters saying they had to respect Tommy's wishes, so I interpret that as he was gonna walk for nothing.
Correct

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

fingers wrote:
SainterK wrote:Pelchen and Watters saying they had to respect Tommy's wishes, so I interpret that as he was gonna walk for nothing.
Correct
Considering Watters came out this morning and said he is a required player, its obvious something happened which looked like Luke Ball all over again, but because we aren't stubborn, and don't have RL on board, we learnt from our lessons.

End of the day, Swans paid overs for him, and he would have lasted a long way past pick 35 on draft day so we can't complain about a bloke who was going to put further strain on our cap and would've probably gone anyway.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Tom Walsh indicated to the Club that he wanted to make the move to Sydney,â€

stinger
Saintsational Legend

judas promised the kid...and us that he would get a game before session's end......then welshed on the deal......f*** you judas...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintlee
Club Player

[quote="SainterK"]Tom Walsh indicated to the Club that he wanted to make the move to Sydney,â€

Saints Angel
Club Player

[quote="stinger"]judas promised the kid...and us that he would get a game before session's end......then welshed on the deal......f*** you judas...[/quote]

Agree with this. About 11 times as an emergency. I can remember Lyin saying on radio that Tommy Walsh would get a game in the next two weeks. As we know it never happened.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thank you Pelchen

saintspremiers wrote:For gaining two quick young players and only dropping back 5 picks.

And for trading two players who have done little at St Kilda for two picks in the 30's - that are valuable given Pelchen's drafting skills.

Some people need to get a grip.

We haven't lost any regular senior players and our three best quality
Kids Siposs Cripps and Ledger are still with us.

All the best to Tommy, I hope he plays a 100 games for Sydney.
You seem like a really nice and well balanced person.
Sadly im not!
If Walsh does well ill be gutted.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

We got a couple of quality players with toe which we needed. Didnt give up much and gained a few picks too.

Lynch is not going to do much at teh Crows really. Fairly poor player at AFL level.

Walsh was ready to take the step to AFL footy this year and should have (thanks Ross) but even id he had played 5-7 games we probably still would have lost him to the Swines.

All in all trade week was not to bad for us.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

this is not supposed to start a GT vs RL debate, but there seem to have been a nuimber of disgruntled players over the last couple of years, and I get the feeling there are still a few more there. I cant recall there being this many disgruntled players in the last 2 years of GT's term - or am i just forgetting ?

Point is, RL seems to be all about the task, and not about the people. Whilst I was devestated when Lyon left, it may actually turn out with free agency on the horizon next year we are better off without Lyon and better with someone who can engage with the players on a personal level.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:this is not supposed to start a GT vs RL debate, but there seem to have been a nuimber of disgruntled players over the last couple of years, and I get the feeling there are still a few more there. I cant recall there being this many disgruntled players in the last 2 years of GT's term - or am i just forgetting ?

Point is, RL seems to be all about the task, and not about the people. Whilst I was devestated when Lyon left, it may actually turn out with free agency on the horizon next year we are better off without Lyon and better with someone who can engage with the players on a personal level.
agree with your comments...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
defacto
Club Player

Zed wrote:this is not supposed to start a GT vs RL debate, but there seem to have been a nuimber of disgruntled players over the last couple of years, and I get the feeling there are still a few more there. I cant recall there being this many disgruntled players in the last 2 years of GT's term - or am i just forgetting ?

yeh it looks like lyon pushed for the flag with no regard for the players or the future.

he did stick by some players during his time though but i think that as more about him thinking he needed them.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
Point is, RL seems to be all about the task, and not about the people.
Hit. Nail. Head!

Exceptions of course are our star players. Heaven help the fringe and role players though!
Last edited by saintspremiers on Mon 17 Oct 2011 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Here, here!

Congratulations to Mr Pelchen on a stupendous job in managing the list and trades through a very tricky period.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!