Our team in 2015

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Our team in 2015

Is going to be awful I fear

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our team in 2015

dcstkfc wrote:Is going to be awful I fear
Oh yeah. Really bad. And GC and GWS will be really good.
100 point floggings

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

Hardly.

Goodness me.

We finish 6th, without Lenny and Gwilt, and effectively no Roo and BJ well down with a hip injury.

We only lose two guys who hadn't really played, and gain some pace and guys who could play now if needed.

Sorry OP, but that's so sad, it's kind of amusing. :wink:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Hardly.

Goodness me.

We finish 6th, without Lenny and Gwilt, and effectively no Roo and BJ well down with a hip injury.

We only lose two guys who hadn't really played, and gain some pace and guys who could play now if needed.

2015. Who the hell will be our core?

Andreoli?

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

We are going to be terrible.

Havnt been able to develop recruit trade a key forward for ten years since Roo was drafted.

Someone please explain why we traded our only two promising talle out. Lynch and Walsh.

Are there other falls I do not know about....?

Our list is absolute rubbish.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:We are going to be terrible.

Havnt been able to develop recruit trade a key forward for ten years since Roo was drafted.

Someone please explain why we traded our only two promising talle out. Lynch and Walsh.

Are there other falls I do not know about....?

Our list is absolute rubbish.
We'll probably keep those morons Johnson and Cahill now...

what a debacle...

ThePunter
Club Player

Not much chance. We have more picks than anyone than GWS. Will use first six, meaning at least five more players to be delisted.

The nervous nellies should be Heyne, Cahill, Johnson, Smith, Clarke, Gamble & Polo.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Not much chance. We have more picks than anyone than GWS. Will use first six, meaning at least five more players to be delisted.

The nervous nellies should be Heyne, Cahill, Johnson, Smith, Clarke, Gamble & Polo.

Shallowest draft in years

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

its going to be a few long hard years ahead.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Hardly.

Goodness me.

You clearly arent following what is going on at other clubs. The talent GC and GWS are stockpiling is seriously good. We just held it together finishing a sad 7th (Swans finished 6th) surviving on a negative gameplan and the heroics of Dal Santo, Milne, Chips and Dempster. Only McEvoy and Steven contributed of anyone under 25. Thats 2 guys under 25! Thats very very scary, for 2015.

If we dont start uncovering some under 25's quick smart we are in massive peril. Why you think they hired Pelchen and were lukewarm on Lyon????? The Board and Nettlefold are well aware of whats coming.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Haha

You henny pennys are hysterical... I'm disappointed that Walsh has gone but FFS were you seriously relying on him to be the difference between a terrible list & a good one?

We'll load up on kids again this year.

Next year will be the same (possibly with a few extra early picks if certain players leave).

The recruiting side of things is in good hands despite Tommy running for more $$$.

By 2015 we will be in a full rebuild most likely with the current elite group retired. We won't be challenging but to whine about how bad we'll be purely in light of losing Walsh is a hysterical over reaction.

ThePunter
Club Player

Coach 'em up.

saintlee
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:Haha

You henny pennys are hysterical... I'm disappointed that Walsh has gone but FFS were you seriously relying on him to be the difference between a terrible list & a good one?

Next year will be the same (possibly with a few extra early picks if certain players leave).

The recruiting side of things is in good hands despite Tommy running for more $$$.

By 2015 we will be in a full rebuild most likely with the current elite group retired. We won't be challenging but to whine about how bad we'll be purely in light of losing Walsh is a hysterical over reaction.
Agreed.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

load up on kids??? our first draft pick is 25 ffs.
we will get the rabble while GC and GWS get the cream.
Even Brisbane have better prospects than us.
And im whining about how bad we will be - not because of Walsh - because we have 2 players in our best 22 who are under 25 and that carnt Lyon did nothing about if the last 5 years.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Cripps, Ledger, Siposs, Ferguson, Johnson, Winmar, Crocker....

Hope they all prove you wrong 8-)

(plus the picks this year)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I don't actually blame Lyon that much for this, only for his betrayal at the end.

We blew it in 04, 05, 09, 10.

You only get so many bites at the cherry, and you've got to do your best to take them.

I just hope we don't spend as many years outside the 8 in the next decade as we have inside the 8 in the last decade.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Cripps, Ledger, Siposs, Ferguson, Johnson, Winmar, Crocker....

Hope they all prove you wrong 8-)

(plus the picks this year)
I do too K

And I admire your optimism

But the odds are monumentally stacked against us, such is the system and the way we've recruited/developed young talent in the past 5 years.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:

And im whining about how bad we will be - not because of Walsh - because we have 2 players in our best 22 who are under 25 and that carnt Lyon did nothing about if the last 5 years.

Add the two kids we picked up to 3 picks between pick 20 & 35 & I'd consider that to be a swag of kids.

Brisbane have been rubbish for the last 5 years Con... they've had higher & more picks than us to start with & I dispute that they have better propects anyway.

We've been top 4 since 2004... down times inevitably come.

You've got no idea what position we will be in by 2015. Maybe we'll land a few gun kids coming home from GC & GWS & be back challenging by then. Maybe BJ will stay & Watters will build a side around him.

Next year we might have 6 blokes under 25 in our best 25.... will that make you happy?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

But are we suddenly so fearful just because an un-tried Irish rookie has left us? Surely he's not the difference.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Add the two kids we picked up to 3 picks between pick 20 & 35 & I'd consider that to be a swag of kids.

Brisbane have been rubbish for the last 5 years Con... they've had higher & more picks than us to start with & I dispute that they have better propects anyway.

We've been top 4 since 2004... down times inevitably come.

You've got no idea what position we will be in by 2015. Maybe we'll land a few gun kids coming home from GC & GWS & be back challenging by then. Maybe BJ will stay & Watters will build a side around him.

Next year we might have 6 blokes under 25 in our best 25.... will that make you happy?
It's just a very sad day for many people, because Walsh represented hope for legions of fans

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Walsh had been hyped by lyon after the monumental f%$# up of the ball and lovett fiasco. It was a mess and as a way of creating a smoke screen Lyon made out he was a potential no. 1 draft pick.

He is always going to be a great athlete but very few become absolute guns from overseas. Stynes was the best of them but even he had some deficiencies in a more naive era.

Walsh was pretty poor last international rules series, he was average in the NAB and at Sandy apart from one game where he kicked 6 goals he looked ok.

Johnson had a couple of extended periods of good footy as a forward but we didn't get as excited.

Tom Williams is a code swapper, Shitanta O hailpin, Mike Pike, Sheedy's african project player all are questionable.

Marty Clarke is an ok player as was Thigh Kennelly but they were fast runners not key play makers. I

t is still more than likely that he won't be a regular player for a long time and wouldn't have been with us. Lynch probably would have got going quicker.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Of course it's true.

Afterall, as Saints fans, we live on a steady diety of pessimism :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

P.S. What I find most funny about this thread is that OP has an avatar which would suggest a fan seeing a bright future for the club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Gotta be down the bottom some time, we've had a good run (will hopefully be nearly a decade of finals) and the harder you fall the better chance you have of picking up some really good players for the future…

chillax, it's 2011

skfc17
Club Player

pathetic

we get a new coach everyone that matters is excited and positive but theres still some dick heads out there that just love to whinge and find the negatives in everything

Carn the mighty Sainters