Anybody else worried about Nick Riewoldt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:This is one of the major reasons I called for us to go the tank after round 11.
Riewoldt was clearly lame and we sent him out week in week out on one leg. Not only did it cause him to further damage his knee it also humilated him.

Of course I was howled down by the "we can still win the flag brigdae". But it showed lyon was a selfish asshole who was hell bent on leaving the club at end of the year and gave no care for the future or longevity of riewoldts career. True sainters should have been worried about nick months ago.

I hate lyons guts.
Sometimes you amaze me. Firstly we have doctors and secondly not all thought we could win the flag but we needed to win for confidence going into next year. I hate Lyons guts. My daughter used to say words like that 8 years ago. She is now 16.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anybody else worried about Nick Riewoldt

skeptic wrote:
GT did this to Kosi when he played him when he had a back injury (with pain killing injections) and arguably this fantastic looking kid lost a fair bit of agility.
no need to argue about it!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anybody else worried about Nick Riewoldt

saintdooley wrote:
skeptic wrote:
GT did this to Kosi when he played him when he had a back injury (with pain killing injections) and arguably this fantastic looking kid lost a fair bit of agility.
no need to argue about it!
touche... at least that's something we can agree on :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:This is one of the major reasons I called for us to go the tank after round 11.
Riewoldt was clearly lame and we sent him out week in week out on one leg. Not only did it cause him to further damage his knee it also humilated him.

Of course I was howled down by the "we can still win the flag brigdae". But it showed lyon was a selfish asshole who was hell bent on leaving the club at end of the year and gave no care for the future or longevity of riewoldts career. True sainters should have been worried about nick months ago.

I hate lyons guts.
Sometimes you amaze me. Firstly we have doctors and secondly not all thought we could win the flag but we needed to win for confidence going into next year. I hate Lyons guts. My daughter used to say words like that 8 years ago. She is now 16.
Sometimes I amaze myself.
Lyon would only hire doctors who did as they were told. That's how he rolls.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Lyon is the devil... he killed bambi and eats babies.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm a lot less concerned about Roo after reading the double page article on him in the HS the other day. Seems to have things in better perspective now and hopefully the worst is well and truly behind him and that he's come out of this better and stronger in all respects.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
To the top
SS Life Member

So did the Murdoch trash acknowledge and apologise for the situation they created for Riewoldt and others by relying on and printing the lies of an attention seeking juvenile?

The Murdoch media is coming under fierce pressure in the USA and in the UK as its tawdry and illegal activities, including the methods it uses to influence public opinion and its influence with political parties of the far right, are exposed.

The New York Times, in its Editorial on 15 October addresses the issues in the UK quite correctly in my opinion - summarising that they do not want the same outcomes here and, in other articles referring to resignations from the UK Government because of associations with Murdoch (and Cameron is shifting ground to protect himself in this matter and will come undone), lifts the pressure on Murdoch and his activities.

In Australia we get what we get from Murdoch - including the publication of lies and the damage done to those implicated by those lies.

So, was there an apology to Riewoldt and others implicated by the lies published?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Yes, they got down on their knees and begged for his and our forgiveness. It was very emotional.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I hate lyons guts.
Why the hell did your messiah ( the guy that you feel compelled to defend each time someone posts anything negative or derogatory towards him ) not understand that this needed to be a rebuild year or at least a year where the mature blokes needed to rejuvenate and the younger blokes needed to be offered opportunities to step up...

Why the hell do you not address the implications regarding what Con wrote about tanking after round 11, rather than just posting petty shyte about some throw away line? What happened to Pies in rnd 24 against the Cats?????? What happened to West Coast for nearly the whole of last year for example... Or let's say you're playing a match and let's say you're in the top 4 with no chance of dropping and finals is coming up next week...you're the coach and at half time, the side is down by 50 points, do you keep your stars out on the field for the 'maximum' amount of time for the next two quarters? Do you get out at 3 q time when your side is only 45 pts down and ask your guys to bust their guts in the last quarter? Noooo - of course you don't you ninny!!!!!

What are you saying; that Roo and BJ and Chips and Dal and the guys with half a brain don't have confidence :roll: :roll: As far as confidence is concerned, we got close to the ultimate and nearly snatched it, what the hell are you on about??

Someone posted that the only player that was 'new' in the elimination final against the Swans this yearr versus the finals line-ups last year was Jack Steven... the other bloke that was 'different' to last years lin-up was Polo. I'm not saying that Polo didn't deserve his spot, but in the end...how does playing Polo and Blake and Ray and Dawson and Raph and Gram in each game help the development and improvement in our footy club if we are going to challenge for a premiership in years to come??